IRC log of webtv on 2011-06-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:51:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
13:51:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-irc
13:51:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:51:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webtv
13:51:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
13:51:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
13:51:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference
13:51:58 [trackbot]
Date: 28 June 2011
13:52:40 [francois]
zakim, what conferences?
13:52:40 [Zakim]
I see Team_(wf)13:01Z, Team_(RevCadence)9:00AM, Team_(mediaann)07:00Z active
13:52:43 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM, T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, XML_(TAG TF)10:00AM, WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)9:00AM, TAG_(AWWSW)9:00AM, IA_Team()10:00AM,
13:52:45 [Zakim]
... Team_(MEET)10:00AM, UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)10:00AM, INC_SSN()9:00AM, MWI_BPWG()9:30AM
13:52:51 [francois]
zakim, this will be WebTVIG
13:52:51 [Zakim]
ok, francois; I see UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
13:52:51 [kaz]
s/Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference/Home Networking TF Teleconference/
13:53:00 [francois]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2011Jun/0176.html
13:54:44 [igarashi]
igarashi has joined #webtv
13:56:48 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)10:00AM has now started
13:56:56 [Zakim]
+Igarashi
13:56:59 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
13:56:59 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
13:57:00 [Zakim]
-Igarashi
13:57:00 [Zakim]
+Igarashi
13:57:00 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
13:57:14 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:57:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Igarashi, Kazuyuki
13:57:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see igarashi, Zakim, RRSAgent, kaz, francois, trackbot
13:59:14 [davidmays]
davidmays has joined #webtv
13:59:48 [Zakim]
+francois
13:59:56 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:59:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Igarashi, Kazuyuki, francois
13:59:57 [Zakim]
On IRC I see davidmays, igarashi, Zakim, RRSAgent, kaz, francois, trackbot
14:00:17 [aizu]
aizu has joined #webtv
14:00:37 [aizu]
hi kaz
14:00:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.356.aaaa
14:00:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.234.aabb
14:01:14 [Zakim]
+David_Mays
14:01:25 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is aabb is Jerry_Ezrol
14:01:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aaaa is aabb is Jerry_Ezrol', kaz
14:01:37 [kaz]
zakim, aabb is Jerry_Ezrol
14:01:37 [Zakim]
+Jerry_Ezrol; got it
14:01:39 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:01:51 [Zakim]
+Bob_Lund
14:01:54 [kaz]
zakim, ??P19 is Aizu
14:01:56 [Zakim]
+Aizu; got it
14:01:58 [francois]
zakim, aaaa is Richard_Bardini
14:02:03 [Zakim]
+Richard_Bardini; got it
14:02:17 [jcdufourd]
jcdufourd has joined #webtv
14:02:59 [rbardini]
rbardini has joined #webtv
14:03:17 [Zakim]
+??P26
14:03:29 [donghyun_kang]
donghyun_kang has joined #webtv
14:03:38 [jcdufourd]
zakim, ??P26 is jcdufourd
14:03:38 [Zakim]
+jcdufourd; got it
14:03:50 [Zakim]
+DongHyun_Kang
14:04:06 [kaz]
Present: Igarashi, Kazuyuki, francois, Richard_Bardini, Jerry_Ezrol, David_Mays, Aizu, Bob_Lund, jcdufourd, DongHyun_Kang
14:04:29 [donghyun_kang]
donghyun_kang has joined #webtv
14:04:33 [kaz]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2011Jun/0176.html
14:04:50 [Zakim]
+??P34
14:05:09 [kaz]
zakim, ??P34 is Stevens
14:05:09 [Zakim]
+Stevens; got it
14:05:31 [francois]
zakim, pick up a victim
14:05:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'pick up a victim', francois
14:05:37 [francois]
zakim, pick up a scribe
14:05:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'pick up a scribe', francois
14:05:42 [francois]
zakim, pick a scribe
14:05:42 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Stevens
14:06:04 [kaz]
zakim, Stevens is Clarke_Stevens
14:06:04 [Zakim]
+Clarke_Stevens; got it
14:06:14 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #webtv
14:06:17 [francois]
scribe: Clarke
14:06:28 [kaz]
zakim, aizu is Hiroyuki_Aizu
14:06:28 [Zakim]
+Hiroyuki_Aizu; got it
14:06:34 [Zakim]
+Mark_Vickers
14:06:46 [kaz]
zakim, Igarashi is Tatsuya_Igarashi
14:06:46 [Zakim]
+Tatsuya_Igarashi; got it
14:06:51 [kaz]
Present+ Mark_Vickers
14:06:56 [kaz]
Chair: Francois
14:06:59 [mav]
mav has joined #webtv
14:07:13 [Clarke]
Starting with migration issues
14:07:28 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-7 - Service Migration
14:07:30 [francois]
ISSUE-7?
