W3C

HTML Weekly Teleconference

07 Oct 2010

Agenda

Attendees

Present
Radhika_Roy, Norm, Sam, Julian, adrianba, Mike, Michael_Cooper, Maciej, Cynthia_Shelly, Janina_Sajka
Regrets
Gregory_Rosmaita
Chair
Maciej Stachowiak
Scribe
rubys

Contents


1. ACTION items due by Thursday, October 7

action-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-10-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

<pimpbot> Title: Input for Agenda Planning for the HTML Weekly - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: plh is not here... the W3C mgmt is still looking into this, and contemplating a change in direction

ACTION-29 due in one month

<trackbot> ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring due date now in one month

action-187?

<trackbot> ACTION-187 -- Maciej Stachowiak to inform the group that no comments on issue-9 requirements means they will be accepted -- due 2010-09-30 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/187

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-187 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: I've not completed that action yet

ACTION-187 due in 1 week

<trackbot> ACTION-187 Inform the group that no comments on issue-9 requirements means they will be accepted due date now in 1 week

ACTION-188?

<trackbot> ACTION-188 -- Sam Ruby to assign a member of the HTML WG to follow up on link-relations registry requests -- due 2010-10-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/188

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-188 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

http://www.w3.org/mid/20101006145830.GD81427%2540sideshowbarker

<pimpbot> Title: volunteer needed to raise new HTML5 spec bug proposing general link-relations spec change [was: ACTION-188 (was: ACTION-185 (register link relations))] from Michael(tm) Smith on 2010-10-06 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at www.w3.org)

<Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to comment

mike: i've unvolunteered as in the past when I have entered bugs for others and then when questions come up a few weeks later I don't remember what the original concern was
... mnot's feedback makes sense and should be addressed
... I would hope that we can find somebody to step forward

mjs: I note that the people most interested in getting IANA registry are those that are designated experts; that does not prevent them from filing bugs against the HTML5 spec

New Issues This Week

mjs: issues-125, 126, and 127 were mentioned last week

http://www.w3.org/2010/09/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item02

<pimpbot> Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 30 Sep 2010 (at www.w3.org)

issue-125?

<trackbot> ISSUE-125 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/125

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-125 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-126?

<trackbot> ISSUE-126 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to backslashes not needed for legacy content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/126

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-126 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-127?

<trackbot> ISSUE-127 -- Simplify characterization of link types -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/127

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-127 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Authors should be able to use <figure> where <img> can be used -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/128

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-128 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: Issue 128 is being discussed on the mailing list

Items Closed Last Week

mjs: skipping over

Items Closing This week

issue-41?

<trackbot> ISSUE-41 -- Decentralized extensibility -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-41 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: survey closes today

issue-92?

<trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous material, and provide cleaner description -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: survey closed yesterday
... issue-103 was inadvertently added to the agenda
... issue 74 and 105 will be covered in discussion topics

New Surveys this week

issue-89?

<trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without dedicated Elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-89-objection-poll/

New Calls this week

mjs: two new calls for proposals

issue-125?

<trackbot> ISSUE-125 -- Requirement to break RFC 2616 compliance with respect to single quotes not needed for legacy content -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/125

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-125 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Authors should be able to use <figure> where <img> can be used -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/128

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-128 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: actual issue was issue-124

issue-124?

<trackbot> ISSUE-124 -- nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on <link> -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/124

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-124 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Pending Heartbeat publications

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0058.html

<pimpbot> Title: Heartbeat draft update, and request to editors from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-10-06 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: we have asked to make bugzilla the primary means to enter comments

janina: will the media spec request be in the heartbeat?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0301.html

<pimpbot> Title: Requesting Spec Text Additions from Janina Sajka on 2010-09-27 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: they are not in yet, but there still is an opportunity. If they don't make it, they will land shortly after.

Issue updates

issue-85?

<trackbot> ISSUE-85 -- ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/85

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-85 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066

<pimpbot> 1110066: faulkner.steve, P1, NEW, 13replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided (ARIA)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0225.html

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-21 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

scribe notes that the above link is incorrect...

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0054.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: ARIA mapping status from Steven Faulkner on 2010-10-05 (public-html@w3.org from October 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<pimpbot> Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 07 Oct 2010 (at www.w3.org)

mjs: likely just one issue will be raised to cover a number of differences

cynthia: I think that there are a number of other bugs pending

mjs: at the moment, I see 4 bugs, 3 new, 1 reopened

cynthia: very much a work in progress

issue-9?

<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

user: requirements http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Aug/0365.html

<pimpbot> Title: {Announcement} Media accessibility user requirements overview, Thu Sep 2 from Paul Cotton on 2010-08-31 (public-html@w3.org from August 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: at this point, we are ready to go with this, so if you have any comments now would be a good time to speak up

janina: this document has been reviewed with a number of groups, and expect comments and changes within a week
... I will post to both the public-html list and the a11y list

mjs: if you have particular people in mind that you want to seek comments from, please approach them directly

janina: mozilla popcorn libraries are good examples of ancillary content

Requested Spec Additions http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0301.html

<pimpbot> Title: Requesting Spec Text Additions from Janina Sajka on 2010-09-27 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: this concerns two sections which previously were removed upon request, and continued to evolve at the WHATWG.
... there is now general agreement to bring them back as starting points for discussion
... there is also one new section, which is currently expressed in a way that is dependent on WEBSRT, generalizing this is pending

janina: the request is to bring these sections back into the W3C doc in a tech agnostic manner, and to compare that against the requirements

<pimpbot> planet: Web DOM Core <11http://annevankesteren.nl/2010/10/domcore>

janina: the expectation is that there will be gaps, and the plan is to first identify the gaps and then identify means to fill those gaps

mjs: ISSUE-74, ISSUE-105: any comments on survey plan?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0225.html

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-21 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: a number of change proposals have been entered, some of which relate to others BEING adopted or NOT being adopted.
... we need to find a way to produce a survey which is not confusing
... we have heard feed back of people who are unhappy with this approach
... we need feedback on the mailing list
... if we don't hear specific feedback soon, we likely will proceed with what has been described...

janina: we reached clarify in the task force on the view on the questions

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0225.html

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility and ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-09-21 (public-html@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

janina: the first question has gone back to the drawing board, it doesn't appear to be ready
... no problems with 2, 3, or 5
... question 4 would be better clarified or stated as a counter-proposal

mjs: what I am hearing is that the TF is ready to proceed on boolean nonav and usemap, but would like to have more time to work on focus, caret, and <missed this>.

cynthia: I also think we are ready on shadow-dom

janina: I will take this to the mailing list

Other business

mjs: any other topics?

Scribe for next meeting

mjs: adrian volunteers... thanks adrian!

Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/10/07 16:49:47 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: rubys
Inferring Scribes: rubys
Present: Radhika_Roy Norm Sam Julian adrianba Mike Michael_Cooper Maciej Cynthia_Shelly Janina_Sajka
Regrets: Gregory_Rosmaita
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010OctDec/0000.html
Found Date: 07 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/07-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]