See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 23 March 2011
<scribe> scribe: Raphael
<scribe> scribenick: raphael
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon, http://www.w3.org/2011/03/16-mediafrag-minutes.html
<trackbot> ACTION-205 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to send the MF clarification text to the HTML mailinglist -- due 2010-12-15 -- CLOSED
<trackbot> ACTION-215 -- Erik Mannens to poke people and encourage them to join the telecons -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
<tomayac> yeah, phone is dead
<tomayac> hearing now
<Yves> nobody can hear you raphae
<tomayac> raphaël muted again :-(
<trackbot> ACTION-213 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to submit the proposed list of bugs to HTML5 -- due 2011-03-23 -- OPEN
<scribe> ... pending?
Hixie sugestion: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0436.html
scribe: related to the MultiTrack
API, and issue 152, http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
... the main questions for Philip: is there consensus for this proposal in the WG?
Davy: test cases for the spatial
dimension have been added yesterday
... Philip has also proposed some nasty test cases, that will be added next week to the suite
... the unit tests are also based on Thomas test cases from his js implementation
... I'm considering also test cases for the track dimension
... regarding the automatic test cases framework, it should be ready by next week to test
Davy: each test case has its own
... this page is made for reviewing the test cases!
... the last column is the status from the group
<tomayac> the uris of the test cases are not exposed to the ui, are they?
Davy: we should review them and
correct them if necessary
... good point, I will put those links in the HTML version from the first column
... it is also read only
Davy: generated from the rdf version
Davy: another tool will enable to launch a test suite over a particular implementation, should be ready in 2 weeks from now
Raphael: summary, we have two
large tables to review
... built from two rdf files
<tomayac> fsck, the connection seems too slow, raphael is almost ununderstandable
<tomayac> terminator voice? raphael has a terminator voice
Raphael: question is how should we proceed to review those 2 large tables ?
Raphael: option 1: during a
plenary telecon with _everybody_ (preferred by Yves)
... option 2: distributed among group members that report on them in a telecon
<tomayac> +1 for opt1
+1 for option 1
<tomayac> makes clarification easier in case of doubts
Raphael: next week is WWW
conference, most likely will cancel the telecon
... wondering if we could review all test cases on April 6
Thomas: I will not be here
Raphael: excellent work Davy
<trackbot> ISSUE-21 -- Expressing complex regions with a reference in Media Fragments URI -- open
Thomas: the use case makes
... I'm not sure if there is not security issue with their proposal
Yves: I tend to be against it, because this reference could break/conflict with existing dimensions
Davy: this reminds me of the
whole discussion about extensibility
... can we answer this is considered for version 2 ?
<Yves> they can encode the SVG in EXI to make it small, then encode it
<Yves> but it would need an extension as exi is not utf-8
Thomas: perhaps we could come up
with a subset of svg that narrows more the scope of the complex
... this would require to precisely specify which regions we want, 2D only?, circles, polygons
Raphael: tracking images over the time?
Thomas: CSS has animations, do they consider this?
Raphael: we could invite one representant of this use case in a upcoming telecon
<tomayac> hoping not to open a pandora box...
Summary: we need to have a
telecon for reviewing test cases, a telecon with Adisson for
I18N, a telecon with Europeana for discussing ISSUE-21
... so we need MORE people MORE often
Raphael: for Safari bug, ping firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
<tomayac> pardon my ignorance ;-)
No telecon next week because of the WWW conference
Next telecon is on April 6th