See also: IRC log
<laurent_lefort_cs> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2010/06/08-ssn-minutes.html
<laurent_lefort_cs> Messages from Ted Guild (W3C): The France and UK Zakim bridge numbers +33.4.89.06.34.99 and
<laurent_lefort_cs> +44.117.370.6152 are reported to not accept tone dialing to enter the conference codes.
<laurent_lefort_cs> ... We apologize for the inconvenience while the above services are unavailable.
<laurent_lefort_cs> ... The US Zakim bridge number +1.617.761.6200 remains fully operational.
<laurent_lefort_cs> ... (dated Monday 14 June)
<krp> Sorry, having trouble getting on
i can scribe
<laurent_lefort_cs> scribenick: david
Laurent: Note on namespace - Requesting a location from W3C where the ontology can physically be located. See notes in aforementioned link.
Laurent: Using ontology for : 1) importing into tools (e.g. Protege); 2) for use in linked data
<laurent_lefort_cs> Keep watching progress of this action through http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/actions/30
<laurent_lefort_cs> Laurent commenting on the example slide 4
Laurent: discussion of slide 3
& 4 of Semantically-enabled Standard Development (ref.
regarding comparison on two sensors with differences in
performances for specific conditions
... referring to slide 5, where more information would be beneficial for Severe Thunderstorm event and why semantic markup would be beneficial
Laurent: Is this use case beneficial? do we need others? which?
cory: Do we have O&M documents that have these recordings?
cory: sensor discovery is the current working example
Kerry: is the modeling of the event out of scope?
Laurent: How can we balance development ontology with validation against real world use cases?
discussion of modeling the event vs. formalization in the ontology (e.g. hail, rainfall - these are already imported so are not an issue)
<krp> Sorry, not on call: can't get past the welcome message. Thought it was my phone (new contract) but have tried others and I'm having the same issue.
<kerry> I know this -- ring the us number!!!
us number: +1.617.761.6200
<krp> ah, I'm at home.. the US number would be... expensive...
<kerry> talk to us on irc then?
<krp> Yeah, just looking through the scrollback
Laurent: described a nasty weather event - hail, freezing rain (which breaks power lines)
cory: has O&M data that can be used
michael: do we know what sensors
were used in the BOM (see page 5 of the slides)? ...will we
have accuracy, etc
... Is there a real world example with the data available for an event? does not necessarily need to be an extreme event.
laurent: this case was picked due to performance of sensor
michael: proposes finding an example event with real data, real sensor
kerry: ??can't hear
<laurent_lefort_cs> Kerry: talking about examples related to CSIRO project: Phenonet (Agriculture Meteo) and Hydro
cory: re: using O&M data, have name, location, time of use (no accuracy, etc)
Laurent: more sensor info may be available
<krp> What do you need from the examples? (is it different sensor behaviour based on conditions?)
<laurent_lefort_cs> We need examples which uses different parts of the ontology for the 1st deliverable
<laurent_lefort_cs> ... and examples where we have the data and the info for the sensor (to illustrate the added value of the semantic markup)
<laurent_lefort_cs> Laurent: Actions to continue this? Who should talk to who?
<krp> Which parts of the ontology are lacking coverage? (personally I'm not using much sensor device descriptions, mostly observations, but I can ask others)
cory: using O&M data, and sensors used don't have info on range of measurement, accuracy, battery life, etc
<kerry> But "overly simple" is also a valid example!
michael: should examples should be showing coverage of the ontology or to show how to use it?
<kerry> Yes: to show how to use the ontology
Laurent: What do we need to show how to use it?
michael: capability of sensor related to some external condition, relating observations to that
<laurent_lefort_cs> Micahel: citing the list of sub-parts of the ontology http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Sensor_Net_Ontology
Laurent: survivability, mobility may need additional work after the other areas are covered
cory: need to decide what concepts in ontology to show examples - could add to device discovery use case
<laurent_lefort_cs> ACTION: Laurent to sum up this discussion and call for contributions of examples especially on topics which are not well covered yet [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/16-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-31 - Sum up this discussion and call for contributions of examples especially on topics which are not well covered yet [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-06-23].
<krp> kerry: is there a known issue with the UK bridge? (not sure if the call is winding up)
<kerry> and call is still going now
<laurent_lefort_cs> Laurent: deciding to first work separately on the ontology and markup examples and then identify the gaps
<kerry> the draft report is a good place to do this!
cory: organized the draft report for the ontology deliverable - separated motivating use cases from the examples.
cory: aggregated examples and
placed them in the above link
... will use the SWE standards
laurent: cory, do you need any assistance?
<michael> ...my sound just dropped out...
<kerry> Laurent -- need to close off...
cory: motivation section might
need additional work (e.g. motivating use cases)
... providing examples and annotating examples remain
laurent: focus on examples
<kerry> thank you & bye from me!
<krp> is there anywhere to track progress on the UK bridge issue? (couldn't find anything on w3c site)
<kerry> krp -- dont recall info on that...
<kerry> there was just an email
<kerry> I can't now -- but I'll try to dig it up later today and fwd to the list
<krp> next week will be ok... it'll be an afternoon call so I'll be on campus
<krp> though need to get away, it's late!
<laurent_lefort_cs> Okay, we'll catch up the next time I'll do my best to complete what appears on the IRC. Thanks
<krp> ok, thanks.
<laurent_lefort_cs> ACTION: Laurent to get updated information on the status of the European Zakim bridge from W3C [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/06/16-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-32 - Get updated information on the status of the European Zakim bridge from W3C [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-06-23].
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/14 Juned/14 June/ Found ScribeNick: david Inferring Scribes: david Default Present: david, laurent_lefort_cs, michael, Arthur, cory, kerry Present: david laurent_lefort_cs michael Arthur cory kerry Regrets: Luis Krzysztof Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-ssn/2010Jun/0015.html Got date from IRC log name: 16 Jun 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/06/16-ssn-minutes.html People with action items: laurent WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]