MPTF/MPTF Discussions/Delivery in distribution windows/Common content secuirty requirements
From Web and TV IG
This is a list of common content security technical requirements derived from the related use-cases
- The Media element  should be used to play protected content including:
- Media resources with multiple media tracks
- Synchronising multiple media elements
- Timed text tracks
- Enable use of the Media element to play content protected by methods not built into the user agent.
- Blend <object> /<embed> external resource reference with video/audio element APIs
- Provide Web content with common interface to content protection
- Provide a way to pass protection parameters to the user agent via a common API.
- Provide events and error codes so that the user agent can convey protection related status to web content.
- Enable servers to authenticate applications and users
- Common authentication interface
- Provide information so page server can make content available depending on level of protection available in user agent
- Is HTTP user agent string enough?
- API so page can determine UA protection capabilities