See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 22 September 2010
Accept the minutes from 15/09
TPAC week from Nov 1st till Nov 5th in Lyon France
Yves, most likely only on Tuesday
Davy will attend the whole week
Raphael will attend from Mon till Thu or Fri
There are 40$ fees per day, and the fees increase after Oct 22nd
scribe: so please register before
<scribe> ACTION: Yves to book zakim for the 2 days meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-185 - Book zakim for the 2 days meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov [on Yves Lafon - due 2010-09-29].
<trackbot> ACTION-183 -- Raphaël Troncy to send reminders to all relevant groups -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN
I have not yet done this for IETF, TAG
Erik: no more news from Michael/Conrad should we be concerned?
Raphael: I don't think so ...
there are no critical actions from them we depend on
... if they can provide feedback, it's good
... we must progress without waiting
Philippe's proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Aug/0005.html
Philippe: this is just one part
of the problem
... we could include this piece of ABNF in the doc
<trackbot> ACTION-173 -- Yves Lafon to produce the code that will check the grammar of both the URI syntax and the Headers syntax -- due 2010-06-22 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ISSUE-19 -- Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself -- open
Yves: action is still
... %encoded and html-encoded URL (with ampersand)
Erik: is this browser independent?
<foolip> html entities: &
<foolip> percent encoding: %64
Philippe: this never reaches
... for percent encoding, yes, the js sees the un-decode string
Yves: could you send to the mailing list the tests you have made so we can test on another browser than Opera
<scribe> ACTION: philippe to send his list of test cases to the mailing list for understanding how browsers handle %-encodded and html-encoded URL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - philippe
<scribe> ACTION: philip to send his list of test cases to the mailing list for understanding how browsers handle %-encodded and html-encoded URL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-186 - Send his list of test cases to the mailing list for understanding how browsers handle %-encodded and html-encoded URL [on Philip Jägenstedt - due 2010-09-29].
Erik: what's happened if browsers manage this inconsistently?
Raphael: the related problem
deals with extensibility
... of the URI syntax
Philip: the whole thing is to
have a break into name/value pairs
... and then be relaxed if you don't understand all name/value pairs
... I think we should have a syntax, that mandates what we should have as name/value
... parsers fail for typos
... but implementations should be more relaxed
Yves: what bothers me that the
ABNF tells both what the syntax is and how to parse it
... the big issue is something that is not a media fragment can be recognized as a Media Fragment
<foolip> "parsers fail for typos" isn't correct
<foolip> a validator would, but not a parser in a browser
Yves: we could put an algorithm
for the browser
... we need to decide first what to do with extensibility
... then I don't see problem of having the algo closed to the ABNF definition
... so Annex D will move up towards the formal grammar
Erik: I will not make the parsing instructions normative, they are useful guidelines only
Philip: if we need to valid the whole URI before, then parsers will be broken with version 2
Yves: yes, but if the new thing means already something you're already into trouble
Yves: I agree
s/agrre/agree with Philip
Raphael: could we just write a normative paragraph that states how the parser should behave ?
Erik: a lot of test cases would need to be redefined
Yves: I want to have everybody on the phone to agree what we want to do with extensibility
<Yves> I would note that we can try to get agreement on the ML in the meantime
<scribe> ACTION: Philip to start a new thread about extensibility of the Media Fragments in order to get consensus by next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-187 - Start a new thread about extensibility of the Media Fragments in order to get consensus by next week [on Philip Jägenstedt - due 2010-09-29].
Tpic: 4. PUBLIC COMMENT
<trackbot> ACTION-184 -- Yves Lafon to email Chris the reply on when to send the range header -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN
<erik> have a nice day
Silvia: will you attend TPAC in Lyon ?
<silvia> raphael: no and I think I have un-registered