HTML-A11Y telecon

21 Oct 2010


See also: IRC log


John_Foliot, Janina, Gregory_Rosmaita, Eric_Carlson, Michael_Cooper, Everett_Zufelt, jongund, kliehm, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly, Mike
Laura_Carlson, Joshue_O'Connor, Sylvia_Pfieffer, Denis_Boudreau, Kenny_Johar


<MikeSmith> janina, judy - OK, I have it reverted now

<janina> agenda: this


no worries

<oedipus> scribe: Marco_Ranon

<oedipus> scribenick: Marco_Ranon

Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open

MC: all action are complete

clarify proper handling of ARIA issues vs. ARIA-in-HTML mapping

JS: deadline for ARIA. not strictly HTML matter but there is the mapping to HTML5
... if anybody want to raise questions, bear in mind that the mapping is a separate process
... if somebody is looking at ARIA, be aware that there is a deadline coming in a week time

MS: did we decide what process should be followed?

<MichaelC> ARIA comment instructions

<oedipus> public-pfwg-comments@w3.org

<oedipus> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments

MS: for clarity, comments about ARIA specs for semantic, etc, go to the PF, using the form (currently down)
... issues related to use of ARIA attributes in HTML, should go through the HTML bug reporting procedure

<oedipus> HTML WG bugzilla entry form: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG

<kliehm> List of HTML5 ARIA bugs: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=aria

Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; Media; Canvas; ARIA Mappings

<oedipus> minutes of 2010-10-19 bug triage team meeting: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0519.html

MK: Bug Triage, we checked a number of bugs adding the a11ytf keyword
... at TPAC we should decide what to do next and how to proceed next

I'll be there

<oedipus> GJR will be there virtually

MR, MK, MC will be at TPAC

JF: Media, met yesterday after three weeks

<oedipus> media sub-team telecon minutes from 20 October 2010: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0539.html

JF: concern about integration of media text in HTML specs

<oedipus> media: spec text additions update from janina: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0524.html

JS: we need to file bugs regarding reference to WebSRT
... we are looking at timestamp format and multiple tracks

JF: WebSRT is currently into the draft so we can file bugs

<oedipus> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#timed-tracks-0

<oedipus> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#websrt-cue-text-rendering-rules

MS: Canvas, skip because Richard is not on

<oedipus> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#applying-css-properties-to-websrt-node-objects

MS: ARIA mapping, already discussed, nothing to add

<JF> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/

<oedipus> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/results

JF: poll for canvas expires today

<oedipus> table summary poll: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/ closes today

<oedipus> table summary poll: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-32-objection-poll/results

MS: not many responses
... anybody that hasn't responded yet, please take your time to respond to the poll if you have anything you want to say about canvas

<oedipus> frankoliver, could you please review and respond to http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issues-74-and-105-objection-poll/

<frankolivier> will do

<oedipus> thanks

CS: please ask directly to who could be interested to answer, to do so

next meetings, confirm date/time, choose scribe

MS: both canvas and table summary
... meeitng next wekk?

<oedipus> MikeSmith, when is the publishing TPAC moritorium in effect?

<MikeSmith> oedipus, can't remember for sure

<MikeSmith> will check right now

JS: we should meet, even if we are close to TPAC

JF: would like to participate virtually.

MS: we can discuss it formally next week


CS: call for help for mapping work

New Business

JF: what kind of help

CS: HTML: check the document and make suggestions
... ARIA mapping: go through issues raised on the document

CS to send links to documents

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/10/21 15:37:06 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/AIRA/ARIA/
Succeeded: s/expirtes/expires/
Found Scribe: Marco_Ranon
Found ScribeNick: Marco_Ranon
Default Present: John_Foliot, Janina, Gregory_Rosmaita, Eric_Carlson, Michael_Cooper, Everett_Zufelt, jongund, kliehm, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly, Mike
Present: John_Foliot Janina Gregory_Rosmaita Eric_Carlson Michael_Cooper Everett_Zufelt jongund kliehm Marco_Ranon Cynthia_Shelly Mike
Regrets: Laura_Carlson Joshue_O'Connor Sylvia_Pfieffer Denis_Boudreau Kenny_Johar
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Oct/0546.html
Got date from IRC log name: 21 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/21-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]