See also: IRC log
<shepazu> hi, tmichel, I've sent in my responses, and I can join the MAWG telcon today (in a few minutes, right?)
<scribe> scribenick: wbailer
schedules for oct. 12
<tmichel> Hello Doug
<tmichel> no one from the API team ...
<tmichel> too bad we had Doug today ...
doug: make sure to look at right
... previous comment still holds for the current version
... don't think that browser vendors will implement all the 32 interfaces in the spec
<tmichel> LC comment from Doug
doug: approach is very java-like,
very verbose, strongly typed
... same solution as proposed at last tpac an even before group started: only 1 or 2 methods only for getting metadata
... generic methods instead of typed interfaces
<tmichel> should have only one ot two methods allowing to get the metadata generecly
doug: there is generic getProperty, but different interfaces for return types
<tmichel> doug: what is the goal of all these interfaces ?
<tmichel> Doug: I was confused, with earlier draft. But now it seems fine.
doug: specific return types are
... to get data in a generic way will not work with strongly typed return types
... could be name value pairs
... should not be described as interfaces
... generic json style object should be the goal
... dicussion on filtering results at last tpac
... eg getting all titles, filter for subtitles, episode titles etc
... or filter for certain format
... not sure how to do that with a generic array
... document states its for both client and server side use
... not clear how it could be used on a server
joakim: api exposed as web service, to be called from client
doug: shared ontology is
... not sure if designing for both client and server is good approach
... focus on client
... metadata for media file can be remote
... important to clarify what is meant by the interfaces
... should clarify that people are not expected to implemented multiple different interfaces
joakim: there are 3 questions:
1. what is meant by interfaces
2. less strong typing of return types
3. filtering results by subproperties
doug: if you do not talk about
interfaces, the question of whether all need to be implemented
... if application supports ontology, it should be possible to retrieve all the values
... are there properties that there are more problematic than others?
joakim: here is an example for
title in 220.127.116.11
... returning a specific subtype of title
doug: json format as return
format would make things easier to understand
... need to look more closely to this
joakim: could you propose an example?
doug: json looks ok, but maybe
not with a more complex example
... makes more sense to have a json style repsonse format
... plan to talk to Cameron McCormack about whether is the correct use of webidl for this purpose
... scenario: mp3 with album title, song title, annotations in id3
... plus annotations in xmp with the 2 titles
... expect to get 4 titles, 2 from id3, 2 from xmp
... expect to be able to filter to just get the xmp
... in addition, get creation date of metadata and author of metadata
... using same set of properties for meta-metadata seems to be solution
needs to be described in the document
doug: each piece has to contain
where it comes from
... either on the high-level structure or as a nested structure
... on high-level, it would be useful to all titles and authors
... but to filter by annotation, and not go down to specific properties and then filter
... meta-metadata should be part of return data
... rather than overloading getProperty, return values first and filter results
... append filters to narrow results
<joakim> I was thrown out from zakim
doug: will draw up a few scenarios, and put together what I expect the api to return
joakim: people at sony ericsson were interested in having provenance of metadata
doug: would like to talk to
browser vendors more deeply, not sure if possible in time
... currently not sure that all common use case are covered by the api
... will draw up scenario and wg to decide whether its covered by the spec
thierry: set up specific telecon
with api doc editors and doug at a time more convenient for
... possible time tuesday 13:00 utc (15:00 cest)
joakim: anything urgent about LC status?
thierry: thought about scheduling
2nd LC, in order to manage before tpac
... seems very difficult to achieve
... goal should be to finalise docs a tpac
<daniel> I think we may can not catch up the proposed schedule. There are still so many open issues...
thierry: to avoid 3rd LC
... before tpac we should have a good idea what has already implemented from lc comments
... some commenters want to see editors draft
<tmichel> LC Comments
<tmichel> Agreed: Commenter approved disposition
<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2389 on Media Ontology spec
<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2403 on Media Ontology spec
<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2404 on Media Ontology spec
<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2410 on Media API spec Jo Rabin
<tmichel> On going:
<tmichel> * LC Comment -2394 on Media API spec (timeless :need to read more-travelling)
<tmichel> ** LC Comment -2419 on Media API spec (need to respond to unsolved issues)
<tmichel> ** LC Comment -2418 on Media Ontology spec (need to respond to 3 unsolved issues) see to do
<tmichel> * LC Comment -2393 on Media Ontology spec (deasagree for speex or VP8 and codec)
<tmichel> * LC Comment -2395 on Media API spec(deasagree for speex or VP8 and codec)
<tmichel> * LC Comment -2394 on Media API spec (Doug)
<tmichel> Doug kind of agree ... should make this statement more clear.
<tmichel> LC Comment -2405 on Media Ontology spec (Doug)
<tmichel> satisfied by our response but would like to see it in the spec.
<tmichel> Confused by your solution around the "ma" prefix, and would like to
<tmichel> see it in writing.
thierry: we have comments with disagreement for commenters
<tmichel> No response yet:
<tmichel> LC Comment -2398 on Media Ontology spec (jose)
<tmichel> LC Comment -2411 on Media Ontology spec (Karen)
<tmichel> LC Comment -2414 on Media Ontology spec (Pling)
thierry: shall we ask person who drafted original repsonse to look into this?
<scribe> ACTION: chris to respond to unsolved issues of lc 2419 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-318 - Respond to unsolved issues of lc 2419 [on Chris Poppe - due 2010-10-12].
<scribe> ACTION: thierry to draft repsonse to open issues in lc 2395 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-319 - Draft repsonse to open issues in lc 2395 [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-10-12].
<scribe> ACTION: veronique to draft response for open issues in lc 2418 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - veronique
<scribe> ACTION: thierry to draft repsonse for open issues in lc 2392 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-321 - Draft repsonse for open issues in lc 2392 [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-10-12].
veronique: update of 2405 needs
to be done after syntax update
... also update on normative/non-normative is required (action in joakim)
joakim: next week normal telecon, then api telecom
<scribe> ACTION: joakim to send mail to api doc editors to attend call next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-322 - Send mail to api doc editors to attend call next week [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-10-12].
<scribe> ACTION: thierry to book telecon bridge for api call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-323 - Book telecon bridge for api call [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-10-12].
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found ScribeNick: wbailer Inferring Scribes: wbailer WARNING: Dash separator lines found. If you intended them to mark the start of a new topic, you need the -dashTopics option. For example: <Philippe> --- <Philippe> Review of Action Items Default Present: Doug_Schepers, joakim, wbailer, +1.201.807.aaaa, +39.538.5.aabb, vero Present: doug thierry joakim werner daniel (irc) veronique Regrets: florian felix wonsuk raphael Got date from IRC log name: 05 Oct 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/05-mediaann-minutes.html People with action items: chris joakim thierry veronique[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]