See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 09 June 2011
<janina> ??P31 is Janina
<janina> ??P35 is Janina
<janina> ??P35 is Janina
<janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon
<janina> Chair: Janina_Sajka
<janina> agenda: this
<Leonie> scribe: Leonie
JS: We have people signed up to look at some parts of the HTML5 spec, but it would be useful to have people signed up to cover all of it. Ideally two people for each section.
<cyns> url for wiki?
JF: Janina, can you define what the expected outcomes are?
JS: I think were looking for technical issues in the spec that might create difficulties for a11y. Also editorial problems, but I wouldn't regard those at the same level as the technical.
MC: Section 1, structure... Cynthia will find someone at MS, need reviewers from Apple and Mozilla.
EC: James would be happy to review it.
CS: Haven't found anyone at MS.
MC: Section 2: Element and content models... Ask Gregory.
JS: Haven't been able to contact him.
MC: We need more people on this
... This section is about how elements work, and about global attributes.
JS: We'll come back to this.
CS: Could we put it on the agenda for the PF meeting?
JS: It was. *Smiles.
MC: Section 3ARIA... Have assigned this one to the ARIA sub team.
JS: Cynthia, you might have the freshest view.
CS: That's a good idea.
... How about Martin Kliem?
JS: We're not sure what time Martin has available now he's governor of the city.
MC: Section 4: Dynamic markup insertion... Cynthia has signed up for this.
JS: Need one more person.
MC: Cynthia, you're signed up for a lot...
CS: I'll go through my list.
<cyns> can someone put the url in here?
MC: Section 5: Head, document metadata... ...
JF: There was a discussion about metadata and dublin core a while ago, I'm wondering if that's in scope here or not?
MC: It's probably in scope,
although relevant to one particular piece of it.
... This isn't our highest priority section, but we do want to take a look. I'll put John down for now...
... Section 6: Scripting... Needs a cursory review...
LH: I can do that onee.
MC: Section 7: Block...
I can take a look at that.
MC: Section 8: Inline elements...
I can have a run at this one as well.
MC: Section 9: Image... Assign to the sub team?
JS: We should read through it for something else than what we've already covered in teh sub team.
JB: I think having someone else
take a fresh look would be good, but to co-ordinate with the
text sub group.
... Someone from the text group who isn't working on it already perhaps?
MC: Section 10: Embeds... There have been changes to iframe that need review in particular.
JS: Could this be something to ask Gez about?
MC: Can put him down with a
... Section 11: Media...
JS: I expect both John and I will
read it. We should ask Geoff to look at it as well I
... I can ask Markku.
JB: I'll be talking with Geoff later today as well.
MC: Section 12: Canvas... The canvas sub team are on this, anyone else?
JS: This is hard to take outside of that group.
SF: The stuff in the spec itself,
the HTML part, is not that great.
... There were changes to the canvas HTML spec (not the 2d spec) that I've asked to be reverted, so there's another fork happening there.
MC: Section 13: Imagemaps... Assuming this should be a light (ish) review, but it could not turn out that way.
SF: I'll look at that.
MC: Section 14: Math...
... For sure Neil ? and John Gardner.
... Section 15: SVG... Charles McCathieNevile and John Gardner.
Section 16: Tables...
CS: Did we suggest Gregory?
MC: He's not assigned on the wiki ATM. I think there was someone else interested in tables a couple of years back?
JS: That was Josh.
CS: Would he also be interested in the global attributes section?
LH: I don't mind looking at the tables section as well.
MC: Section 16: Forms... Cynthia signed up, needs careful review.
JS: Gregory was interested in
this area. It's of interest and we haven't looked at it
... Maybe Josh again?
MC: Will put him down.
... Section 17: Details...
SF: I'll look at those.
MC: Section 18: Pseudo elements, classes... Would like to reach out to Stefan...
JS: Can we reach out to Stefan this week?
<eric_carlson> can someone please remind me when these reviews need to be completed?
