W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

15 Jul 2010

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
paulc

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 15 July 2010

<scribe> scribe: paulc

<plh> scribeNick: paulc

<plh> RRSAgent and scribe[Nick]

<pimpbot> Title: RRSAgent IRC Bot Description (at www.w3.org)

ACTION items

ACTION-29?

<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-07-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

plh: The PSIG is still waiting on feedback on the license. Not sure when this will time out.
... Getting feedback is a blocker. No timeline for PSIG action.

ACTION-29 due in 1 month

<trackbot> ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring due date now in 1 month

plh: If anything happends before this plh will report it right away.

ACITON-183?

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10173

ACTION-183?

<trackbot> ACTION-183 -- Kris Krueger to and Testint TF to open bug on default mode when embedding SVG in HTML -- due 2010-07-15 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/183

<pimpbot> 1110173: krisk@microsoft.com, P2, NEW, 13Foreign Content

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-183 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

This was completed by filing bug 10173.

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10173 krisk@microsoft.com, P2, NEW, 13Foreign Content

I just muted myself to cut the noise.

<rubys> close action-183

<trackbot> ACTION-183 And Testint TF to open bug on default mode when embedding SVG in HTML closed

New issues this week

None.

Working Group decisions

Issues 30, 88, 95, 96 and 97 surveys have closed and are pending.

plh: What is the timeline for getting these done?

issue-30?

<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-30 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-88?

<trackbot> ISSUE-88 -- Should meta/@content allow a list of languages instead of just a single language? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/88

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-88 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-95?

<trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-96?

<trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

issue-97?

<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

pbc: We expect at least two of 95, 96 and 97 to be ready for next week.

Issues needing revised proposals

Issue-31 and Issue-80: awaitng revised proposal.

Issue-56 has a revised proposal and it is being discussed.

Issue-85 may be obsolete in lieu of bug 10066.

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066 faulkner.steve@gmail.com, P2, NEW, 13replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided

Still awaiting a revised proposal on Issue-100.

The revised proposals are all due today.

pbc: What are we going to do if the revisions are not made available?

rubys: We will probably be forced to process the proposals we do have.

Issues ready for survey processing

Issue-4?

<trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-4 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-84?

<trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/84

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-84 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-101?

<trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- Spec reference for US-ASCII -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/101

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-101 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Issue-103?

<trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

The issue of authoring conformance is being discussed on the public-html list. More input would be good.

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 10083] Remove references to Microdata from within the document" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0312.html>

pbc: Issue-100 is awaiting a revised proposal and should be processed before Issue-103 since the items are related. See last week's discussion.

on mute again.

Other business

plh: wanted to report on Testing TF
... very encouraging progress - 30 more tests approved

<pimpbot> Title: Re: ACTION-182 and Issue-27 from Julian Reschke on 2010-07-14 (public-html@w3.org from July 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

plh: TF has more than 800+ canvas tests in the pipeline.
... KrisK is working on a test harness.
... Both MSFT and Opera have offered to submit test results BEFORE CR.
... W3C plans to aggregate and publish these "early" results.
... within one month or so there will be publishable test results.
... There is one canvas test that was failing on many implementations and the TF agreed that several implementation will have to change since the test matched the spec.

pbc: Is that a challenge for other to get involved?

plh: it would be good for other implementors to send in results?
... Plan is to submit results for the "approved" tests only and to increase the number of "approved" tests.

pbc on mute again.

Scribe for next meeting.

Paul volunteers to scribe for Maciej who will be in the Chair.

I defer to Adrian.

Adrian will scribe next week.

Adjournment

Meeting adjourned at 12:30pm ET.

<Laura> bye

rssagent, generate minutes

rssagent, create the minutes

rssagent, create minutes

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/07/15 16:22:35 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: paulc
Found ScribeNick: paulc

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Julian_ Julian_Reschke Lachy Laura Laura_Carlson Mark MichaelC Michael_Cooper Microsoft Mike MikeSmith P7 Radhika_Roy Sam Shepazu Title aaaa aabb adrianba arronei bugmail franko janina mjs paulc pbc pimpbot plh rubys scribeNick trackbot wcarr
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy


WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 15 Jul 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]