Face to Face Meetings/December 2010
The first meeting will be held December 14th and 15th in Atlanta, Georgia, USA co-hosted by Sony Ericsson and the Georgia Tech GVU Center.
Local Organizer: Alex Hill, Ph.D, Augmented Environments Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology
The meeting will be held between 9am and 5pm each day in room #125 of the Technology Square Research Building (TSRB). Coffee and donuts will be available beginning at 8:30am. Please sign in at the front desk and proceed through the doors immediately to the right. A map below shows how to get to the meeting room from the GT Hotel:
The nearest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL).
- Atlanta's airport is the world's busiest so while not close for some, travel will not be too onerous.
- Atlanta has an excellent train system and driving should not be necessary while at the meeting.
The MARTA train goes directly from the Airport to the two stops near the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center. It is about a 3 block walk northeast to the conference center from the North Avenue MARTA stop (10th stop). The map below shows how to get to the GT Hotel from the North Avenue MARTA Stop:
A room block has not been reserved but the GT Conference Center across from the GVU and the Hotel Palomar very nearby are offering reduced rates. One advantage of staying at the Palomar is the wine hour 5-6pm and more luxury. We will be asked to officially vacate our meeting space at 5pm each day but there are other meeting areas if necessary. Until further notice the GT Conference Center will be considered the primary option. Contact Alex Hill with any questions about the location.
- Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
- $119.00 King
- Wi-Fi included
- Located directly across the street from the meeting
- Ask for the "Georgia Tech Rate" or use "GOTECH" corporate rate online
- Hotel Palomar
- $139.00 Deluxe King
- Wi-Fi is free if you sign up for their rewards program at checkin
- Wine hour from 5pm-6pm
- Approximately 1 block east and 1 block north of the meeting
- GT Trolley stops in front and at the meeting destination
- Ask for the "Georgia Tech Rate" or click on the "Georgia Tech" link from their home page
On December 15th at 2:00pm there will be a visit to the Augmented Environments Laboratory (AEL) co-directed by Blair MacIntyre and Jay Bolter.
- Use_Cases Review
- Flesh out Core_Principles
- Begin Document drafting
- AR Landscape Document Review