HTML Weekly Teleconference

11 Aug 2011


See also: IRC log




<trackbot> Date: 11 August 2011

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-08-11: Issue progress, HTML.next from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-08-10 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

<scribe> scribenick: rubys

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13759] New: Should define page load processing model for video/audio <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/1297.html> 4** [Bug 13429] Section 7.5 contenteditable and designMode must make navigation consistent platform conventions <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/1296.html>

ACTION items due by Thursday, August 11

mjs: none

New Issues This Week

mjs: none

Items Closed Last Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: call for counters closed august 2nd


<trackbot> ISSUE-168 -- Remove typemustmatch -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/168

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-168: Remove typemustmatch - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: call for counters closed august 2nd


<trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: extended call for counters closed august 6
... issue 168 received no proposals, and was closed without prejudice
... issue-133 received a proposal, and steve indicated that he may be willing to withdraw his proposal in favor of this one
... this likely will lead to a CfC
... any questions?

Items Closing This Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- Drop rel=pingback -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-165: Drop rel=pingback - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: call for counters closed august 9th


<trackbot> ISSUE-153 -- link type "external" either not useful or underspecified -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/153

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-153: link type "external" either not useful or underspecified - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)


<trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/154

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-154: "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: both of these closed on the 10th

Items Closing Next Week

mjs: none

New Calls this week

mjs: none

New Surveys this week

mjs: none

Decisions this week

mjs: none
... lull due to previous issues working through the process; and new new issues being raised recently

Other Business

mjs: HTML.next and rechartering


<pimpbot> Title: HTML.next and Rechartering from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-08-10 (public-html@w3.org from August 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: there is considerable interest in plotting out the next release of HTML after HTM5 as HTML5 goes into maintenance mode
... what we are soliciting is suggestions for new ideas which will go into a spec that is not in maintenance mode
... we are interested in editors drafts of new versions of existing documents or even new documents; from existing editors or any working group member
... doing so will require a charter update; and we are soliciting feedback on what would go into such a charter
... two basic approaches, one with specific scope called out, or one that is open ended.
... any questions or comments?
... I encourage everyone to participate in the email thread
... any other Other Business?

janina: two items...
... what is the status of the editor for the 2D spec? should the former editor being processing bugs against this spec?

mjs: the chairs privately had a discussion with the editor and got his commitment to let the decision stand on issue 133, and we are proceeding with him as the editor of that draft. He should be processing the bugs.

janina: so to be clear, he is still the editor of that draft

mjs: yes

janina: there is some discussion of pulling editing content from the HTML5 spec and not submitting this content to the W3C.

mjs: it certainly would be valuable for this to go through the process at some point
... as far as removing significant chunks of content... if that reduced consensus, we would provide full opportunity for the WG to have input on that decision

cynthia: a bug was resolved as "out of scope" as it would be addressed by a spec that is not under the W3C process.

mjs: a link to the bug would be helpful

rubys: another option would simply be to mark this as an issue that you would like to have raised

mjs: any other topics?

Scribe for next meeting

mjs: Sam will chair as Paul is on vacation... any volunteers for scribes?

ted: I will scribe


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/08/11 16:21:05 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: rubys
Inferring Scribes: rubys

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Cynthia_Shelly MFoladare Microsoft P5 Radhika_Roy Sam Title aaaa adrianba arronei_ bugmail cynthia davidb eliot hober html-wg janina joined kimberlyblessing mjs pimpbot rubys scribenick ted trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JulSep/0011.html
Found Date: 11 Aug 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/11-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]