14:07:30 [trackbot]
ISSUE-7 -- Use case: Service Migration -- open
14:07:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/7
14:07:35 [davidmays]
zakim davidmays is David_Mays
14:07:57 [davidmays]
zakim, davidmays is David_Mays
14:07:57 [Zakim]
+David_Mays; got it
14:08:03 [mav]
Mark Vickers just joined.
14:08:11 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/ServiceMigration Service Migration
14:08:47 [Clarke]
Proposal to close issue 7
14:08:56 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: accept and close ISSUE-7
14:09:16 [Clarke]
thx, kaz
14:09:56 [Clarke]
Resolution: accept and close issue-7
14:10:05 [francois]
close ISSUE-7
14:10:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-7 Use case: Service Migration closed
14:10:26 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-15, ISSUE-25 - Application push/pull Migration
14:10:33 [francois]
ISSUE-15?
14:10:33 [trackbot]
ISSUE-15 -- Document Migration -- raised
14:10:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/15
14:10:53 [francois]
ISSUE-25?
14:10:53 [trackbot]
ISSUE-25 -- Application Pull-Migration -- raised
14:10:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/25
14:11:23 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: accept and close ISSUE-15 and ISSUE-25
14:11:39 [kaz]
q+
14:12:04 [francois]
ack kaz
14:13:15 [kaz]
kaz: with their proposed titles?
14:13:18 [francois]
[two use cases: issue-15 is application push migration, issue-25 is application pull migration]
14:14:26 [Clarke]
accept and close ISSUE-15
14:14:44 [Clarke]
resolution: accept and close ISSUE-15
14:15:02 [Clarke]
resolution: accept and close ISSUE-25
14:15:16 [jcdufourd]
s/resolution:/RESOLUTION:/g
14:15:22 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-20
14:15:27 [francois]
[skip in Matt's absence
14:15:40 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-24 - Local Link of Web applications
14:15:44 [francois]
ISSUE-24?
14:15:44 [trackbot]
ISSUE-24 -- Local Link of web applications -- raised
14:15:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/24
14:15:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-minutes.html kaz
14:16:06 [mav_]
mav_ has joined #webtv
14:18:17 [Clarke]
RESOLUTION: accept and close ISSUE-15
14:20:40 [Clarke]
close ISSUE-15
14:20:40 [trackbot]
ISSUE-15 Document Migration closed
14:20:52 [Clarke]
close ISSUE-25
14:20:52 [trackbot]
ISSUE-25 Application Pull-Migration closed
14:21:04 [kaz]
-> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/LocalLink#Use_Case:_Local_Link_of_Web_Applications Wiki description on ISSUE-24
14:22:35 [kaz]
igarashi: the above Wiki page describes several possible use cases as well as user scenarios
14:23:34 [kaz]
... we need to have system analysis based on user scenarios
14:25:08 [kaz]
fd: yes. a use case and several user scenarios following that which describes the use case
14:25:17 [francois]
-> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/LocalLink Local Link
14:26:28 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:26:38 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: francois (4%), jcdufourd (75%)
14:27:04 [kaz]
fd: issue-16 has overlap with this issue-24
14:28:03 [kaz]
issue-16?
