Provenance Incubator Group Teleconference

15 Oct 2010

See also: IRC log




<trackbot> Date: 15 October 2010

<Luc> i can do it if apprpriate

<YolandaGil> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/BibBase_Collection

<DGarijo> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/BibBase_Collection

Daniel: Bibliography divided accoding to the three scenarios

<Paolo> Daniel I see lots of python problems

<pgroth> we can do it through the mailing list

<pgroth> as well, have a look at least

<Paolo> this is just a bib file it can be so easily duplicated as long as there is a master copy under control

<Paolo> I don't think that's the way to do it

<DGarijo> yes

<DGarijo> why?

<Paolo> because Mendeley should be the master source

<Paolo> the bib should be autogenerated from there

<Paolo> so that people can keep adding entries on their own

<Paolo> are we dumping Mendeley altogether then?

<YolandaGil> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Final_Report_Draft

Yolanda: discussion on the final report

<Paolo> oh well. topic closed I guess

<DGarijo> Paolo, I got the Mendeley tag and I curated it.

<DGarijo> I tried to use the Mendeley .bib file

<DGarijo> but it generate parsing errors

<DGarijo> when used with bibbase

<Paolo> we never really made the decision to drop Mendeley -- it's useful in other ways

<Paolo> anyway -- Yolanda is not tuned in so never mind

<DGarijo> ok, maybe we can discuss it offline?

<Paolo> yesh no worries

<DGarijo> ok

Yolanda: discussion on first section of report: definition of provenance

<JimM> I'm happy to help somewhere...

<pgroth> Luc says he'll do the "What is provenance section"

Luc to work on first section of the final report

<pgroth> I'm up for this section

Yolanda: discussion on second section of the report "Importance of provenance"

Paulo to work on second section of the final report

Yolanda: discussion on the third section of the report

<pgroth> +q

Paul, Paolo, Satya to work on third section of the report

Yolanda: discussion on fourth section of the report "Summary of state of the art and gaps"

<Jose_> I can give a hand anywhere but have no bandwidth to lead it

Jose to work on the fourth section of the final report

James and Paul also to contribute to the fourth section of the final report

<YolandaGil> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Presentations_on_State_of_the_Art

<Jose_> +1 to emphasize role of gap analysis

Yolanda: discussion on the "Roadmap" section of the final report

<DGarijo> if you need help, I would like to contriubute too, Satya, Sam

Sam, James, Daniel, and Satya to work on the "Roadmap" section

<pgroth> this is recommendation #6

<pgroth> by the way

provenir: transformation_of – This property is similar to the ro:transformation_of property that is asserted between two entities that preserve their identity between the two transformation stages. For example, an cancer cell is a provenir:transformation_of a normal cell.

Simon to also contribute to "Roadmap" section

Yolanda: discussion on the "Recommendations" section of the report
... "Recommendation" section of the final report can be used to propose W3C for the creation of a Provenance Working Group

<jcheney> would it be ok to put proposed charter be put on the wiki (as a draft) so that it can be discussed publicly (along with alternatives)?

<Luc> http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/lavm/draft-charter.html

<Luc> we thought it was not appropriate to put it on the wiki, since it is a draft, not supported by the group.

<Luc> an the wiki will persist beyond the incubator lifetime

Yolanda: discussion on the charter for the working group proposed by Luc and Paul

<Luc> Paulo, you seem to have forgotten OPMV for the serialization, which was designed by a non-opm author and users

<pgroth> jose: discussing that opm can be used as a good starting point

<pgroth> jimmyers: it's a good starting point because it originates from a similar process

<pgroth> jcheney: not strongly one way or another

<pgroth> jcheney: opm a good starting, pml could be as well

<pgroth> jcheney: how do we make this rigouris

<pgroth> jcheney: are there standard mappings between these data models

<pgroth> jcheney: people claim that these mappings cannot be done

<pgroth> jcheney: what would be the bullet point about the formal semantics

Agree with James - so using RIF in terms of provenance exchange format as template for the charter will be good

<pgroth> yolanda: concrete feedback is helpful

Yolanda: discussion on charter to continue next week

<pgroth> trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/10/15 16:21:30 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: ssahoo2
Inferring Scribes: ssahoo2

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: DGarijo Daniel JimM Jose_ Luc Paolo Paulo YolandaGil jcheney jimmyers joined jose pgroth prov-xg provenir trackbot yolanda
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 15 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/15-prov-xg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]