See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 05 December 2011
<scribe> Scribe: Olivier
<scribe> ScribeNick: olivier
<kinetik> the conference code isn't work for me
<shepazu> nor me
<roc> "the conference is restricted at this time"
<kinetik> roc: use 26631
<roc> hey, this is a Compunetix conferencing system
<Joe> I am not able to join the conference -- getting "restricted at this time"
<kinetik> Joe: use 26631
<roc> my wife worked at that company
<roc> surprised to hear it's still alive
Olivier: [intro, hello world]
Doug: proposal for Olivier to join as co-chair
Olivier: explains how understanding of process could be useful, to help first-time chair Al
Doug: having two co-chairs also
... not yet official, need to be vetted by W3C management
... if any objection, talk to me
[quick round of intros]
Joe: CEO of noteflight, music
notation software company
... lot of firsthand experience going into use cases
Doug: mostly experience with flash, also with Java?
Joe: our product mostly use flash, also have experience with Java and audio on many platforms
Doug: formality at W3C management on Wednesday
Doug: thoughts on f2f in LA
Al: 19-22 ?
Olivier: would we try and have it before, after, during?
Doug: better for me before
Joe: same for me, better before
ROC: have already signed up for
another event around same dates
... might be possible to fly straight there
... f2f discussions are good to know people, not sure how this can be effective
Doug: group has lacked cohesion so far, a f2f might help
Al: any other time of the year you're already in the area, ROC?
ROC: might be in North America in
... Matthew can represent Moz
... but might be hard representing the work I've been doing
Doug: think the f2f would be a
good idea, would also be good to go to NAMM
... people who can't make it could call in?
Joe: would work for me, would be good to meet others since I'm going to NAMM anyway
Doug: we probably should do it
RESOLUTION: assuming we can find logistics, the group would like to have f2f meeting around NAMM in January
Doug: ideal if someone from WebRTC from Mozilla can join too
Joe: amendment - would be hard to do it before, after works
Doug: not me, but noone cares about me anyway
(scribe may be taking liberties here)
Doug: two possibilities for the
... we should try and publish ASAP
Olivier: we had resolution to publish at TPAC, just a matter of how, and ASAP...
Doug: two ways we could
... one has the two proposals as part of the same spec (chapters)
... or an umbrella document, and two separate docs for each proposal
... first approach has one name for the doc "web audio API"
... the other approach would have "web audio api" be a landing page
... and the two proposals "media processing api" and "web audio graph api'
Al: would require renaming Chris Rogers' doc?
ROC: don't object keeping its current name
Al: could make it confusing, if Chris is amenable, we should rename it
Olivier: would be nice to keep "web audio API" for umbrella spec
Doug: would like there to be one
spec come out of this
... can't speak for merits of each proposal, but would be good to integrate the two proposals into one
... if we can
... and have a "web audio API" spec and a "something"spec
Doug: which approach would the group prefer?
Olivier: concern was to publish
two specs, one gets abandoned
... Doug, maybe you can explain how this would be handled?
Doug: the spec that does not get
pushed forward gets published as a note
... the other goes forward in REC track
ROC: suggest we get feedback from
... Microsoft and Opera
... we want the spec to be implemented
... if browser vendors have preferences, they should be heard ASAP
Doug: am trying to get that from them
Olivier: seems to be a good
reason to publish FPWD
... publish and gather feedback
RESOLUTION: publish one umbrella document, two proposals as FPWD
RESOLUTION: subject to confirmation by Chris R, the three documents will be "Web Audio API", "Media Streaming API" and "Web Audio Graph API"
Al: use cases copy-pasted from
the incubator group
... wanted to go over those and make it relevant
... don't think streaming is mentioned there
Olivier: what happened to the list we drafted at TPAC? seems to have been overwritten?
Al: the page we started on at
TPAC is now here
... -> http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Basic-Examples
... goal was to give simple examples with pseudo-code
... two completely different pages
Al: the use cases are here:
... and were copied from incubator group
... nothing touched here for over a year
... would like the group to look through those and add anything missing
Doug: few different ways we can
make progress here
... could spend time on telcond about this, might be more productive if individuals take cases and develop them further
Al: do we have an anatomy of a use case we could use ?
<scribe> ACTION: Doug to provide "anatomy of a use case" template [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/05-audio-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Provide "anatomy of a use case" template [on Doug Schepers - due 2011-12-12].
Olivier: suggest people send intention to work on section, coordinate with others wanting to work on same
Doug: we have coordinated with
... let's make sure we take their use cases and req into account
Olivier: happy to look into it
<scribe> ACTION: Olivier to integrate WebRTC use cases into our doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/05-audio-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Integrate WebRTC use cases into our doc [on Olivier Thereaux - due 2011-12-12].
<scribe> ACTION: Al to find minutes of joint meeting with WebRTC (if any available) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/05-audio-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Al
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/proposal/proposals/ FAILED: s/bt/by/ Found Scribe: Olivier Inferring ScribeNick: olivier Found ScribeNick: olivier WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: Al Doug Doug_Schepers F1LT3R FILT3R IPcaller Joe MikeSmith Olivier P5 Previous ROC Ronny ScribeNick aaaa foolip inserted kinetik paul_irish shepazu trackbot You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy Found Date: 05 Dec 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/12/05-audio-minutes.html People with action items: al doug olivier[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]