SVG Working Group Teleconference

26 Oct 2010

See also: IRC log


ed, [IPcaller], heycam, anthony, adrianba, Shepazu


<trackbot> Date: 26 October 2010

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/full_implementation_query.xml

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/full_implementation_query.xml

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/full_implementation_query.xml

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/full_implementation_query.xml.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4&f=h

<ed> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Tpac2010_Agenda

<scribe> Scribe: Cameron

<scribe> ScribeNick: heycam


CM: should we go back to one telcon per week?

Others: sounds like a good idea to try [paraphrasing]

So Erik and I will resume alternating chairing.

Implementation query

ED: it was out of date until a moment ago

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/status/full_implementation_query.xml

AG: it obviously didn't get the right file

ED: and it still lists some of the revision numbers as unknown and that needs to be fixed

<scribe> ACTION: Anthony to fix the revision numbers in the implementation query file [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/26-svg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2886 - Fix the revision numbers in the implementation query file [on Anthony Grasso - due 2010-11-02].

ED: one of the problems might be the svgz file
... the other thing with the test suite was that i also committed a new harness that only lists the accepted tests

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/harness/htmlObjectMiniApproved/

AG: we can start using the harness for the implementation report

ED: right, make it easier to go through them and fill out the xml file

CM: when should we start filling out the implementation report?

ED: we can do it for all of the entries in that file at the moment
... the unknown revisions be fixed easily
... it'd be nice if those were up to date fairly quickly

CM: adrian do you know what patrick wanted to talk about wrt the test suite?

AB: no
... it might be to do with whether the categorisation of the tests are sensible, given that some of the tests include a bunch of different aspects of svg
... and maybe failing one of the tests because of one of those things, that might not be one of the primary things the test is testing for, going by the name

DS: it comes back down to the idea of having more modular tests, so that when it looks like -- when you do implementation reports, having it clear that implementations are more or less mature based on the modules, rather than on the number of tests passed

AB: i think so, i don't want to speak too much for patrick, i think that was the gist of it
... it might not necessarily be modularising the tests more, just the way that they're organised, so taht when you have the implementation report it's clear wheteher you have good interop
... that might be masked
... customers want to be able to look at the implementation report, figure out the level of maturity of the things they can rely on

CM: we haven't had guidelines for testing strategies, so we can discuss whether we want tests to really focus on single features

ED: sounds like a good tpac topic

AB: not asking for a load of new work, possibly more as we start to think about the future, so having this as a tpac topic sounds like a good idea

DS: the test suite is testing the spec, not the implementations, it's a subtle point. that's the original purpose.
... that's something we can reexamine w3c wide, to see if that's the best for the community

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Anthony to fix the revision numbers in the implementation query file [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/26-svg-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/10/26 20:35:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/matury/maturity/
Succeeded: s/strategies/strategies, so we can discuss whether we want tests to really focus on single features/
Found Scribe: Cameron
Found ScribeNick: heycam
Default Present: ed, [IPcaller], heycam, anthony, adrianba, Shepazu
Present: ed [IPcaller] heycam anthony adrianba Shepazu

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 26 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/26-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: anthony

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]