HTML Weekly Teleconference

02 Sep 2010

See also: IRC log


dsinger, Sam, +1.732.859.aaaa, Matt_May, Radhika_Roy, eliot, +1.971.998.aabb, Eric_Carlson, paulc, krisk, Michael_Cooper, Julian_Reschke, Janina, MikeSmith, [Microsoft], adrianba, Maciej, Laura_Carlson


<trackbot> Date: 02 September 2010

<paulc> Sam: are you ready to scribe?

<scribe> scribe: rubys

ACTION items due by Thursday, Sep 2

ACTION items due by Thursday, Sep 2

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - items


<trackbot> ACTION-185 -- Michael(tm) Smith to ... for the things in html4 and html5, send a mail to the link relations email list to update these and point to the latest html5 doc -- due 2010-09-02 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/185

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-185 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

julian: mike send out email this morning, and his action can be closed.

paulc: public links?

<Julian> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00080.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: [link-relations] NEW RELATION REQUEST: Relation name: "next" (at www.ietf.org)

close action-185

<trackbot> ACTION-185 ... for the things in html4 and html5, send a mail to the link relations email list to update these and point to the latest html5 doc closed

2. New Issues This Week

<paulc> ISSUE-118?

<trackbot> ISSUE-118 -- Specification breaks semantics of existing link relations "index" and "first" -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/118

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-118 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: this issue arrived in the last 24 hours

Items Closed Last Week

paulc: none

Items Closing This week


<trackbot> ISSUE-110 -- Change Control for text/html-sandboxed media type -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/110

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-110 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<paulc> Closes on Sep 4

paulc call for counter proposals for issue 110 closes on sept 4

Items Closing Next Week

paulc: none

Outstanding Calls for Proposals


<trackbot> ISSUE-117 -- Deprecate the noscript element -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/117

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-117 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<paulc> Closes on Sep 27

Issue updates


<trackbot> ISSUE-85 -- ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/85

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-85 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)


<pimpbot> Title: Bug List (at www.w3.org)

mjs: there are a number of individual bugs representing the differences between the proposal and the current draft
... some have been initially addressed (some applied to the spec, and some rejected, some reopened)
... hopefully we will get them addressed soon; I'll be sending a written status to the WG shortly.

<paulc> What is the schedule going forward?

paulc: the chairs originally gave today as the deadline as to when the chairs decide what the next steps are

mjs: so far the process seems to be making progress
... the original target was 30 days from when the editor asked for more information

paulc: that was probably two weeks ago
... the chairs will emphasize to the editor the need to respond to these existing bugs
... the TF wants to concentrate efforts on this, and wants a schedule going forward


<trackbot> ISSUE-116 -- provide reference and info about HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives in html5 spec -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/116

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-116 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: James Graham indicates that he has made the changes but hasn't tested them He intended to do so last night, but didn't manage. He plans to complete this tonight. Once complete, my plans are still to send out a call for consensus based on that result.

paulc: so we can see a CfC as early as the end of the week?

rubys: yes


<trackbot> ISSUE-41 -- Decentralized extensibility -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-41 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: the chairs have a pending piece of work to review the three remaining change proposals to ensure that they are up to our level of quality
... we don't want to issue a survey with incomplete proposals; we have had that action for 3 weeks, and we had intended to have that done today

Testing Task force report, Kris K

<krisk> We met as planned last week -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010Aug/0010.html

<pimpbot> Title: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 8/24/2010 from Kris Krueger on 2010-08-24 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from August 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<krisk> We approved the getElementsByClassName tests

<paulc> How many were approved? Kris:18

<krisk> Though for tests that can pass/fail via script (e.g. getElementsClassName) are ran via the test runner without having to click pass/fail

<krisk> Their was more discussion on 'ref' tests

<krisk> and how these 'ref' test or visual test can be automated

<krisk> additionally we approved 25 more of Philip Taylors Canvas tests

<paulc> Does the current results page represent all the currently approved tests?

