See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 06 October 2011
<janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference
<janina> Scribe: TBD
<janina> agenda: this
<scribe> scribe: Rich
<JF> scribe: JF
Rich: waiting to hear from Maciej
on proposal, has been a long time
... will start implementing things without his response
JB: wondering how long you have been waiting on the response for
Rich: it is approaching 4 weeks
<paulc> What is the link of the message to maciej?
JB: asking paul if Maciej is aware of this
PC: this has not been discussed
by the chairs
... looking through emails and see no note of this. is it in archives?
Rich: Is in a11yTF archives
JB: asks Paul to follow up with Maciej
Rich: will forward note to Paul and archive
Paul: will react to this as soon as I get it
JS: part of the urgency is that Moz is anxious to get started on this
<inserted> scribenick: richardschwerdtfe
<scribe> scribe: Rich
Leonie: we have gone through all
the bugs that have come int. We are ensuring that the
priorities are appropriate
... we should finish this by next Tuesday
... if there are ways that the bug triage team can help best let me know
... the default on filing is P3. We should raise this to the chairs
Mike: I thought I change this but
someone changed it back
... Let's look back at the ones assigned to Hixie
... We know nothing will happen unless someone posts a response
Mike: this was filed by Greg
... Hixie provided a response
... we are waiting on Greg to respond
... the spec. should UI should respond to system settings.
... Hixie asked where does it require this in the spec.
... does someone know Greg and can contact him?
Janina: Put Greg's name on
... it came from Greg's reading from something so I need to touch base with him
<scribe> ACTION: Janina follow up with Greg Lowney on bug 13623 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-132 - Follow up with Greg Lowney on bug 13623 [on Janina Sajka - due 2011-10-13].
<scribe> chair: MikeSmith
Mike: What if the only input
device device on the computer is a mouse
... that comment was from Ian
Rich: What if no device came with a screen Ian?
Mike: for these kinds of bugs it would be useful to have in the bug comment the part of the spec. that is problematic
Janina: The action is the same
for just that reason
... We need to go back to the matrix to see what part of the read was assigned to Gregg
<scribe> ACTION: Janina get with Gregg Lowney on bug 13591 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-html-a11y-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-133 - Get with Gregg Lowney on bug 13591 [on Janina Sajka - due 2011-10-13].
Mike: this was filed by
... there was a comment from Tab controling the autocomplete is as difficult as other autocompletes
... if you use the same color picker at that site it may save the information
... on the face it seems to make sense
<scribe> ACTION: Cynthia follow up on bug 13570 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-html-a11y-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-134 - Follow up on bug 13570 [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2011-10-13].
Mike: anyone can go in and provide descriptions and pointers
Rich: I think Greg is referring to an <embed> or <object> tag
JF: if the embedded object steals a key that the browser uses who wins?
Rich: some browsers are implementing embedded objets as separate processes and the events would not be propagated to the browser but it needs to be stated.
JF: Greg put a lot of work into
... ACTION: Jaina get with Greg Lowney on bug 13564
<scribe> ACTION: Janina get with Gregory Rosmaita and Greg Lowney on 13564 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-html-a11y-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-135 - Get with Gregory Rosmaita and Greg Lowney on 13564 [on Janina Sajka - due 2011-10-13].
Mike: The comment was adding the list attribute to the input states that supported changes the control from a text box to a combo box
Ian: wanted to know how a combo box is not a text box
Mike: This was filed on behalf of
the task force and it was an editorial change
... the content or the video tracks are handled by the page author
... The control of this should not impact the rendering unless control exposed in the UI
... John Foliot please respond to question from Phillip
JF: this was from Geoff reid from NCAM
Mike: this was filed by Shelley
... can I safely leave off the controls attribute ...?
