HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

15 Sep 2011

See also: IRC log


Mike, John_Foliot, Judy, Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Steve_Faulkner, Cynthia_Shelly
Léonie_Watson, Janina_Sajka, Laura_Carlson
MichaelC, MikeSmith


<trackbot> Date: 15 September 2011

<MichaelC> scribe: MichaelC

<richardschwerdtfe> is zakim not working?

bug-triage subteam update

<richardschwerdtfe> there u go

<MikeSmith> scribe: MikeSmith

MichaelC: working on two tasks: looking at a11y bugs and figuring out if they need to the -tf keyword
... second task is going through remaining bugs and seeing if we missed any, and caught some

<scribe> scribe: MichaelC

Canvas sub-team

rs: proposal sent, awaiting responses from browser manufacturers

this is on changes for focus ring, and text baseline

Text alternatives sub-team

jb: met this week for first time in several weeks

discussed response in progress to Jonas on longdesc

also discussed adding response to Matt, who updated his change proposal

hope to send these out next week

checked on some reopen requests and change proposals

meta generator recirculated, no feedback, so plan to look at that next week

then forward to full TF

table summary proposal seems to have missing info, plan to ask Josh to add

figcaption, trying to gather info on how it's expected to be used in browsers

and usability aspects related to length of the caption

so will probably keep working on for several weeks

also discussed an item forwarded from bug triage group

expect to clarify and take next steps

jf: bug on generated content and AAPIs

no consistent response

mc: note relationship to PFWG review of CSS, which includes generated content module

would like to coordinate the two pieces

jf: will coordinate offline

Media sub-team

jf: not much in past couple weeks, in holding pattern while some issues mature

I will be attending Web & TV workshop next week so will see some of the principals to coordinate

hope to reconvene in next couple weeks

-> http://www.w3.org/2011/09/webtv/ Web and TV Workshop

ARIA mapping

cs: nothing new lately

plan to restart work next week

sf: will be at TPAC, hope we can meet then as well

cs: yes, though let's start before then

jf: think ARIA/AAPI mapping may also relate to generated content issue

sf: please send bug reference

jf: will do and follow up

Actions review

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open


<trackbot> ACTION-131 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to write whitepaper on ARIA features that seem similar to HTML features but aren't -- due 2011-08-04 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/131

<MikeSmith> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Jul/0169.html

rs: news to me...

mc: looks like we made RS temporary assignee, but felt need for this on 28 July 2011

<Stevef> html5 and the myth of aria redundance http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2010/04/html5-and-the-myth-of-wai-aria-redundance/

rs: trying to figure out...

sf: above resource might be useful

New business

no deadlines in immediate future from HTML WG

<MikeSmith> qq?

mc: note a deadline to push back on bug priority assignments

-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html Timeline

that was 2 September 2011

ms: this might be an extendable deadline

mc: not sure how many reprioritizations we'd request, but fell behind on checking on that

because still triaging in bugs

ms: don't think would affect timeline much

timeline was based on assumption on more bugs submitted than actually were

will bring up schedule in HTML call today

Next meeting

ms: scribe volunteer?

sf: will volunteer if present

rs: will serve as backup

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/09/15 15:37:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found embedded ScribeOptions:  -final


Found Scribe: MichaelC
Found Scribe: MikeSmith
Inferring ScribeNick: MikeSmith
Found Scribe: MichaelC
Inferring ScribeNick: MichaelC
Scribes: MichaelC, MikeSmith
ScribeNicks: MikeSmith, MichaelC
Default Present: Mike, John_Foliot, Judy, Michael_Cooper, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Steve_Faulkner, Cynthia_Shelly
Present: Mike John_Foliot Judy Michael_Cooper Rich_Schwerdtfeger Steve_Faulkner Cynthia_Shelly
Regrets: Léonie_Watson Janina_Sajka Laura_Carlson
Found Date: 15 Sep 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/15-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]