28 Sep 2010


See also: IRC log


daniel, fsasaki, pchampin, tmichel, vero, wonsuk
tobias, florian, chris, john


<scribe> scribe: Felix

Minutes review


RESOLUTION: minutes approved

action items



<trackbot> ACTION-189 -- Tobias Bürger to postponed: Work on the the subproperties -- due 2010-12-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/189

<tmichel> Vero, you are dialing the wrong FR number please try +

tobias not here


<trackbot> ACTION-214 -- WonSuk Lee to request review from MXM during last working draft call -- due 2010-03-02 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/214

wonsuk: implemented, did not receive a comment from MXM

daniel: keep the action until we get a response from MSM


<trackbot> ACTION-223 -- Soohong Daniel Park to check for overlap between html5 and mawg issues -- due 2010-03-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/223

Daniel: keep open


<trackbot> ACTION-234 -- Joakim Söderberg to contact Google -- due 2010-05-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/234

Daniel: keep open


<trackbot> ACTION-264 -- Florian Stegmaier to edit the spec with the 3 changes proposed above. -- due 2010-06-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/264

Daniel: keep open

vero: 264 and 299 can be closed, see Florian's mail

daniel: close the two actions then

close ACTION-264

<trackbot> ACTION-264 Edit the spec with the 3 changes proposed above. closed

close ACTION-299

<trackbot> ACTION-299 Change the API interface about Date closed

vero: agenda needs to have the right zakim number for dialing in

daniel: chair will take care of that


<trackbot> ACTION-273 -- Thierry Michel to prepare the mapping table for the media container formats -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/273

thierry: in work, keep open


<trackbot> ACTION-275 -- Joakim Söderberg to and Wonsuk to deal with with the editorial comments of the LC comment 2405 -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/275

wonsuk: will ping joakim and finish that ASAP


<trackbot> ACTION-277 -- Chris Poppe to add a line for the "broadcastDate" property attribute -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/277

vero: this was edited in the doc

close ACTION-277

<trackbot> ACTION-277 Add a line for the "broadcastDate" property attribute closed


<trackbot> ACTION-280 -- Joakim Söderberg to check the normative parts of the document according to comment 2418 -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/280

not done yet


<trackbot> ACTION-282 -- WonSuk Lee to follow up the comment on the namespaces -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/282

close ACTION-282

<trackbot> ACTION-282 Follow up the comment on the namespaces closed


<trackbot> ACTION-283 -- Soohong Daniel Park to send mail to Geolocation WG for an example, or controlled voca that can be used for the ma:location property -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/283

Daniel: keep open

thierry: about geo location WG, please send the mail to me, I will send it to them

daniel: ok, will do that after the meeting

thierry: copy the MAWG so that we can track it


<trackbot> ACTION-287 -- Felix Sasaki to include information to the introduction of 5.2.2 to describe the tables and columns -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/287

close ACTION-287

<trackbot> ACTION-287 Include information to the introduction of 5.2.2 to describe the tables and columns closed


<trackbot> ACTION-288 -- Felix Sasaki to unify the XPATH expressions in the mapping tables according to the last substantial comment of Robin -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/288

felix: I will edit the tables after the call today to resolve that (not the main document)


<trackbot> ACTION-289 -- Joakim Söderberg to deal with the last editorial comment of Robin -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/289

<tmichel> thierry added the intro from Felix http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html#metadata-mapping-table


<trackbot> ACTION-291 -- Thierry Michel to put agreed version of ontology to url pointed to by namespace -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/291

thierry: working on that with the webmaster, ongoing


<trackbot> ACTION-293 -- Véronique Malaisé to work with chris and raphael to update the properties of the ontology doc -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/293

vero: left the f2f early, not sure what happend to that

daniel: keep that open then


<trackbot> ACTION-294 -- Véronique Malaisé to check together with other table editors option for clarifying type/role attributes -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/294


<trackbot> ACTION-295 -- Chris Poppe to chanage title to plural in api doc -- due 2010-09-16 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/295

daniel: will send a mail to chris and raphael about ACTION-293 and ACTION-294, to check the curretn status


