Provenance Incubator Group Teleconference

04 Jun 2010


See also: IRC log


Yolanda Gil


<trackbot> Date: 04 June 2010

<YolandaGil> @ Dave: Hi, did you take a look at the pointer to joining the group?

<SamCoppens> presentation is available on: http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be/users/samcoppe/W3C_ProvXG_PREMIS.pdf

yes, i can try

<pgroth> can you paste it into irc?

<YolandaGil> http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be/users/samcoppe/W3C_ProvXG_PREMIS.pdf

Presentation of Sam Coppens together with Rebecca Guenther

<pgroth> breaking up

<ivan> breaking up again:-(

<Paolo> breaking up again

<pgroth> please talk slow

<ivan> very difficult to follow

Presentation finished

Rebecca: Emphasizes that PREMIS is a data dictionary, more a strategy, not everything has to be implemented

More information about intellectual entities is needed that seemed to be out of scope earlier

LoC published several vocabularies related to PREMIS

Paulo: What kind of technologies are used for workflows?

Sam: Loose binding between workflows and PREMIS events, no specific ontology for the workflows
... We use an event based workflow engine

Paolo: How do you define granularity of an object entitiy? File, Collection of file, ... depends on the access rights?

<pgroth> maybe rebecca can respond?

Rebecca: Objects can be everything, structure is needed to organize them.

Paul: Use cases for software generated intellectual entities?

Rebecca: It is more important to know, which Software and version was used, not so much how to exactly use the object

<Luc> To follow on from Paul, is reproducibility of interest?

Rebecca: Invitation to send further questions via email

Next topic: Update News Aggregator Scenario

<YolandaGil> Paul Groth is updating us on: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Analysis_of_News_Aggregator_Scenario

Paul asks for feedback from the community regarding the technical requirements

Paul: There should be some time for everyone to read through it

<YolandaGil> Scribe: Kai

Paul: Two approaches, one top down, one bottom up.
... Is looking for existing solutions for the technical requirements

The images are great :-)

Nect topic: Provenance vocabulary mapping

<pgroth> satya?

Yolanda: Postpone to next talk?

<pgroth> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Provenance_Vocabulary_Mappings

<pgroth> mappings?

Yolanda: SWAN and PML are missing

<pgroth> +q

Paul: Three people asked for provenance vocabulary, liked the mapping page very much.
... Vocabulary Mappings are a concrete product of prov-xg

<pgroth> yolanda...what about the other scenarios?

<pgroth> who want to do that?

<YolandaGil> Thanks Kai!

You are welcome

<YolandaGil> I can take it from here and post the minutes. Thank you!

I hope that was ok. Thank you for the postprocessing :-)

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/06/04 16:04:33 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Kai
Inferring ScribeNick: kai

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: DanielGarijo IPcaller Ivan Jerry_Hobbs LC Luc P10 P16 P21 Paolo Paul Paulo Rebecca Sam SamCoppens Yolanda YolandaGil aacc aadd dgarijo jeff joined kai lkagal michaelp pg pgroth prov prov-xg ssahoo2 trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-prov/2010Jun/0000.html
Found Date: 04 Jun 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/06/04-prov-xg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]