Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference

13 Apr 2011


See also: IRC log


Shadi, Christophe, Philip, Kostas, Rui, CarlosV
Rui, Kostas



<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Apr/0019

Shadi: brief discussion & recap of last week's resolutions and the week's e-mail exchanges

[All] fix grammar and spelling issues

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011Apr/0004.html

Shadi: approving changes on grammar and spelling issues

<kostas> shadi did you check also my comments?

ER WG to glance through the documents once again

ETA until the end of the week

[EARL Schema] clarify the target audience

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues#audience

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/TR/EARL10/#audience

<shadi> "The assumed audience of this specification is developers who are implementing EARL in software or processes"

cstrobbe: discussion about the target audience

wording should be improved with regards to the target audience (developers) who are implementing EARL

to be further clarified on discussion on conformance issues

Shadi: broadening of target audience on conformance section (e.g., semantic web developers)

[All] Conformance and new EARL 1.0 Guide

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Apr/0020

Shadi: summary of discussions on conformance

there's consensus on moving the conformance section elsewhere, acceptance to move into EARL Guide

schemas will be just vocabulary definitions

EARL Guide to be renamed/refocused into EARL Guide for Developers

carlosV: I don't like the idea so much

CCPP has conformance information inside the spec

(further discussion ensues on vocabularies with conformance sections inside/outside schema definitions)

<shadi> scribe: kostas

if conformance will not be changed then what would be included in conformance for consumers...??

shadi: added value of semantic and syntax

i cannot hear carlosV

carlosV: with foaf and doap it will not be possible to customize 100% the serialization

shadi: will ask for comments

<carlosV> thanx, cs :-)

shadi: change the EARL guide 1.0 to developer Guide for EARL 1.0, and shortening some of the introductrory part

of the conformance section

add conformace reports and other staff to the report

<rui> +1

carlosV: the conformance from all sections?

shadi: yes all the conformace sections

<carlosV> +1 with reservations

... change EARL guide 1.0 to Developer Guide for EARL 1.0, shorten introductory contents, add conformance reports

shadi: will be happy to provide more details for the next meeting
... move the conformace from all the documents and add them to the EARL guide

<shadi> ACTION: shadi to provide an outline for the new "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-er-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-120 - Provide an outline for the new "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0" [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-04-20].

[HTTP-in-RDF] use of dct:identifier

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/issues#StatusCodeClass

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-HTTP-in-RDF10-20091029/#StatusCodeClass

<cstrobbe> List of status codes: http://www.iana.org/assignments/http-status-codes

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-HTTP-in-RDF10-20091029/#statusCodeNumberProperty

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-HTTP-in-RDF10-20091029/#ResponseClass

shadi: there is the statuscodeNumber should be included in the statuscode class?
... make the statuscodenumber a subproperty of dct:identifier?

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2010Jul/0000.html

shadi: david remahl suggested that because we are using dct title we could use dct identifier

in the example of david there is an error in the statuscodenumber (404) within the dct identifier (302)

<cstrobbe> http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/elements.shtml

<cstrobbe> http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/elements.shtml#identifier

shadi: another option is to use an integer
... maybe we could use integer instead of literal but shadi isn;t sure
... will send sth by email

Upcoming meeting schedule

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/timeline#meeting

shadi: within the next 3 weeks (next 3 meetings) we have to publish the documents
... until 4th of May we have to approve the draft

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: shadi to provide an outline for the new "Developer Guide for EARL 1.0" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/13-er-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/04/19 20:33:03 $