... you leave it on unless you create your own custom controls and then you disable it
JF: this is potentially an
... if you don't declare controls you don't get them
Mike: if the attribute is present or scripting is disabled for the media element ... then even if the controls attribute is not there the browser should render its own controls if script is disabled
Cynthia: can we have controls on
by default? that seems the logical solution
... it would be far more elegant to have a no controls attribute
JF: the default would be that
controls is false
... Those selector attributes don't have value in HTML 5
<scribe> ACTION: John Foliot revisit controls vs. no controls [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-html-a11y-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-136 - Foliot revisit controls vs. no controls [on John Foliot - due 2011-10-13].
Leonie: is there anything the web triage team can start to move through next week to help the task force?
<paulc> Has the email about maciej's review been sent?
<janina> aack r
<Zakim> LeonieWatson, you wanted to ask whether there is anything bug triage can do to help the TF work through the tagged bugs?
Judy: the team met Tuesday
... we welcome feedback despite the time shift to Tuesdays
Judy: on longdesc there is a
response that John Foliot had posted
... this is a fairly detailed response
... I have a few other things to mention
... need to check with Paul to get some discussion around JF's response to Jonas
... any thoughts about what would be useful about getting s discussion going on this
Paul: I think the latter
... In response to Steve's question about change proposals
... Chairs to review proposals. we have about 10
... when it goes to survey we don't uncover the problems we covered in the last pre-last call effort
... It made our decisions more difficult
... I am not answering your question directly but I am indirectly answering Judy's question
Judy: on meta generator I have something from the text subteam
Paul: Since the chairs are reviewing things. Send us a note to place a change proposal for issue X higher up in the change proposals
JF: a prioritized list
... I am trying to deflect the detailed response to your question as I don't know the answer
Judy: put the subteam reports at
the top of the agenda
... On Summary Janina and Lynn are providing use cases.
... On alt for images that has had a point per point clear up and that is closed
... meta name generator, that returned to the group for further work.
Judy: Steve you should look at the feedback on that item. Also, could you hook up with Janina on that
Janina: provide more context
Steve: for the alt image on title what happened with that?
Judy: this is one of the things
we were doing in our call.
... let me check before our meeting next Tuesday
Steve: I think I updated the change proposal, people seemed happy.
Judy: that is ready for the
... Janina please push this to the top of the list for the chairs
Steve: we have had all this time
and no changes have been made wrt. title
... this has been sitting around for years
Judy: the change proposal is ready to go?
Janina: Let's do next week
Judy: was there a reversion problem?
Steve: there was a second one I have asked for reversion
Judy: this is significant
<paulc> The Chairs are processing the second revert request via email. I started the Chairs-only thread this morning.
Rich: Ian is opening defects and makeing edits on things that already have been addressed by the chairs
Janina: The first issue has already been reverted
Paul: this is in violation of an
existing working group decision
... the chairs are aware of the systematic nature here
<paulc> Going to WG meeting.
Steve: for next month I am being funded 2 days a month to work on the HTML mapping guide
Steve: my buddies at Adobe have agreed to provide funding for this for a year (2 days a month). TPG is also funding so this is 3 days a month
Judy: that is excellent
<scribe> Meeting: HTML 5 Accessibility Task Force
<scribe> chair: Rich
chair next week is Janina!
RRSAgent make minutes
<scribe> chair: MikeSmith
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: i/scribe: Rich/scribenick: richardschwerdtfe Succeeded: s/queston/question/ Succeeded: s/version/reversion/ Found Scribe: TBD Found Scribe: Rich Found Scribe: JF Inferring ScribeNick: JF Found ScribeNick: richardschwerdtfe Found Scribe: Rich Scribes: TBD, Rich, JF ScribeNicks: richardschwerdtfe, JF Default Present: Janina, Mike, paulc, John_Foliot, Judy, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Stevef, Cynthia_Shelly Present: Janina Mike paulc John_Foliot Judy Rich_Schwerdtfeger Stevef Cynthia_Shelly Found Date: 06 Oct 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-html-a11y-minutes.html People with action items: cynthia janina john WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]