HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

11 Aug 2011


See also: IRC log


+1.650.468.aaaa, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, +1.720.342.aabb, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Marco_Ranon, Léonie_Watson, Cynthia_Shelly, Leonie


<trackbot> Date: 11 August 2011

<janina> trackbot, start meeting

<MichaelC> what a pill Zakim is

<trackbot> Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 11 August 2011

<janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon

<janina> agenda: this

<MichaelC> chair: Janina_Sajka

JS: short meeting due to low attendance

Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List

Next Steps Bug Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Spec_Review

JS: Léonie, you can talk to me about how to set up the bug triage team

LW: contacted old members and emailed the TF looking for people
... meeting likely to be on Tuesday afternoon

JS: by the time the team is ready there will be a lot of bug to be processed, and using the old modus operandi should work fine

MC: there are roughly 120 bugs with the a11y keyword, 400 filed since the last deadline not yet reviewed

JF: Ian already started closing bugs
... I watched the bugs but i might have missed some

MC: Laura still checking bugs
... Ian is following the process to close bugs, if we disagree we reopen and provide more information
... if close again, we send a tracker request

[discussion around bug canvas and who's the editor for canvas]

JS: I will raise the issue during the next HTML call

RS: who is the editor for the ARIA section?

MC: Ian is taking action on filed bugs. He's the default assignee.

Subteam Reports: Canvas; Text; Media;

[discussion about canvas specs and who is the editor and were are te specs, w3c or outside]

<richardschwerdtfe> http://aryeh.name/spec/editing/editing.html

<richardschwerdtfe> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/dnd.html#editing-apis

MS: it looks like a change proposal for the WHATWG, not an official spec

RS: I am writing a change proposal and then clickable region is the next

JF: still working on using aria-describedby as a replacement for longdesc. Do we know how the chairs will proceed now?

JS: we have the opportunity to have more discussion, before the formal process
... we can get the discussion going next week
... it will be on the agenda, with meta=generator and probably @summary
... we have a lot ready to go although there are several people on vacation, but we should be able to make good progress


JF: we are working on the last issues and Silvia is helping

<JF> figcaption bug: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13651

<richardschwerdtfe> dropping off

MC: looking for a scribe

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/08/11 15:50:30 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Marco_Ranon
Inferring Scribes: Marco_Ranon
Default Present: +1.650.468.aaaa, Michael_Cooper, Janina_Sajka, John_Foliot, +1.720.342.aabb, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Marco_Ranon, Léonie_Watson, Cynthia_Shelly, Leonie
Present: +1.650.468.aaaa Michael_Cooper Janina_Sajka John_Foliot +1.720.342.aabb Rich_Schwerdtfeger Marco_Ranon Léonie_Watson Cynthia_Shelly Leonie
Regrets: Laura_Carlson
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Aug/0288.html
Found Date: 11 Aug 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/11-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]