See also: IRC log
<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB
<scribe> Scribe: Art
AB: I posted a draft agenda
). Any change requests?
... if Robin doesn't join us we will probably drop the URI scheme agenda item
AB: the only announcement I have
is a reminder September 28 is the deadline for comments re the
Widget Interface LCWD.
... any other announcements?
AB: the P&C Implementation
Report suggests we still need lots of data ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/imp-report/
). Does anyone have anything new to report?
... Opera's impl is quite good
... but the next best impl is only about 50%
... do we think we can get data from BONDI/WAC?
MC: I'm not sure
AB: I can follow-up with WAC's AC rep
<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact WAC's AC rep about them supplying implementation data for the widget specs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-580 - Contact WAC's AC rep about them supplying implementation data for the widget specs [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
AB: the test suite is complete, right Marcos?
MC: yes, I believe so
... but I haven't received any feedback from the I18N WG
AB: did you give the I18N WG a deadline?
MC: I'll check and follow-up with them
AB: so 5 impls are roughly 50% and Opera's impl is 99%
<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact Aplix's WebApps reps about providing data for widget spec implementation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-581 - Contact Aplix's WebApps reps about providing data for widget spec implementation [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
MC: Aplix's data has some
... they need to re-run their tests
... need to talk to Paddy Byers
<Marcos> i18n email: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0749.html
AB: can Wookie, in theory, implement 100% of the P&C test cases?
MC: yes and I think Scott plans to run them
AB: any news from GPAC guys?
MC: no, not recently
<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact GPAC implementation people re implemenation data for widget specs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-582 - Contact GPAC implementation people re implemenation data for widget specs [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
AB: have you heard anything from RIM?
MC: no; would be good to follow-up
<scribe> ACTION: barstow contact RIM's AC rep to see if they intend to join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget specs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-583 - Contact RIM's AC rep to see if they intend to join WebApps and/or provide implemenation data re widget specs [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
AB: Marcos, will Opera be able to increase from 99% to 100%?
MC: yes; it's probably just a bug that needs to be fixed and the test case re-run
AB: anything else on P&C for today?
MC: I think we need to republish
this spec again?
... we have made several changes
... need to publish a new LC I think
AB: yes, I agree we have made many changes
<scribe> ACTION: barstow start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of the Packaing and Configuration spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-584 - Start a CfC to publish a new LCWD of the Packaing and Configuration spec [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-09-30].
MC: what about timeframes?
AB: the CfC period is 1
... and the LC comment period can be 3 weeks
... if I start a CfC today, it will end on Sept 30 and if agreed, we can publish a new LC on Oct 5 that would end on Oct 26
SP: the week after that would be
... and we could add it the agenda for TPAC meeting
AB: we previously said we won't have a widgets meeting durig TPAC
AB: the DigSig Implementation Report suggests we have no implementation at all ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/imp-report/ )
MC: that's right we don't have
any impl data yet
... we may need to regen the test cases because of an issue with one of the certs
AB: until the test suite is
updated and complete, I won't track people down re
... anything else?
MC: we will fix the test suite as
soon as possible
... we need to get more review
AB: I'll chase people after the test suite is updated
AB: earlier today I created a
comment tracking document for the September 7 LCWD (
... to date, I think the only comment we received is from Addison ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0728.html ). My recollection we discussed providing support for the locale and that is something that is platform-dependent and as such, is not directly controllable by a strict TWI user agent.
MC: we have looked into this
... must know the context and that can be different in the JS context
AB: would it make sense to add a non-normative comment about this?
... I can ask him how this is handeled in other places e.g. HTML5
AB: is this something new version of ECMAScript is addressing?
MC: not sure
... I will follow-up with Addison
AB: re Implementation Report, it
would be good to get 2 impls at 100% so we can progress to PR.
Now we have Opera @ 105% and Wookie @ 95%
... the issue for Wookie is test case ta-za
... Is there a bug in this test case?
... I will fix ta-za
... and I will remove the openURL test case
... expect an update later today
... and we will add some additional test cases too
AB: so, we need everyone to re-run the test suite?
MC: yes; we need everyone to re-run the test cases
<scribe> ACTION: marcos after TWI test suite updated, send an annoucement to public-webapps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-585 - After TWI test suite updated, send an annoucement to public-webapps [on Marcos Caceres - due 2010-09-30].
AB: now there are 16 test cases
in the TWI test suite
... how many will there be after the upload?
MC: about 50 test cases
... just checked, yes it is 50 test cases for TWI test suite
AB: without Robin here, we will skip this item for today
AB: what is the status of the view-mode Media Feature test suite ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/test-suite/ )? It is complete, right?
MC: yes, it is complete
AB: I still have an action to ask CSS WG to review the test cases ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/actions/576 ). Should we ask them to review all 16 test cases?
MC: yes, they should review all
16 test cases
... want to know if they think non-widget UA test cases are needed
AB: any other instructions for the CSS WG?
MC: I need to clean up the Intro section
MC: they go the above and click on "Show all tests"
AB: what is our deadline for
... by TPAC?
MC: we don't have any Ref Impls
that I know of
... so, by TPAC would be fine
... we may want to add another mode in the future
... so there is a question about how to extend the spec?
... we could just create a new spec that defines the new mode
AB: yes, that would work
AB: what is the status and plan for next publication ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/ )?
MC: I think we are close to being
ready to publish a new WD
... I just talked to Richard and we would like to publish a new WD as soon as possible
AB: since this has been a
reocurring agenda item, I'm OK with going forward with the
... any objections to publish a new WD of Updates spec on September 28?
... I support the publication
MC: me too
RESOLUTION: widgets group agrees to publish a new WD of the Updates spec on Sept 28
AB: who is the main person for pubreq issues?
MC: both Richard and I
AB: next call will be in 2 weeks (October 7) if there are sufficient agenda items; otherwise later
MC: has Nokia made any widget-related plans?
AB: yes, I added Nokia impl to our Impl wiki: http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetImplementation#Widget_Packaging_and_Configuration_.28P.26C.29
MC: can they provide data for our Implemenation Reports
AB: yes, I don't see why not but
the announced widget platform (Qt Web Runtime) is an "alpha"
... thus I don't know how stable or complete the impl is
... given our call frequency is down, we will use CfC's via e-mail if/when necessary
... anything else?
... Meeting Adjourned
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/the spec/the test suite/ Found ScribeNick: ArtB Found Scribe: Art Present: Art_Barstow Steven_Pemberton Marcos_Caceres Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JulSep/0986.html Got date from IRC log name: 23 Sep 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/09/23-wam-minutes.html People with action items: ac after an annoucement barstow contact marcos rep rim s send suite test twi updated[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]