See also: IRC log
<antoine> Previous: 2010-06-17 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html
<antoine> zakin, who is here?
<antoine> Scribe: Michael
<antoine> Scribenick: michaelp
<jodi> zakim: aadd is me
<bernard> boston number does not seem to work
<jneubert> hi zakim, aagg is pobably me
<stu> can someone kindly point me to the link for the call info?
<antoine> Call code: 55394#
Antoine: Comments on the minutes of previous telecon?
RESOLUTION: Accept minutes of previous week
Antoine: In the future, minutes
should first be send to participants before going public.
... to get accurate attendance record.
<jodi> I linked the intros I could find at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ParticipantIntroductions
<scribe> ACTION: Introductions [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-lld-minutes.html#action01]
<antoine> ACTION: All group members should please post an introduction to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: All group members should please post an introduction to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]
Jodi: Introductions are now collected on a wiki page.
Antoine: Availability for F2F
meeting in Pittsburgh
... we could sufficient feedback; many people can make the meeting.
<scribe> ACTION: ALL: group members please indicate your availability for the proposed F2F meeting in a Doodle poll: http://www.doodle.com/gaipzmfc7xp9f4zq [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]
Antoine: We can hold 2 day
meeting after DC-2010 conference.
... in the venue of the conference; October 23-24
<Zakim> emma, you wanted to ask about time schedule
Antoine: ca. 19 attendees
emma: We could end early on Sunday so people can make flights?
Antoine: We don't have to use up all the time. Probably we can have 1 or 1.5 days.
<stu> suggest 1.5 days to accommodate European travel and the desireability of an evening social to promote group cohesion
Antoine: We can move the most important issues to the first day.
Antoine: The agenda shows definitive telecon schedule.
Antoine: Twitter hashtag
discussion on mailing list
... 2 proposals: #lldata vs. #lldxg
Antoine: There seems to be preference for lldata.
<bernard> less cryptic :)
RESOLUTION: #lldata hashtag to be used on Twitter
<dlukose> i am disconnecting now, and will re-connect via skype in a min...as soon as I re-connect, plese mute me.
Emmanuelle: We should be more
specific about the goals of use cases
... Provenance XG goals were more generic
Antoine: We need to get concrete cases to identify the technology issues
<dlukose> i am re-connect now
Antoine: but also abstract one to show community benefits of future applications of LD technology
Emmanuelle: This should be identified in the templates.
Stu: What are we trying to do?
What actions should be taken as results of our efforts?
... Are we really trying to identify technology issues with concrete UCs?
... Inventory of whats going on with LD in library community?
... Suggesting future benefits is often not convincing. Suggesting implementation strategies might be.
Antoine: That is exactly the idea behind the UC idea.
<antoine> michaelp: the concrete is the abstract are not so far apart
<antoine> ... we are trying to align LD practices with library practices
<marcia> contextualize LD principles and align them with library practices
<antoine> michaelp: both could be accomodated here
<GordonD> I agree with Michael
<AlexanderH> me too
<emma> +1 with Michael
<marcia> the 'topics' identified by the group can also be aligned with the UC data collected
Antoine: We can make the template flexible enough through discussion on mailing list.
Stu: What are the deliverables
that would others prepare to take action?
... around these data issues.
... Report could identify the goal to make libraries more permanent on the web and then name strategies how this can be accomplished.
Antoine: Adressed by our technology deliverable.
Stu: Sounds good.
<GordonD> There are some big and general practical issues in libraryland that ld could resolve e.g. shared cataloguing; federated searching; user-assisted cataloguing - each might be an "abstract" uc
Emma: We must choose the UCs to
advertise the use of linked data.
... Provenance XG curated UCs into scenarios
Antoine: In terms of commonality?
Emma: Yes, to consolidate and extract common issues.
Antoine: Are there volunteers to come up with a new template?
Stu: I would be happy to help.
<Zakim> emma, you wanted to comment on use case curation
Stu: I take the lead on this to understand UC approach better.
Alexander: It would be useful to see examples.
<antoine> for example UCs
Michael: It would be useful to look at Provenance XG wiki for examples.
