See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 24 February 2010
<hhalpin> scribe: DKA
<hhalpin> PROPOSED: to approve SWXG WG Weekly -- 17 February 2010 as a true record
<hhalpin> ack, let's hold that off - there was a RRSAgent error
<hhalpin> PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. 3rd: TimBL on Clould and Social Computing
<hhalpin> RESOLVED: to meet again Wed. 3rd: TimBL on Clould and Social Computing
<hhalpin> DKA? Thoughts about co-ordination?
<hhalpin> ACTION: [CONTINUES] (4 weeks) danbri and DKA to blog or wikize something on co-ordination in the social web [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action01]
Harry: Want to spend most of this meeting talking about the final report.
DKA: No I don't have an update yet.
<hhalpin> At the end of next month, March 31st.
Harry: We expire at the end of next month - the charter.
<hhalpin> "interim" final report
<hhalpin> in March.
Harry: do we want to ask for an extension? We need to come to consensus on charter extension. We will need to produce an interim final report in march.
<hhalpin> AC Meeting in Cambridge March 22-24th
Harry: it would be good to have something drafted by the A.C. meeting.
<hhalpin> June or Sept (3 or 6)
Harry: should we get formal consensus on a charter extension? then decide what we want to put in the final report. Then, what do we need to do and how long an extension do we want to apply for? Expiring June or Sept.
<hhalpin> Any opinions on this one?
<hhalpin> DKA: don't want to see group go into "zombie" mode
<hhalpin> ... but think an extension is warranted
<hhalpin> ... would like to see it still living
<hhalpin> ... we should have a plan to draw our work to close
<hhalpin> ... am happy to support 3 month extension
<hhalpin> ... would still want to end work in 3 months if we go for 6 months
Harry: looking over at things we have on our list of to-dos:
<hhalpin> We haven't heard from the other side of the OAuth/WRAP controversy
<hhalpin> Ben Laurie (Google) and Eran (Yahoo) said to present the other side.
<hhalpin> We haven't had a suitable review of OpenSocial
<hhalpin> WebApps WG is in process of rechartering
<hhalpin> So they feel there needs to be some co-ordination between them, Contact API, W3C Widgets, and OpenSocial
<hhalpin> and there's still an open idea of doing an internationalization/accessibility review of OpenSocial
<hhalpin> no problems with the Apache Foundations' OpenSocial (Shindig) implementation
<hhalpin> Google Wave
<melvster> yes :)
<hhalpin> major thing
<hhalpin> DKA: What do we do with OAuth/WRAP controversy?
Harry: Back to OpenSocial stuff...
<hhalpin> Social API WG spun off
Harry: Doug Scheppers thought maybe we could get a social API working group spun off.
<hhalpin> and it would have as a complement (orthogonal but compatible) a Social Formats WG (to handle XML/RDF/JSON) formatting issues
<melvster> one sec
<hhalpin> that melvsters URI for comparing PortableContacts with FOAF
Harry: Main issue with the social
formats working group on our end - melvster has put together a
google doc for comparing portable contacts with FOAF.
... other options from XFN, OpenSocial, etc...
... could be useful to sort out how we sort out all these.
<hhalpin> SIOC and the presence ontologyu
Harry: 2nd issue we're facing is
to do with the social APIs - we could make a social formats
working group that models all the social aspects in RDF but we
don't really know if we're going to make a move on this.
... I think all this indicates the need for a 6-month extension.
<melvster> +1 for 6 month extension, aim to finish working version of final report in 3 months
Harry: Opinion from google folks
- they haven't been sold on the value of going to a standards
org for their work. Don't think we can finish the work but we
could ask these folks if they want a working group
... another option - twitter, microblogging and semantic microblogging.
<melvster> AlexPassant wrote semantic open micro blogging too ... http://smob.me/
<hhalpin> Milan's presence ontology would be useful
Harry: Evan might have been interested to write an XG proposal for open microblogging.
<hhalpin> one result if we decide not liason structure and maybe Identity Commons and OpenWeb Foundation.
Harry: we need to have one result of this even if we don't want to charter a working group. We could get a liaison structure going on with Identity Commons and Open Web Foundation.
<melvster> 2 more: Information Cards, Google Social Graph API/Buzz etc.
+1 on putting those liaisons in place.
<melvster> Brad Fitzpatrick
DKA: I would also like to further explore how XMPP and the work we introduced around OneSocialWeb could play a role int he architecture of the social web.
<hhalpin> ACTION: danbri to inquire about BradFitzpatrick and Social Graph API [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-125 - Inquire about BradFitzpatrick and Social Graph API [on Dan Brickley - due 2010-03-03].
<hhalpin> strong opinions re what precisely?
<bblfish> yes, that would be interesting to look at XMPP in web architectural terms, and how one could use rdf in XMPP
<hhalpin> REST-ful API on top of OneSocialWeb
<hhalpin> that would fit in within WebApps Social API WG idea
<hhalpin> and Social Formats WG idea
<melvster> would be awesome
Harry: we could do a real working group on this - there's a tangly mess between XMPP APIs, formats, etc... We need some charter-worthy bullet points for a wg charter on this.
