W3C

Home Networking TF Teleconference

28 Jun 2011

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Igarashi, Kazuyuki, francois, Richard_Bardini, Jerry_Ezrol, David_Mays, Aizu, Bob_Lund, jcdufourd, DongHyun_Kang, Mark_Vickers
Regrets
Chair
Francois
Scribe
Clarke

Contents


Starting with migration issues

ISSUE-7 - Service Migration

<francois> ISSUE-7?

<trackbot> ISSUE-7 -- Use case: Service Migration -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/7

<mav> Mark Vickers just joined.

<francois> Service Migration

Proposal to close issue 7. Dependency update made by Jean-Claude.

<francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: accept and close ISSUE-7

RESOLUTION: accept and close ISSUE-7

<francois> close ISSUE-7

<trackbot> ISSUE-7 Use case: Service Migration closed

ISSUE-15, ISSUE-25 - Application push/pull Migration

<francois> ISSUE-15?

<trackbot> ISSUE-15 -- Document Migration -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/15

<francois> ISSUE-25?

<trackbot> ISSUE-25 -- Application Pull-Migration -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/25

<francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: accept and close ISSUE-15 and ISSUE-25

kaz: with their proposed titles?

<francois> [two use cases: issue-15 is application push migration, issue-25 is application pull migration. Suggest to leave exact titles in use cases and requirements document as editorial decision.]

RESOLUTION: accept and close ISSUE-15, accept and close ISSUE-25

close ISSUE-15

<trackbot> ISSUE-15 Document Migration closed

close ISSUE-25

<trackbot> ISSUE-25 Application Pull-Migration closed

ISSUE-20 - TV Querying and Control

<francois> [skip in Matt's absence]

ISSUE-24 - Local Link of Web applications

<francois> ISSUE-24?

<trackbot> ISSUE-24 -- Local Link of web applications -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/24

<kaz> Wiki description on ISSUE-24

<kaz> igarashi: the above Wiki page describes several possible use cases as well as user scenarios

<kaz> ... we need to have system analysis based on user scenarios

<kaz> fd: yes. a use case and several user scenarios following that which describes the use case

<francois> Local Link

<kaz> fd: issue-16 has overlap with this issue-24. Also if we consider the generic use case described here, there's some possible overlap with other issues, such as issue-4.

<kaz> issue-16?

<trackbot> ISSUE-16 -- Web and Device Interworking -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/16

<kaz> fd: issue-16 may have to be merged with issue-24 if we keep the generic use case.

<kaz> ... it's "Web and Device Interworking"

<jcdufourd> here is a quote from ISSUE-4 (accepted)

<jcdufourd> an interface to get a list of discovered services; an interface to get the list of messages exposed by a discovered service; an interface to send a message to a discovered service; an interface to set a listener for messages from a discovered service.

<kaz> fd: issue-16 is user scenario rather than a use case in your terminology

<kaz> issue-4?

<trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- Use Case: Service User Interface -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/4

<kaz> igarashi: existing proposed use cases could be categoraized into two categories

<kaz> ... generic ones and specific ones

<kaz> ... service specific ones and service agnostic ones

<kaz> fd: please clarify what this (issue-24) use case covers and what is not

<kaz> igarashi: agree with Giuseppe that those user scenarios would be categorized into two

<francois> [proposal would be to see is issue-24 is covered by other issues. If it is, next step could be to extract the user scenarios listed and list them as use cases, as they help precise requirements]

<francois> igarashi: agree to create 3 issues based on user scenarios if that's what we want

kaz: proposal to analyze if there is common system interaction between these use cases

<scribe> ACTION: francois to continue discussion about issue-24 on mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-42 - Continue discussion on mailing list [on Fran├žois Daoust - due 2011-07-05].

ISSUE-16 - Web and Device Interworking

<francois> ISSUE-16?

<trackbot> ISSUE-16 -- Web and Device Interworking -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/16

<francois> [At the system interactions level, ISSUE-16 is covered by ISSUE-24]

<scribe> ACTION: francois to also continue issue-16 on mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-43 - Also continue issue-16 on mailing list [on Fran├žois Daoust - due 2011-07-05].

ISSUE-19 - Media Identification

<francois> ISSUE-19?

<trackbot> ISSUE-19 -- Media Identification -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/19

<francois> [propose to skip in Matt's absence]

ISSUE-21, ISSUE-22 - Time Synchronization

francois: all remaining issues are from Matt and Russell who are not on the call today

ISSUE-17 (and derived) - Home Network Enabled User-Agent

<francois> ISSUE-17?

<trackbot> ISSUE-17 -- Use Case: Home Network Enabled User-Agent -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/17

<francois> [ISSUE-17 got split into ISSUE-26, 27, 28, 29, 30]

francois: happy about the split.
... any concerns here?

clarke: I think those are important use cases. It goes with compatibility with existing devices that are out there.
... important objective of this group.

jean-claude: discussed about the different levels, between the lower use cases already accepted, and higher use cases such as this one.

clarke: you're saying we need to cover the use cases but may not need a specific API for each of these use cases, is that right?

jcd: yes.

mark: just to clarify, use cases will be prioritized afterwards, right?

francois+kaz: yes.

igarashi: if we talk about low level APIs, user scenarios do not have much meaning.

francois: yes, precisely, but a low-level API is already a "possibly solution". At this stage, I think user scenarios are important to discuss and should be what compose the use cases and requirements.

igarashi: thinks prioritizing use cases is important to clarify what kind/level of APIs are needed

francois: please discuss on mailing list so we can just approve them next time
... kaz to host calls next two weeks if needed

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: francois to also continue issue-16 on mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: francois to continue discussion about issue-24 on mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/06/28 15:25:49 $