<scribe> ACTION: Stu takes the lead on understanding UC approach better (with help of Emmanuelle Jodi Bernard and Jeff) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-lld-minutes.html#action05]
<bernard> count me in also
<AlexanderH> i'm in too
<jeff_> I'm in
<dlukose> The W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group previously prepared a set of questionnaire. will this be someting that may be usefule in our initiative?
<jodi> post about LIBRIS Swedish Union Catalog, regarding enrichment: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.culture.libraries.ngc4lib/4617
<jodi> here was the VIAF link in that email: http://outgoing.typepad.com/outgoing/2009/09/viaf-as-linked-data.html
<scribe> ACTION: Alexander to populate the template for VIAF UC http://outgoing.typepad.com/outgoing/2009/09/viaf-as-linked-data.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-lld-minutes.html#action06]
<jodi> sure :)
<jeff_> I can help with VIAF UC
Antoine: I have started an
informal poll for volunteers on the wiki.
... either as contributor of UCs or as curator of UCs contributed by others.
... The choice between the approaches will be guided by how many people sign up for each.
<scribe> ACTION: ALL: Edit the topics for our work at the wiki: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES]
Antoine: Anybody who wants to curate the topics list?
Stu: Very important, very
... What sort of curation do you expect?
<jneubert> +q to ask about the difference between "Describing library and museum authorities as Linked Data" and "Describing library and museum KOS Resources as Linked Data"
Antoine: I like us to be sure of general categories of topics/issues.
Stu: First pass: Make categories
abstract and coherent?
... I think we should ask Karen.
<matolat> +1 asking Karen
<scribe> ACTION: Antoine to ask Karen Coyle to start curating topics list. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-lld-minutes.html#action08]
<Zakim> jneubert, you wanted to ask about the difference between "Describing library and museum authorities as Linked Data" and "Describing library and museum KOS Resources as Linked Data"
Joachim: Difference between "authorities" and "KOS resources"
Joachim: name authority files mentioned in both topics
<marcia> but authorities mustly were referred to name -related
<marcia> not concept schemes
Antoine: Lead by Karen
Antoine: Assessment of technology
pieces and vocabularies is on the list of deliverables.
... I hope the we now are more inline with respect to this document.
Antoine: Community building and
outreach could be dormant for the moment.
... Events that members attending or presenting at
... My proposal is to create a section on the wiki for these events.
<marcia> Linked Library Data Un-Meeting @ ALA Annual Friday, June 25, 2010, 9am-12pm Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, Regency A room
<jodi> +1 to events section
<marcia> +1 mp's event section on the wiki
Antoine: Groups life and processes: please send feedback to the group about topics you would like us to focus on.
<jodi> thanks! bye!
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/???/emma/ Succeeded: s/We could we start/We could end/ Succeeded: s/Emmanuelle/Emmanuelle Jodi Bernard and Jeff/ Succeeded: s/LIBIS/LIBRIS/ Succeeded: s/populated/to populate/ Succeeded: s/btween/between/ Found Scribe: Michael Found ScribeNick: michaelp Default Present: antoine, +1.614.764.aaaa, +1.614.764.aabb, michaelp, +03315379aacc, emma, jeff_, +1.856.528.aadd, jodi, AlexanderH, matolat, +1.330.655.aaee, marcia, +39.714.8.aaff, bernard, +49.173.609.aagg, jneubert, GordonD, stu, +016261aahh, dlukose, +35937aaii, fumi Present: antoine +1.614.764.aaaa +1.614.764.aabb michaelp +03315379aacc emma jeff_ +1.856.528.aadd jodi AlexanderH matolat +1.330.655.aaee marcia +39.714.8.aaff bernard +49.173.609.aagg jneubert GordonD stu +016261aahh dlukose +35937aaii fumi Regrets: Ray Tom Andras Ed Karen Ross Herbert Nicolas Oreste Guenther Kai Martin Carlo Kim Andrew Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Jun/0108.html Got date from IRC log name: 24 Jun 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/06/24-lld-minutes.html People with action items: alexander all antoine stu[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]