Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

03 Mar 2010


See also: IRC log


raphael, michael, yves, davy
Erik, Silvia, Jack


<trackbot> Date: 03 March 2010

<scribe> scribenick: raphael

<scribe> scribe: Raphael

1. Admin

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 24 February 2009 telecon, http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-mediafrag-minutes.html


<mhausenblas> +1

<davy> +1


Minutes accepted


<trackbot> ACTION-145 -- Raphaël Troncy to adjust the milestones in the charter -- due 2010-03-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/145

close ACTION-145

<trackbot> ACTION-145 Adjust the milestones in the charter closed

see the new table schedule on the group home page, http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/


<trackbot> ACTION-119 -- Yves Lafon to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing list and notifications -- due 2009-10-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119

2. F2F meeting

<scribe> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda

I'm requesting you put more items of things you would like to have been discussed

3. Specification


<trackbot> ACTION-134 -- Erik Mannens to mark up the spec with normative and informative classes -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/134

Propose to close it, since we marked up already what is stable and not

Some support from Yves

no objections

<conrad> +1

<davy> +1

<mhausenblas> +1

close ACTION-134

<trackbot> ACTION-134 Mark up the spec with normative and informative classes closed


<trackbot> ACTION-142 -- Raphaël Troncy to apply this change in the section 5.1.3 (jack's note) -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/142

close ACTION-142

<trackbot> ACTION-142 Apply this change in the section 5.1.3 (jack's note) closed

4. Media URI Syntax


<trackbot> ACTION-126 -- Yves Lafon to follow up on error in ABFN for npt -- due 2009-12-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/126

Yves: it is done, both the wiki page and the document has been changed

In the document, at the end, there is a consolidated annex with what we have imported

<Yves> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/

<Yves> Wall-clock time code

<Yves> Editorial note: Philip

<Yves> The datetime definition should be imported from either global date and time (HTML 5) or utc-time (RFC 2326).

<Yves> Editorial note: Yves

<Yves> In fact it should be a subset of ISO 8601, RFC 3339 would do. (Need WG decision)

Issue: which def should we take?

<trackbot> Created ISSUE-15 - Which def should we take? ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/15/edit .

<Yves> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

drop ISSUE-15

Yves: I would prefer to use the 3339 rather than the def used in HTML5 and the RTSP protocol
... HTML5 have chosen the ISO def rather than the RFC definition
... I think they are the same, but we should be consistent in our ref

Raphael: do you want a WG decision now ? We are not that many on the call

Yves: this is not rocket science, but should be pretty straightforward

Raphael: I would propose a 5 min discussion at the F2F meeting
... in order to take a WG decision (re: section

Bug at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html is corrected

Bug at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0093.html is corrected

The 's' has been dropped

close ACTION-126

<trackbot> ACTION-126 Follow up on error in ABFN for npt closed

Yves: the 's' was already optional but has been dropped

<Yves> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#collected-syntax

Yves: the Annex B collects all the bits of the syntax


<trackbot> ACTION-150 -- Erik Mannens to summarize the discussion on the quotes in a mail or on the wiki -- due 2010-03-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/150

Raphael: whether we should have quotes or not for track and id will be a topic at the F2F meeting

Yves: using quotes seem more secure ... but it is matter of discussion

<Yves> we need jack for this one

5. Protocol


<trackbot> ACTION-123 -- Yves Lafon to come up with ABNF for header syntax -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123

<scribe> -- pending

Yves: we need some further discussion
... in particular how we express the non-temporal dimension
... my plan is to actually _do_ that during the F2F meeting

Raphael: this is another topic for the f2f

6. Rendering media fragments in the UA


<trackbot> ACTION-141 -- Conrad Parker to add a paragraph in the section 5.2.1 that further clarify the role of the UA for rendering a media fragment -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/141

Conrad: I will do that by f2f


<trackbot> ACTION-135 -- Erik Mannens to extend section 5 regarding spatial and track dimension -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/135

Davy: I have looked at it a little bit

<davy> http://www.europarl.europa.eu/wps-europarl-internet/frd/vod/player?session=last&currentSei=SEI1&language=en

Davy: look for examples
... examples of bow text fragments can be rendered, highlighted

<davy> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsaq6W3V1s

Davy: I look also at the annotation tool of YouTube
... we also look at Flash development
... on the F2F I will make an implementation report
... perhaps with a demo
... but mainly the problems we have

7. Test Cases


<trackbot> ACTION-118 -- Michael Hausenblas to come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/- 20) -- due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/118

close ACTIONB-118

close ACTION-118

<trackbot> ACTION-118 Come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/- 20) closed


<trackbot> ACTION-147 -- Michael Hausenblas to add all MF WG members to corrib -- due 2010-03-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/147

scribe: will be done by F2F

Michael: goal of the F2F is to review the TC that are in corrib

Other actions


<trackbot> ACTION-71 -- Michael Hausenblas to investigate whether he could have an implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing -- due 2009-10-14 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/71

Davy: we mostly look at how to generate HTTP headers with js
... not really on parsing media fragments
... Silvia was looking at this

Raphael: I will ask Silvia if she wants to take this action or not at f2f

8. AB

Raphael: is there any other business to discuss?

Next gathering is in Ghent

Michael: will be around most of the time remotely

Silvia: any slots you will 'more' here than others?

<silvia> the morning sessions, as usual

same for conrad

Raphael: we will focus deep discussion during our morning sessions

<silvia> thanks, much appreciated

Raphael: please, all, finish all your actions BEFORE the f2f


SribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/03/03 10:46:43 $