WebID Incubator Group Teleconference

07 Mar 2011

See also: IRC log


bblfish, PeterW, [IPcaller], +41.44.500.aaaa, reto, domel, melvster, jeffsayre, gburel, AlexPassant, gaedke, MacTed, yngve
Nathan Rixham


<trackbot> Date: 07 March 2011

<mike> Mike Jones on phone and irc

<MacTed> (I'll be late by voice, if I make it)

<melvster> me

<melvster> im the ip caller i think

<peterw> is the mike jones at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/users the mike jones of microsoft?

<bblfish> hi all

<mike> hi

<bblfish> who is scribing?

<mike> peterw, nope Mike Jones Manchester

<peterw> k thanks

I'll scribe if nobody else wants to

<scribe> ScribeNick: webr3

<scribe> Scribe: Nathan Rixham


<osacco> hi all

<jeffsayre> +1

<domel> +1

<melvster> +1

<bblfish> +1

<reto> +1

<gaedke> ok

<bblfish> those were answers to the question if we could pass both previous meetings as keeping

<bblfish> the http://www.w3.org/2011/02/07-webid-minutes.html

Agreed to last two reports

introduction of any new members

<mike> I'm new

bblfish: Mike Jones is new

<melvster> not the rapper i assume :)

<mike> :)

bblfish: mike works with bruno in manchester, bruno who was involved in foaf+ssl early days

mike: we had some early work on how we might be able to integrate foaf+ssl in to our existing technologies, and did some demonstrations
... we have a report coming soon about the process

bblfish: so you were using webid with saml, which the uni's in the UK use?

mike: we spotted a problem with some earlier projects that used different protocols, people had to be members of specific organizations
... webid let us decentralize that
... seeing how we can make dynamic organizations with webid, and try to apply to the grid space
... they already use certficate authentication to start with
... hence webid seemed a good fit

bblfish: look forward to reading the report, we're looking to see how it (WebID) can tie in with SAML

mike: word of caution to start with, we haven't delved in to the whole area of attributes in this respect
... we haven't followed though on the exciting potential of foaf and it's many attributes

bblfish: it's good to have somewhere to start and some experience
... thanks for the great introduction
... anybody else new?

MacTed: I'm from openlink virtuoso (quick intro)

bblfish: we need guidance on what to solve next (solve/focus on)

<melvster> SWAT0

MacTed: where things are at right now, so much has been in flux, for instance SWAT0 (thanks Melvin!), we need to nail things down in general to make progress

<alexpassant_> FYI - the FSW have a telco tomorrow

bblfish: I think federated social web is an important related group, you may want to keep tabs or join

Review of Meeting organisation

<bblfish> doodle http://doodle.com/ftz28bbt9quabyq8

<jeffsayre> http://www.w3c.org/2005/incubator/socialweb/

bblfish: reviewing doodle poll of who can join a f2f

<MacTed> I think this may be the correct URL -- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/federatedsocialweb/

bblfish: another possible date may be berlin, 3rd-5th june

<domel> +1 for Berlin

<bblfish> +1

<gaedke> +1

<alexpassant_> +1

<mike> *checks calendar*

<jeffsayre> MacTed: yes, I grabbed the wrong bookmark. :)

alexpassant_: I'll be there and can do the 2nd or 3rd because of semtech on 5th to 9th, some may be leaving on the 5th

bblfish: can we have another telecon next week?

<reto> I can from june 4th onwards

<alexpassant_> my only concern is that semtech starts on the 5th, so would be nice to have the WebID meeting on 3 or 2nd

<jeffsayre> Semtech 2011 June 5 -9

<alexpassant_> will you be to semtech jeffsayre ?

<jeffsayre> alexpassant_: Trying to clear a scheduling conflict so that I can attend.

bblfish: perhaps we can organize to meet in smaller groups, and double up with talking about webid at different conferences
... I am in london at start of april, if anybody wants to meet initially
... berlin meeting will be a good place too

<bblfish> action, bblfish to doodle berlin

<scribe> ACTION: bblfish to do a doodle for berlin [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-19 - Do a doodle for berlin [on Henry Story - due 2011-03-14].

Deliverables, Review Issue 42


look at open actions

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/open

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/9?

<bblfish> ACTION-9?

<trackbot> ACTION-9 -- Henry Story to explore test case options -- due 2011-02-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/9

<melvster> tobyink was i think

bblfish: found perl test cases weren't working

<bblfish> ACTION-11?

<trackbot> ACTION-11 -- Michael Hausenblas to propose F2F meeting -- due 2011-02-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/11

bblfish: toby isn't here unfortuantely, so we'll leave it open till next week

close action-11

<trackbot> ACTION-11 Propose F2F meeting closed

<gaedke> not completly

<gaedke> but will try

<bblfish> ACTION-13?

<trackbot> ACTION-13 -- Henry Story to check whether SIP is possible without telefone connection -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/13

<gaedke> with bria

<reto> will try too

bblfish: is anybody using sip yet?

gaedke: ~ish, using a gate so still paying

close action-13

<trackbot> ACTION-13 Check whether SIP is possible without telefone connection closed

<jeffsayre> I'm sipping tea. Does that count?