<krisk> The link is http://test.w3.org/html/tests/reporting/report.htm for test results

<pimpbot> Title: HTML5 Conformance Test Results (at test.w3.org)

<krisk> It is fine feedback to add a date to the page when the result was last ran

paulc: it is nearly to the point where you need to be versioning either the test suite itself or the results.

<paulc> I suggest you version or date the test suite and the results page.

Accessibility Task Force report, Janina

<MikeSmith> it's 01:24 in Japan

<paulc> Nice

<paulc> time zones are hard on the brain.

janina: the main new news is that over August we have formulated a subteam to address the bugs that have been entered against a11y.

<paulc> Bugs sub-group minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Sep/0047.html

<pimpbot> Title: [BUGS] Minutes Bug Triage sub-team 31 August 2010 from Michael Cooper on 2010-09-02 (public-html-a11y@w3.org from September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<janina> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

<pimpbot> Title: Media Accessibility User Requirements - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at www.w3.org)

<paulc> Requirements proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Aug/0329.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: Media Accessibility User Requirements Published from Paul Cotton on 2010-08-26 (public-html@w3.org from August 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

janina: we are eager to engage wider discussion as the implications of the requirements are fairly significant
... in some cases the accommodations are older than the web, and has a rich history and is widely deployed.
... this is a user interface requirement, not a user agent or authoring requirement, or an inventory of what is or is not supported.
... we are not expecting all user agents to support all of the accommodations; there is a wide variety of devices out there
... the intro contains these caveats
... section 1 categorizes types of disabilities
... section2 describes the types of accommodations and alternative media
... section 3 describes the system requirements
... section 2.1 covers "Described video", a term that goes back to broadcast media; primarily for people who don't see well.


<MikeSmith> janina, we lost your voice

<paulc> Janina: are you still there?

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10533] New: Remove section, it's in CSSOM <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0075.html>

<pimpbot> planet: Drumbeat: what’s next? <11http://commonspace.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/drumbeatnext/>

<MikeSmith> janina, ready?

<paulc> Waiting for janina to solve her connection or audio problem.

<paulc> Nothing else on the agenda

<paulc> I put this at the end of the agenda on purpose.

dsinger: the CSS WG is considering using media queries to select sources based on accessibility needs

Other business

paulc: none

Scribe for next meeting

<paulc> Maciej is due to chair next week.

adrian will scribe


UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: adjourned, with apologies to the audio difficulties

<paulc> Adjourned at 12:46

<MikeSmith> @notes

<pimpbot> MikeSmith: I currently have notes waiting for annevk and reset.

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 7721] Drag and Drop is not keyboard accessible <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0076.html>

<pimpbot> planet: Google Developer Day 2010 Agenda: Android, Chrome & HTML5 and Cloud Platform <11http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/Dcni/~3/46zrnjr-rk8/google-developer-day-2010-agenda.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10535] Don't throw WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERRs <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0079.html> 4** [Bug 10536] New: Don't throw WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERRs <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0078.html> 4** [Bug 10535] New: Don't throw WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERRs <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0077.html>

<pimpbot> 'planet: 1K+ preorders for "HTML5: Up and Running" spiked its launch week numbers off the charts. Open publishing works, yo. http://oreil.ly/bmJi8B <\x0311http://twitter.com/diveintomark/statuses/22820627810\x0f> \x034\x02**\x0f HTML5: Up and Running \n - O\'Reilly Media <\x0311http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596806033/\x0f>'

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10455] Mint a describedby attribute for the img element <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0080.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 10455] Mint a describedby attribute for the img element" (3 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0082.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 10455] Mint a describedby attribute for the img element" (4 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0083.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 10455] Mint a describedby attribute for the img element" (6 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0085.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 10455] Mint a describedby attribute for the img element" (8 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0087.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 7721] Drag and Drop is not keyboard accessible <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0088.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10537] New: document.readyState for aborted parser <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Sep/0089.html>

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.134 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/09/07 20:45:22 $