14:28:03 [trackbot]
ISSUE-16 -- Web and Device Interworking -- raised
14:28:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/16
14:28:15 [Zakim]
-Bob_Lund
14:28:24 [kaz]
fd: issue-16 has to be merged with issue-24
14:28:38 [kaz]
... it's "Web and Device Interworking"
14:29:03 [jcdufourd]
here is a quote from ISSUE-4 (accepted)
14:29:06 [jcdufourd]
an interface to get a list of discovered services; an interface to get the list of messages exposed by a discovered service; an interface to send a message to a discovered service; an interface to set a listener for messages from a discovered service.
14:29:23 [kaz]
... issue-16 is issue scenario rather than a use case
14:29:47 [kaz]
s/... issue-16/fd: issue-16/
14:29:52 [kaz]
issue-4?
14:29:52 [trackbot]
ISSUE-4 -- Use Case: Service User Interface -- closed
14:29:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/4
14:30:32 [kaz]
igarashi: existing proposed use cases could be categoraized into two categories
14:30:53 [kaz]
... generic ones and specific ones
14:31:21 [kaz]
... service specific ones and service agnostic(?) ones
14:31:33 [kaz]
s/service/i.e., service/
14:31:53 [kaz]
q+
14:32:43 [kaz]
fd: please clarify what this (issue-24) use case covers and what is not
14:33:21 [kaz]
igarashi: agree with Giuseppe that those user scenarios would be categorized into two
14:33:34 [francois]
[proposal would be to see is issue-24 is covered by other issues. If it is, next step could be to extract the user scenarios listed and list them as use cases, as they help precise requirements]
14:35:11 [francois]
igarashi: agree to create 3 issues based on user scenarios
14:35:41 [Clarke]
kaz: proposal to analyze if there is common system interaction between these use cases
14:38:23 [Clarke]
ACTION: jc to continue discussion on mailing list
14:38:23 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - jc
14:38:53 [Clarke]
ACTION: francois to continue discussion on mailing list
14:38:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-42 - Continue discussion on mailing list [on Fran├žois Daoust - due 2011-07-05].
14:39:08 [kaz]
s/ACTION: jc to continue discussion on mailing list//
14:39:45 [kaz]
s/continue discussion on mailing list/continue discussion about issue-24 on mailing list/
14:39:59 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-16 - Web and Device Interworking
14:40:02 [francois]
ISSUE-16?
14:40:02 [trackbot]
ISSUE-16 -- Web and Device Interworking -- raised
14:40:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/16
14:42:56 [francois]
[At the system interactions level, ISSUE-16 is covered by ISSUE-24]
14:43:03 [Clarke]
action: francois to also continue issue-16 on mailing list
14:43:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-43 - Also continue issue-16 on mailing list [on Fran├žois Daoust - due 2011-07-05].
14:43:07 [kaz]
s/agnostic(?)/agnostic/
14:46:05 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-19 - Media Identification
14:46:10 [francois]
ISSUE-19?
14:46:10 [trackbot]
ISSUE-19 -- Media Identification -- raised
14:46:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/19
14:46:18 [francois]
[propose to skip in Matt's absence]
14:47:42 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-21, ISSUE-22 - Time Synchronization
14:47:43 [Clarke]
francois: all remaining issues are from Matt and Russell who are not on the call today
14:48:29 [francois]
Topic: ISSUE-17 (and derived) - Home Network Enabled User-Agent
14:50:37 [francois]
ISSUE-17?
14:50:37 [trackbot]
ISSUE-17 -- Use Case: Home Network Enabled User-Agent -- raised
14:50:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/issues/17
14:50:43 [kaz]
q+
14:50:48 [francois]
[ISSUE-17 got split into ISSUE-26, 27, 28, 29, 30]
14:52:01 [francois]
fd: happy about the split.