<bblfish> ACTION-14?

<trackbot> ACTION-14 -- Henry Story to add sequence diagram to spec via git -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/14

[discussion on mercurial and git and where to store things related to the group]

bblfish: we can clone and push and pull from many places to many places

<bblfish> here: http://bblfish.net/tmp/2011/02/23/index-respec.html

bblfish: I've added a UML sequence diagram to a working spec

close action-14

<trackbot> ACTION-14 Add sequence diagram to spec via git closed

bblfish: any views?

[nothing heard - not everyone has had a chance to review throughly, defer]

<jeffsayre> bblfish: How do we make suggestions, propose alterations to the spec? Is document group-editable?

<MacTed> changes to doc like this are hard to review when not presented side-by-side with highlights...

<jeffsayre> Okay, so mercurial would be best to see diffs.

bblfish: to make suggestions of spec change, you can propose text on the list, or fork and edit the spec in rvc

<bblfish> this is the readme http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/file/eea7b8afca21/spec/README

bblfish: perhaps we should improve readme and put a how to on the wiki

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/15?

<bblfish> ACTION-15?

<trackbot> ACTION-15 -- Reto Bachmann-Gmür to start Architecture document in hg -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/15

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/42

reto: I have started an architecture document skeleton to mercurial
... on w3c mercurial, getting pointer

<bblfish> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/file/eea7b8afca21/spec/architecture-respec.html


nathan: for dvcs you just click "raw" to see the raw spec (as in, in human readable html normal view)

bblfish: ok, good

close action-15

<trackbot> ACTION-15 Start Architecture document in hg closed

bblfish: reto has finished the starting :)

reto: hopefully everybody can start filling this out now

<bblfish> ACTION-18

close action-18

<trackbot> ACTION-18 Weekly Report: last two weekly reports, does something need to be done? closed


<trackbot> ACTION-17 -- Jeff Sayre to take a start at Cross reference SocialWeb XG stories with WebID XG. There will be a handful of intersections that make sense to further develop -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/17

jeffsayre: i have about 3 pages put together tryign to merge in socialweb xg stories
... question is, where should i put this work, wiki or?
... this is a question we need in general, if it's document where do we put them?

bblfish: mercurial for specs?

<MacTed> wiki is generally easier for non-dev types (like me ;-) )

<mike> ...and for newcomers like me

<reto> me

reto: if it's to be published documents, we should probably put them in dcvs

<alexpassant_> there's the first official telco tomorrow

<alexpassant_> not yet

<jeffsayre> webr3: :)

jeffsayre: I'll put on the wiki just now, and we can put in dcvs later if needed
... nathan is goign to write a magic sync the web thingy to sync wiki and dcvs

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl

nathan: mmmnghh

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Foaf%2Bssl/FAQ

<bblfish> action, webr3 to find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks

jeffsayre: can we see about extending the default action length of time?

<scribe> ACTION: nathan to find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-20 - Find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks [on Nathan Rixham - due 2011-03-14].

<jeffsayre> Okay, I'll send notice to the mailing list when I've uploaded to the wiki.

thanks jeff


<trackbot> ACTION-16 -- Henry Story to look into us joining Identity Commons -- due 2011-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/16

<bblfish> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-webid/2011Mar/0025.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-51 -- Spec sets wgPatentURI to document related to RDFa WG -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/51

<bblfish> +1

<bblfish> on the fix

bblfish.. can we accept changes proposed by stephane? http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-webid/2011Mar/0025.html


<domel> +1

RESOLUTION: accept changes stephane proposes in relation to issue-51 (rough consensus)

close issue-51

<trackbot> ISSUE-51 Spec sets wgPatentURI to document related to RDFa WG closed

<bblfish> ISSUE-36


<trackbot> ISSUE-36 -- Change reference to RFC2818 to the html version -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/36

<domel> -1

bblfish.. i prefer html to text, lets look at this next week

bblfish: another meeting enxt week, top of the our, a good social web telconf tomorrow, worth listening in

<bblfish> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: bblfish to do a doodle for berlin [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: nathan to find out how to set actions to be default of 2 weeks [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-minutes.html#action02]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/03/07 17:03:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/from/I'm from/
Succeeded: s/group may/date may/
Succeeded: s/3rd or 4th/2nd or 3rd because of semtech on 5th to 9th/
Succeeded: s/hopefulyl/hopefully/
Found ScribeNick: webr3
Found Scribe: Nathan Rixham
Default Present: bblfish, PeterW, [IPcaller], +41.44.500.aaaa, reto, domel, melvster, jeffsayre, gburel, AlexPassant, gaedke, MacTed, yngve
Present: bblfish PeterW [IPcaller] +41.44.500.aaaa reto domel melvster jeffsayre gburel AlexPassant gaedke MacTed yngve

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 07 Mar 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/03/07-webid-minutes.html
People with action items: bblfish nathan

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]