MC: Section 19: Links...
... I'll add myself to a couple of sections.
... Section 20: Landmarks...
I can try and take a look at that.
MC: Section 21: User agents... We wanted to co-ordinate with the user agent wg. They have their own wiki page.
JS: I think we have enough to cover of our own, so can leave it at that.
MC: Section 22: Offline... Asked Rich, Greg and ideally some AT developers.
JS: Rich probably has best contacts with ATs.
MC: Section 23:
Scripting...Cynthia was going to ask someone at MS, and we were
going to ask Gex
... Section 24: Focus/keyboard shortcuts...
JF: Chaarles MN is also interested in this are, could we ask him?
JB: If Gregory remains unavailable, I'd like to look at this section.
MC: Section 25: Content
... It's fairly technical, and also important.
JS: I think we need to look to our corporate members here.
JF: What about Matt May?
... If not him specifically, inside of Adobe there might be some interest.
MC: Section 26: Drag and drop...
JF: Everett Zufelt was interested...
JS: Not sure of his availability.
MC: We previously asked Gez for
... Section 27: Syntax... Cynthia was to co-ordinate with MS. We could use other implementors (Apple, Opera) to help.
JS: Also IBM perhaps.
MC: Will assign company names for
the moment then.
... Section 28: Rendering... One for the UAAG...
... We could put down the company names again.
JF: What about Google?
... Charles Chen, TV Raman, Naomi Black?
MC: Good point.
... Section 29: Obsolete features... Should be light weight...
JF: You can put me down for this one.
JS: Let me reiterate... Kepp an eye on this page from time to time.
JS: It's incredibly important,
this specification is going to define a lot in the coming
... Let's think of this in terms of finding the people we need to achieve the best outcome.
... Any questions?
JB: More a suggestion, to reemphasise the timeline for this review. So issues can be brought back, written up in good time before the deadline.
EC: Also a more detailed description of what we're hoping to find, posted on the wki, for people not on this telecon would be helpful.
JB: It might make sense to find out who could do their sections as early as possible.
JS: If we don't have to wait till
July to deal with some of this...
... If we could start looking/reviewing sooner and bring comments forward, that would be helpful.
... Put comments into the wiki if possible, or via email if that's problematic.
... The end of the process is 3rd August, so no later than mid July for our review. We can't handle everything at that point though, so we need to identify some earlier timelines.
JB: I'm wondering if there is anyone who is able to commit to bring in anything for next week or the week after?
CS: I can commit to finding people inside MS in that timeframe.
JB: Would like to kick around some times when the text sub group could talk... I'm guessing two/three one hour meetings.
JS: Currently myself and Cynthia. The minutes from the telcon a couple of weeks ago...
JB: Is there anyone on this call who wasn't on the previous discussions who would be interested in re-examining the process of the timeline?
JB: We could bring back a summary and that might prompt some questions.
<janina> scribe: janina
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Jeff/Geoff/ Succeeded: s/ask him/ask Markku/ Succeeded: s/CS: I'll be talking with him/JB: I'll be talking with Geoff/ Succeeded: s/Charles McCaffrey Neville/Charles McCathieNevile/ FAILED: s/kepp/keep/ Found Scribe: Leonie Inferring ScribeNick: Leonie Found Scribe: janina Inferring ScribeNick: janina Scribes: Leonie, janina ScribeNicks: Leonie, janina Default Present: Michael_Cooper, JF, Steve_Faulkner, Janina_Sajka, Léonie_Watson, +44.207.391.aaaa, Lynn_Holdsworth, paulc, +1.510.367.aabb Present: Michael_Cooper JF Steve_Faulkner Janina_Sajka Léonie_Watson +44.207.391.aaaa Lynn_Holdsworth paulc +1.510.367.aabb Regrets: Marco_Ranon Laura_Carlson Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Jun/0111.html Found Date: 09 Jun 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/06/09-html-a11y-minutes.html People with action items: WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]