14:52:09 [francois]
... any concerns here?
14:52:11 [francois]
ack kaz
14:52:27 [kaz]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:52:38 [francois]
clarke: I think those are important use cases. It goes with compatibility with existing devices that are out there.
14:52:40 [Zakim]
kaz, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tatsuya_Igarashi (4%), francois (55%), Clarke_Stevens (23%)
14:52:45 [francois]
... important objective of this group.
14:53:37 [francois]
jean-claude: discussed about the different levels, between the lower use cases already accepted, and higher use cases such as this one.
14:53:47 [igarashi]
igarashi has joined #webtv
14:54:01 [mav]
q+
14:54:04 [francois]
clarke: you're saying we need to cover the use cases but may not need a specific API for each of these use cases, is that right?
14:54:17 [francois]
jcd: yes.
14:55:13 [igarashi]
q+
14:55:17 [francois]
mark: just to clarify, use cases will be prioritized afterwards, right?
14:55:21 [francois]
francois: yes.
14:55:24 [francois]
ack mav
14:55:43 [kaz]
q?
14:55:45 [kaz]
ack iga
14:56:03 [francois]
igarashi: if we talk about low level APIs, user scenarios do not have much meaning.
14:56:20 [kaz]
s/francois: yes/francois+kaz:/
14:56:40 [kaz]
s/francois+kaz:/francois+kaz: yes/
14:56:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-minutes.html kaz
14:58:28 [francois]
francois: yes, precisely, but a low-level API is already a "possibly solution". At this stage, I think user scenarios are important to discuss and should be what compose the use cases and requirements.
15:00:26 [kaz]
igarashi: thinks prioritizing use cases is important to clarify what kind/level of APIs are needed
15:01:15 [Zakim]
-Jerry_Ezrol
15:01:16 [Clarke]
francois: please discuss on mailing list so we can just approve them next time
15:01:32 [Zakim]
-David_Mays.a
15:01:48 [Clarke]
francois: kaz to host calls next two weeks if needed
15:01:51 [Zakim]
-jcdufourd
15:01:54 [Zakim]
-Clarke_Stevens
15:01:58 [Zakim]
-francois
15:02:00 [Zakim]
-Tatsuya_Igarashi
15:02:03 [Zakim]
-Mark_Vickers
15:02:11 [Zakim]
-Hiroyuki_Aizu
15:02:13 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
15:02:26 [Zakim]
-Richard_Bardini
15:03:13 [Zakim]
-DongHyun_Kang
15:03:14 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG(Home Net)10:00AM has ended
15:03:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kazuyuki, francois, +1.408.356.aaaa, +1.703.234.aabb, David_Mays, Jerry_Ezrol, Bob_Lund, Richard_Bardini, jcdufourd, DongHyun_Kang, Clarke_Stevens, Hiroyuki_Aizu,
15:03:20 [Zakim]
... Mark_Vickers, Tatsuya_Igarashi
15:03:45 [davidmays]
davidmays has left #webtv
15:09:55 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:09:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-minutes.html francois
15:28:50 [francois]
ACTION: giuseppe to integrate ISSUE-7, ISSUE-15 and ISSUE-25 in use cases and requirements document
15:28:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-44 - Integrate ISSUE-7, ISSUE-15 and ISSUE-25 in use cases and requirements document [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2011-07-05].
15:32:23 [francois]
RRSAgent, bye
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-actions.rdf :
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jc to continue discussion on mailing list [1]
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-irc#T14-38-23
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: francois to continue discussion on mailing list [2]
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-irc#T14-38-53
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: francois to also continue issue-16 on mailing list [3]
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-irc#T14-43-03
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: giuseppe to integrate ISSUE-7, ISSUE-15 and ISSUE-25 in use cases and requirements document [4]
15:32:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/28-webtv-irc#T15-28-50
15:32:24 [francois]
zakim, bye
15:32:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webtv