W3C

HTML Weekly Teleconference

13 May 2010

Agenda

Attendees

Present
Laura, Matt, Janina, Radhika_Roy, MichaelCooper, RobEnnals, Cynthia, Julian, Philippe, KrisK, Adrian, Eliot, Sam, Gregory, MikeSmith
Regrets
Gregory_Rosmaita
Chair
mike
Scribe
rubys

Contents


1. ACTION items due by Thu May 13

action items due by Thursday May 13

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

<pimpbot> Title: Input for Agenda Planning for the HTML Weekly - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

action-178?

<trackbot> ACTION-178 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type -- due 2010-04-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-178 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> action-178 due in two weeks

<trackbot> ACTION-178 Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type due date now in two weeks

plh: it is not clear to me that we have an issue, but I want to make sure that we don't have an issue

<MikeSmith> action-178 due 2010-05-27

<trackbot> ACTION-178 Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type due date now 2010-05-27

2. Issues with deadlines due by May 13

<MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

mike: none
... I do see some overdue actions... skipping for now

3. Items that close next week (by Thu May 20)

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-89 idioms - Call for Counter-Proposals ends

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-92 cleanuptable - Call for Counter-Proposals ends

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-103 srcdoc-xml-escaping - Call for Counter-Proposals ends

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example - Call for Counter-Proposals ends

<MikeSmith> issue-89?

<trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without dedicated Elements -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<Julian> I don't see any counter proposals

<MikeSmith> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1069.html

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 idioms - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-04-21 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<Julian> according to http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

mike: issue 89 call for counter proposals closes next week, if no counter proposals are received, the chairs will make a decision

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-92

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-92?

<trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous material, and provide cleaner description -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1072.html

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 cleanuptable - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-04-21 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

issue-92: same situation for this issue

<trackbot> ISSUE-92 Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous material, and provide cleaner description notes added

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-103?

<trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

julian: just waiting on it to proceed through the process

mike: if anybody is interested in making counter proposals, you have one week left

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-107?

<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin usage -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1071.html

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-04-21 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

mike: I see some discussion, but no counter proposals
... ... you've got a week

5. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this Week

4. New Issues This Week:

mike: no new issues
... no new calls for proposals or counter proposals

6. WG Decision Policy update

<MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html

<pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> Editor's draft of decision-policy doc

<pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)

sam: I believe that everything is on track for an update to be done by the 15th

8. Task Force Reports

janina: everything is on track. We expect to be delivering requirements by may 27th.
... we expect to providing deadlines for all items by may 27th
... there is no longer an objection to proceeding on issue-85
... we want something blocking last call, and cynthia has already reported bugs
... canvas is being held up awaiting input from developers, in particular from Apple. If feedback is not received, RichardS plans to proceed anyway.
... usemap is to be written up by Chaals, if we don't hear from Chaals we will proceed anyway.

mike: anything else?

janina: four separate teleconferences spun out, things are proceeding well

7. Surveys

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-66 image-analysis - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-66-objection-poll/

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-90 figure - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-90-objection-poll/

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-91 aside - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-91-objection-poll/

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-93 details - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-93-objection-poll/

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-95 hidden - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-95-objection-poll/

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-96 progress - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-96-objection-poll/

<MikeSmith> ISSUE-97 meter - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-97-objection-poll/

mike: we have separate surveys for issues 90, 91, 93, 95, 96, 97.
... you are not obligated to comment; please follow the directions from the chairs when making comments

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0056.html

<pimpbot> Title: Prep for Heartbeat Drafts from Sam Ruby on 2010-05-05 (public-html@w3.org from May 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

Rob Ennals: we are trying to determine what the objections are

<Laura> No it was Cynthia.

cynthia: if the change proposals capture the objection, there is no need to state an objection, right?

mike: this process is not different from what was done with microdata
... the decision policy empowers the chairs to weigh the weight of the objections and to make a decision

cynthia: the policy is confusing

rob_ennals: the purpose of the survey is not to determine consensus

cynthia: when do we do the other things

sam: we are tying to avoid votes

cynthia: I am going to simply fill in the form with which one I agree with and which ones I disagree with

sam: I discourage Cynthia from stating which ones she agrees with

rob ennals: we want new arguments

<plh> q

mike: the surveys are open (you have to authenticate)

testing task force

<krisk> We have one approved test - http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/raw-file/tip/tests/approved/attributes/anchor_href.htm

<pimpbot> Title: HTMLAnchorElement href Attribute Test (at dvcs.w3.org)

<krisk> The test is a good example for tests that can run synchronously

<krisk> The group will be creating some video tests

<krisk> Which will spur a round of converstations about test harness requirements

<krisk> Microsoft has submmitted tests for foreign content and will submit some more test for Selection and getElementsByClassName

<krisk> The meeting schedule has been extended - same time/schedule

<krisk> For more info see the wiki http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing or the list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010May/

<pimpbot> Title: Testing - HTML WG Wiki (at www.w3.org)

mike: any questions?

<krisk> plh is working on getting the approved tests from HG to tests.w.3.org/html5/

plh: remember that we are not expecting to reach consensus, because of the loaded issues we're dealing with; what the chairs are attempting to do is identify the path that raises the least objection

cynthia: thank you, that was much more clear

9. Other Business

mike: hearing none, moving on...

10. Scribe for next meeting

mike: volunteers?
... hearing none, adjourned...

<MikeSmith> [adjourned]

<MikeSmith> thanks to Sam for scribing

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]