TF charter template
From Web and TV IG
@@@Task Force Name@@@ (@@@TF SHORT NAME@@@)
Note: You are encouraged to substitute all the text highlighted with "@@@" like "@@@Task Force Name@@@" and "@@@TF SHOFT NAME@@@" with the actual content like the name and the short name of your proposed Task Force.
The @@@TF SHORT NAME@@@ is a subset of the Web and TV Interest Group, whose goal is to discuss...
Basic Information of the Task Force's work
- End Date: @@@
- Confidentiality: Public
- Initial Moderator(s): @@@
- Meeting Schedule: @@@ (e.g. bi-weekly telcos)
The goal of the @@@TF SHORT NAME@@@ is to determine the next steps at W3C for @@@Topics@@@.
We have succeeded if we can achieve...
The @@@TF SHORT NAME@@@ will do the following:
- Refine the requirements and design goals at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/@@@URL of TF Requirement Document@@@
- Identity clear gaps in the Open Web platform, and categorize all the use cases/requirements into the following categories:
- It's resolved already
- Laision with others
- New requirements for existing Working Group
- Requires new working group
- We know it needs to go into a W3C working group we just don't know where
- We don't know where it goes and need more research
- Propose WG charter(s) to W3C Director for recommendation track work fulfilling some (or all) of those requirements.
The @@@TF SHORT NAME@@@ should deliver the above listed deliverables by the end date mentioned in this charter (i.e. @@end date@@)
Detailed timeline is available below:
- 3 months for the TF (that can be exceptionally extended up to 6 months on request from TF participants). At the end of this period,the TF should produce a report about the TF deliverables as described in this charter.
- 1 month to present the result to the IG and reach consensus inside the IG
The @@@TF SHORT NAME@@@ will work with the following W3C groups and external groups...
This Task Force primarily conducts its technical work on the public mailing list at
TF emails should be labelled accordingly, by prefixing the email subject with the TF identifier "[@@@Task Force Email Identifier@@@]". See W3C mailing list and archive usage guidelines.
There is also a member-only list to be used for administrative purposes at
The moderator maintains the Task Force page on the public Wiki, with the help of the Task Force participants if needed.
Participation in this Task Force's telephone conferences and f2f meetings is open to W3C Members and Invited Experts. However, all the public mailing list subscribers can participate in the Task Force discussion on the list.
To keep track of Task Force participation, all the participants should register his/her name and affiliation on the Task Force Wike at:
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/@@@Task Force Participants@@@
- If you have already sent an email to the public list, it would be appreciated if you could add your name/affiliation to the Task Force Wiki yourself. In this way we can confirm that the wiki is working as expected.
- In order to be a Task Force participant (and to edit the wiki yourself), you need to be an official IG participant, as explained at: