Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

23 Mar 2011


See also: IRC log


Yves, Davy, Thomas, Raphael, Philip_(irc)


<trackbot> Date: 23 March 2011

<scribe> scribe: Raphael

<scribe> scribenick: raphael


1. Admin

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon, http://www.w3.org/2011/03/16-mediafrag-minutes.html


<Yves> +1

<davy> +1

minutes accepted


<trackbot> ACTION-205 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to send the MF clarification text to the HTML mailinglist -- due 2010-12-15 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/205

<tomayac> +1


<trackbot> ACTION-215 -- Erik Mannens to poke people and encourage them to join the telecons -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/215

Davy ???

<tomayac> yeah, phone is dead

<tomayac> hearing now

<Yves> nobody can hear you raphae

<tomayac> raphaƫl muted again :-(

<tomayac> yes

2. HTML5 Bugs


<trackbot> ACTION-213 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to submit the proposed list of bugs to HTML5 -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/213

<scribe> ... pending?

3. WhatWG Liaison

Hixie sugestion: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0436.html

scribe: related to the MultiTrack API, and issue 152, http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
... the main questions for Philip: is there consensus for this proposal in the WG?

4. Test Cases

Davy: test cases for the spatial dimension have been added yesterday
... Philip has also proposed some nasty test cases, that will be added next week to the suite
... the unit tests are also based on Thomas test cases from his js implementation
... I'm considering also test cases for the track dimension
... regarding the automatic test cases framework, it should be ready by next week to test

<davy> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases

Davy: I encourage you to use Chrome because there is a lot of javascript

<davy> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases#TC0003-UA

Davy: each test case has its own URI
... this page is made for reviewing the test cases!
... the last column is the status from the group

<tomayac> the uris of the test cases are not exposed to the ui, are they?

Davy: we should review them and correct them if necessary
... good point, I will put those links in the HTML version from the first column
... it is also read only

<davy> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.rdf

Davy: generated from the rdf version

<davy> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/server-test-cases

Davy: another tool will enable to launch a test suite over a particular implementation, should be ready in 2 weeks from now

Raphael: summary, we have two large tables to review
... built from two rdf files

<tomayac> fsck, the connection seems too slow, raphael is almost ununderstandable

<tomayac> terminator voice? raphael has a terminator voice

Raphael: question is how should we proceed to review those 2 large tables ?

<tomayac> bandwidth...

Raphael: option 1: during a plenary telecon with _everybody_ (preferred by Yves)
... option 2: distributed among group members that report on them in a telecon

<tomayac> +1 for opt1

+1 for option 1

<tomayac> makes clarification easier in case of doubts

<tomayac> (redialing)

Raphael: next week is WWW conference, most likely will cancel the telecon
... wondering if we could review all test cases on April 6

Thomas: I will not be here

Raphael: excellent work Davy

5. Other ISSUES


<trackbot> ISSUE-21 -- Expressing complex regions with a reference in Media Fragments URI -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/21

Thomas: the use case makes sense
... I'm not sure if there is not security issue with their proposal

Yves: I tend to be against it, because this reference could break/conflict with existing dimensions

Davy: this reminds me of the whole discussion about extensibility
... can we answer this is considered for version 2 ?

<Yves> they can encode the SVG in EXI to make it small, then encode it

<Yves> but it would need an extension as exi is not utf-8

Thomas: perhaps we could come up with a subset of svg that narrows more the scope of the complex spatial fragment
... this would require to precisely specify which regions we want, 2D only?, circles, polygons

Raphael: tracking images over the time?

Thomas: CSS has animations, do they consider this?

Raphael: we could invite one representant of this use case in a upcoming telecon

<tomayac> hoping not to open a pandora box...

6. AOB

<tomayac> http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/mediafragments.html

Summary: we need to have a telecon for reviewing test cases, a telecon with Adisson for I18N, a telecon with Europeana for discussing ISSUE-21
... so we need MORE people MORE often

Raphael: for Safari bug, ping eric.carlson@apple.com and singer@apple.com

<tomayac> pardon my ignorance ;-)

No telecon next week because of the WWW conference

Next telecon is on April 6th

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/03/23 09:51:08 $