W3C

HTML WG weekly telcon

11 Nov 2010

Agenda

See also: IRC log


<rubys> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010OctDec/0012.html

ACTION items due this week

ACTION-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-11-07 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29: Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

PLH is not present to comment.

ACTION-29 due in one week

<trackbot> ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring due date now in one week

New issues this week

ISSUE-141?

<trackbot> ISSUE-141 -- Allow definition lists to markup dialogue -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/141

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-141: Allow definition lists to markup dialogue - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Asks that the elements for definitions be also usable for dialogues.

Items closes last week

Issue-121?

<trackbot> ISSUE-121 -- Do not ignore HTTP caching rules -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/121

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-121: Do not ignore HTTP caching rules - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This issue was closed without prejudice since no change proposal was submitted by the deadline.

Items closing this week

Issue-125?

<trackbot> ISSUE-125 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/125

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-125: Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Change proposals are due Nov 13

Issue-126?

<trackbot> ISSUE-126 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to backslashes not needed for legacy content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/126

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-126: Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to backslashes not needed for legacy content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Change proposals are due Nov 13

<mjs> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

Julian: I intend to do a change proposal for -125 but maybe not -126.

Items closing next week

None

New calls this week

There are 7 new calls.

4 calls for new issues.

issue-130?

<trackbot> ISSUE-130 -- allow tables to be used for layout purposes -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/130

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-130: allow tables to be used for layout purposes - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-132?

<trackbot> ISSUE-132 -- Drop the color input type -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/132

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-132: Drop the color input type - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Change proposals for issue -130 and -132 are due Dec 10.

issue-133?

<trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-137?

<trackbot> ISSUE-137 -- Since Javascript does not support mode specifiers inside the regular expression, there is no simple way of matching a single word case-insensitively besides turning into [Ww][Oo][Rr][Dd] -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/137

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-137: Since Javascript does not support mode specifiers inside the regular expression, there is no simple way of matching a single word case-insensitively besides turning into [Ww][Oo][Rr][Dd] - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Change proposals for -133 and -137 are also due by Dec 10.

<scribe> Chair: Any questions on first four?

WG; No questions

Issue-124?

<trackbot> ISSUE-124 -- nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on <link> -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/124

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-124: nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

There was a call for counter proposals for -124 and this has caused immediate activity - eg. counter proposal and revision to the original proposal.

Julian: Do you have comments?
... The granularity for this proposal may be incorrect.
... There may be two separate issues here.
... Perhaps issue -124's target could be changed.

<scribe> Chair: Chairs will take this under advisement - either do two questions in the survey or split the original issue.

Julian: I will probably do two separate change propoals for -124 for the two parts.

issue-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Authors should be able to use <figure> where <img> can be used -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/128

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-128: Authors should be able to use where can be used - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

The Chairs have issued a call for interest in further proposals for -128 since we already have a proposal and counter-proposal.

This plan saves 3 weeks of time.

The response on -128 is due Nov 17.

ISSUE-27?

<trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27: @rel value ownership, registry consideration - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

There are new proposals as a result of the F2F discussion.

Therefore since there are a lot of proposals here the Chairs have issue a call for "expression of support for the existing proposals" by Nov 19.

Task Force reports

Testing Task force first?

Neither Kris or Philippe are here.

mjs: We had two sessions at the F2F.
... The F2F stepped thru the wiki instructions on how to create tests and mjs believes we improved them since new participants were able to submit new tests.
... It is not that difficult to create tests as evidenced by the F2F success of creating new tests.

Accessibility Task Force?

Janina: The A11Y sessions at TPAC made a lot of progress.
... We have some way to go on Canvas but made a lot of progress on Media.
... ARIA integration should be done soon as well.
... Concerns are that Canvas could be used as a UI and this needs to be made accessible.
... The Canvas sub-team is going to start meeting weekly.
... ARIA sub-team should be done next week.
... Frank O stepped the F2F thru all the Media User Requirements and the meeting discovered that most were User Agent requirements.
... There were only 11 requirements on the main HTML5 spec itself.
... Many of the requirements are on the captioning format.
... Media task force will be looking at TTML and WebSRT next week in a longer session - 3.5 hours!
... The TPAC has given the work quite a boost.

No questions.

Other busines

None.

Scribe and chair for next meeting

Paul C will chair.

Any volunteers to scribe.

MJS volunteers to scribe.

Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at :26 mins after the hour.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cyns to update change proposal for bug 10448 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Eliot to indicate that old editors' draft of canvas is out-dated and reference new one [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action17]
[NEW] ACTION: frank to file a bug about arriving at spec text that speaks to complexities of how DOM elements behave in the shadowl DOM beneath the canvas [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Frank to provide mapping from media accessibility requirements doc to spec changes or guidelines for UAs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Frank_Olivier to provide mapping from media accessibility requirements doc to spec changes or guidelines for UAs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: frankolivier to provide mapping from media accessibility requirements doc to spec changes or guidelines for UAs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Gregory - propose replacement example for lady of shallot example of purely decorative use of image with code example of one of the use cases provided in prose introducing the example [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: gregory to draft a change proposal to issue 31 to update the definition of img element [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: janina To: Janina to ask Laura to combine working from proposal items 2 and 4 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: paulc and co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: rich to file a bug about accessible rich text editing with canvas [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: Rich to file defects for features necessary for focus ring and magnification [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: rich to update change proposal re bu 10449 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: steve to updage change proposal for bug 10594 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action13]
[NEW] ACTION: steve to updage change proposal on bug 10592 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action12]
[NEW] ACTION: steve to update change proposal for bug 10481 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: steve to update change proposal for bugs 10444 and 10462 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg-minutes.html#action10]
 
[End of minutes]