See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 12 December 2011
<olivier> Last minutes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2011OctDec/0132.html
<olivier> scribeNick: chrislo
Al sends his regrets.
Action 1 from previous meeting is done.
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 1
shepazu: Action 2 is in progress
olivier: has integrated WebRTC use cases into our doc. (Action 3)
olivier: the WebRTC have more requirements than use cases, so we'll need to find common terminology.
<olivier> trackbot, close action-5
<trackbot> ACTION-5 Integrate WebRTC use cases into our doc closed
but this looks good enough for the time being. So closing.
chris: is a bit concerned about changing the name since the API has wide coverage so far. Doesn't want to cause confusion by changing the name at this point.
olivier: the reason this was
proposed was to keep the next steps as neutral as possible at
this stage. Hence wanting to switch away from the generic
... remembers ROC saying he could live with keeping the names as currently.
chris: suggests that the umbrella name is "Audio processing API" and keep the names as current.
olivier: looking for consensus.
Resolution: The three documents will be Audio Processing API for the umbrella, and Web Audio API / Media Streaming API for the two proposals respectively.
chris: can make enquires about
whether Google could host the meeting.
... he can ask his manager.
olivier: do you think f2f could be held in Southern California / Mountain View.
chris: if we're choosing NAMM
event it would be better if it was close to the event
... I'll have to look into it a bit more.
... asks if Tom Wight had suggestions for a venue.
shepazu: looks it up, they don't
have the space for 1-2 days.
... we should ask if the NAMM members have space for 10 people for 1-2 days
chris: could look into whether Google could finance that.
shepazu: will take it off list, keep olivier and chris in the loop.
olivier: for chrislo and I
approval to attend is granted already, we're ok if logistics
can be secured.
... what is the deadline for people to confirm, round the table?
chris: pretty easy for me. Would be good to attend NAMM as well.
shepazu: that's the link for
anyone interested in attending.
... I got an invitation a couple of days ago. The deadline is today for signing up for invites.
olivier: the invitation, as I understand it, does not have strings attached.
olivier: could we already get a rough idea of who is planning to work on which areas of the use case and requirements docs.
olivier: that's the use cases
... we have 8 classes at the moment in this document.
olivier: I think we should try, for each class, to make sure the requirements are in line with the template shepazu just posted.
chris and chrislo mention that the XG group didn't spend too long on the pre-exisiting use case documents.
olivier: we need to spend a bit of time on this for the WG because it will help us to objectively rationalize/refine the two proposals.
... we need both use cases and requirements. They're good for communicating with the community and other groups.
... make sure there's no surprises and get early involvment from other groups.
... and we can advertise what we're working on, to get other people excited.
... it also helps if we want to move to candidate recommendation status. It helps to show that the work satisfies widely held needs.
... it's good to have a checklist for our own book keeping purposes.
olivier: asks shepazu to take us through this document.
shepazu: rationale are known
... this is a pretty rigorous format.
... if we split use cases away from the requirements we can link between them.
... it will be useful when we have people actively reviewing the document.
... need identifier/name, motivation, rationale and a link to the use cases.
<olivier> ACTION: doug to show example of how to derive requirement from our use cases on the mailing-list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/12-audio-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Show example of how to derive requirement from our use cases on the mailing-list [on Doug Schepers - due 2011-12-19].
shepazu: also the two specs have
requirements already, so it's fine to "back port" them to this
... doing this will help us tease out the differences between the two documents.
chris: will be able to take a look at back porting the requirements.
shepazu: doesn't want to cut into chris's time as editor and implementor
<olivier> ACTION: Chris_Rogers to start back porting requirements from his proposed spec into use cases/reqs doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/12-audio-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Chris_Rogers
shepazu: suggests we start on the wiki, he can convert later to another format.
<olivier> ACTION: Chris Rogers to start back porting requirements from his proposed spec into use cases/reqs doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/12-audio-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Chris
<trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. clowis, crogers)
shepazu: will create a page.
<olivier> ACTION: CRogers to start back porting requirements from his proposed spec into use cases/reqs doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/12-audio-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Start back porting requirements from his proposed spec into use cases/reqs doc [on Chris Rogers - due 2011-12-19].
fpwd = first public working draft
olivier: asks shepazu to explain the importance of this
shepazu: people are often asking
what is happening with the audio working group, they are not
sure of our progress
... so publishing frequently is important.
... w3c has a policy that we need to publish every 3 months (heartbeat requirement)
... many groups are quite lax about this, but it would be good for us in particular to show that we are actively moving forward.
chris: asks what the process is
when publication happens - are they snapshots of a more rapidly
... should I commit to a repo on a day-to-day basis
shepazu: we decided to publish
three documents as separate documents that are updated on their
... the editors draft should always be the most up to date version of the document.
... you (chris) should always publish to mercurial repo, when we decide to publish shepazu or Thierry will take a snapshot and publish to TR-space
TR = technical report.
chris: I need to get changes back to the trunk repo when changes are made to publication.
shepazu: changes made in the publication fork should be merged back in. shepazu will work with chris to do this.
chris: I have some changes to make so should I put them directly in the mercurial repo?
... and let me know, so I can keep the publication up to date.
... gives a brief update on recruiting members for the group
shepazu: hardware people as well as implementors are welcome.
^^ this is the tracking tool for our working group
olivier: it will help us track
action items, issues in the spec etc.
... go and have a look, try it out. We'll be using this a lot.
shepazu: I'll be setting a test!
olivier: Any other
... volunteer scribe for next week?
Matthew volunteers to scribe next time.
shepazu: would like us to focus on technical stuff going forward as much as possible.
olivier: agrees, it will happen
now we're up and running.
... adjorns, with thanks.
<shepazu> trackbot, end telcon
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Roq/ROC/ Succeeded: s/the/this/ Found ScribeNick: chrislo Inferring Scribes: chrislo Default Present: chrislo, kinetik, olivier, Michelle_Park, Doug_Schepers Present: chrislo kinetik olivier Michelle_Park Doug_Schepers WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Found Date: 12 Dec 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/12/12-audio-minutes.html People with action items: chris chris_rogers crogers doug rogers WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]