<trackbot> ACTION-297 -- Thierry Michel to send mail to HTML WG chairs -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/297

thierry: tried to ping the chairs and the team contact, no response

daniel: close the AI

close ACTION-297

<trackbot> ACTION-297 Send mail to HTML WG chairs closed


<trackbot> ACTION-298 -- Joakim Söderberg to contact WebIDL for requesting information about the planned direction for the webservices -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/298

Daniel: keep open


<trackbot> ACTION-300 -- Joakim Söderberg to contact the Geolocation WG and see if they'd be OK to make the accuracy optional -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/300

thierry: that was probably done, but wait with closing until Joakim reports back


<trackbot> ACTION-301 -- Chris Poppe to check out the compression property of the Ontology document -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/301

to Chris, same as ACTION-302

also ACTION-303 keep open

close ACTION-305

<trackbot> ACTION-305 Invite doug to telecon to discuss his lc comments closed


<trackbot> ACTION-309 -- Thierry Michel to improve markup of nomative/informative, probably with specific class to visualise -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/309

keep open

keep open ACTION-310 and ACTION-311

close ACTION-312

<trackbot> ACTION-312 Send to the group the list of LC Comments that needs to be reviewed for moving on closed

close ACTION-313

<trackbot> ACTION-313 Update definition of ma:policy according to comments from PLING closed

close ACTION-314

<trackbot> ACTION-314 Update the description of the ma:format in the ontology doc using the input from Dave Singer (see Werner email) closed


<trackbot> ACTION-315 -- Joakim Söderberg to update the group web site to reflect the plural in the title and to make working his cvs -- due 2010-09-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/315

thierry: will take that action over
... wonsuk, can you check on the API doc for the plural of "resources"?

wonsuk: will do

Final review on the LC comments

<wonsuk> the plural is ok in the API doc

<daniel> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-10-20100608/

discussing various lc comments

now http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-10-20100608/2393

thierry: I contacted James, asked him to send us information
... waiting for his response


changing status to proposal

thierry is updating the status of the comments directly


changing to proposal


changing to proposal


thierry: was reviewed by werner

changing to proposal


thierry updating the proposal, all agreeing with it

daniel: moving on with API document

<wonsuk> http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-api-1.0-20100608/

going through all over API LC comments

daniel: have now gone through all comments comming from the first LC. We agreed with all proposed resolutions
... after the teleconf, we will send out the resolutions to commenters
... and will wait for their final response

thierry: explaining how it works: see e.g. http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/42786/WD-mediaont-api-1.0-20100608/2395
... I will mark the status as "response drafted"
... there is a box "resolution implemented". for that we need to review the editing in the spec
... for each reply send I will check "reply send to commentor"
... I will be tracking then whether we have responses from the commentors, and check that accordingly

vero: and thierry will send the replies?

thierry: yes, in the name of the working group
... media fragment WG closed their LC draft on 27th of August

vero: there is an action on tobias to respond to mail from media fragment guys

thierry: I will ping tobias again

<scribe> ACTION: Thierry to ping tobias about reply to media fragments guys comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-317 - Ping tobias about reply to media fragments guys comments [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-10-05].

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0189.html

<tmichel> this is the schedule above

thierry: I will send out resolutions to all commentors. I will give them one week for reply and check after that what happens

daniel: before October 10th we have to finish all document updating

thierry: correct

vero: I have a proposal of a revised version, should I send it to the mailing list?

thierry: sure
... the schedule is very tight
... I drafted the schedule so that we can review the LC comments during TPAC
... I don't want to release a second LC which is unfinished
... that could lead to a 3rd LC
... so we could follow that schedule, or forget about it and deal with different things at TPAC
... and use TPAC for editng

felix: would like to use TPAC for editing so that we have enough time and don't run into the danger of a 3rd LC

daniel: will talk about this offline



<pchampin> bye

thierry: don't forget to register for TPAC

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Thierry to ping tobias about reply to media fragments guys comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/09/28 12:06:22 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/states/status/
Succeeded: s/thiierry /thierry /
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Found Scribe: Felix
Present: daniel fsasaki pchampin tmichel vero wonsuk
Regrets: tobias florian chris john
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0187.html
Got date from IRC log name: 28 Sep 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: thierry

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]