<hhalpin> OneSocialWeb stuff kinda is in between XMPP Foundation and W3C
<hhalpin> OpenSocial stuff is between OpenSocial Foundation
<hhalpin> Google Wave is in Google's hand
<bblfish> no, not me
<hhalpin> RDF and XMPP?
Harry: could bring in OneSocialWeb, Buzz, Wave, maybe Peter St. André...
<bblfish> I think danbri has done some work
Harry: for a future call.
<caribou> can this be summarized and presented in a WBS survey?
Harry: also a story around RDF and HTTP.
+1 to a survey
<hhalpin> so proposals for future topics within XG that *might* be continued afterwards, right caribou?
<hhalpin> ACTION: hhalpin to make WBS survey on ranking future topics to be continued afterwards [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-126 - Make WBS survey on ranking future topics to be continued afterwards [on Harry Halpin - due 2010-03-03].
<hhalpin> Oslo alliance has gone off rader
<hhalpin> from a use-case perspective - policy languages and provenance
<caribou> there's an XG on Provenance already
<rreck> battery died
<hhalpin> np rreck
<hhalpin> tagging videos and tagging images and tagging user profile
<hhalpin> "resource" webarch in the use-case document
<hhalpin> their terminology along with the principles of Anita
<melvster> never done anything like it before, but id be happy to help/review
<bblfish> could help with the use cases...
<hhalpin> open-social and the W3C DAP Contact API
<bblfish> (which I was meant to be working on anyway)
<hhalpin> into that google docs?
<melvster> will look at DAP, PoCo includes OpenSocial
<hhalpin> kevin marks has a copy of that in Google Docs
<hhalpin> ACTION: melvster to look at Contact API and put those in Google Doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - melvster
<hhalpin> ACTION: mcarvalho to look at Contact API and put those in Google Doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - mcarvalho
<melvster> one sec
<melvster> maybe mcarvalh ?
<melvster> ill find it
<hhalpin> ACTION: mcarvalh to look at Contact API and put those in Google Doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-127 - Look at Contact API and put those in Google Doc [on Melvin Carvalho - due 2010-03-03].
<AnitaD> I can support with the landscape overview too
<hhalpin> ACTION: hhalpin to get you data on OpenSocial from Kevin Marks, DAP Contact API work from Thomas Roessler [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-128 - Get you data on OpenSocial from Kevin Marks, DAP Contact API work from Thomas Roessler [on Harry Halpin - due 2010-03-03].
<AnitaD> yes, I can do that and involve our experts :)
<hhalpin> ACTION: Anita to draft XMPP and mobile notes and put them on wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-129 - Draft XMPP and mobile notes and put them on wiki [on Anita Döhler - due 2010-03-03].
[discussion on liaisons with other organizations...]
<hhalpin> ACTION: DKA to discuss liasoning after AC meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action09]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Discuss liasoning after AC meeting [on Daniel Appelquist - due 2010-03-03].
<trackbot> ACTION-130 -- Daniel Appelquist to discuss liasoning after AC meeting -- due 2010-03-03 -- OPEN
<melvster> for the interim report -- do we also want to include a summary of timbl's recommendations (next week) / F2F notes?
<hhalpin> ACTION: melvster to write up F2F notes plus whatever face-to-face stuff TimBl might say [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action10]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - melvster
<bblfish> oops cut off
<hhalpin> ACTION: mcarvalh to write up F2F notes plus whatever face-to-face stuff TimBl might say [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action11]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Write up F2F notes plus whatever face-to-face stuff TimBl might say [on Melvin Carvalho - due 2010-03-03].
+1 to 6 month extension.
<hhalpin> PROPOSAL: to ask for 6 months extension, but aim for having final report done in 3 months
Harry: can we get conesnsus on 6-month extensiton?
<hhalpin> yeah we can put it on the web-form
<hhalpin> 0 = abstrain, correct carine?
<hhalpin> robin berjon he couldn't make 4 PM.
Harry: next week - because of webapps conflicts, they suggested that our discussion could bleed over past 17:00.
<hhalpin> the other go for 3 PM
Harry: other option is we go for 3.
<hhalpin> DKA? 3 or 5 GMT?
All UK times.
<hhalpin> March 10th
DKA: I am happy to start at 3 if necessary.
Harry: that won't start until March 10th.
<hhalpin> ACCEPTED: Consensus on 6-month extension for XG charter, with WBS sent out earlier
<hhalpin> trackbot, end meeting
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Apace/Apache/ Found Scribe: DKA Inferring ScribeNick: DKA Default Present: DKA, AnitaD, melvster, yoshiaki, MacTed, hhalpin, Carine, bblfish, FabGandon, rreck Present: DKA AnitaD melvster yoshiaki MacTed hhalpin Carine bblfish FabGandon rreck Found Date: 24 Feb 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html WARNING: No person found for ACTION item: (4 weeks) danbri and dka to blog or wikize something on co-ordination in the social web [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-swxg-minutes.html#action01] People with action items: anita danbri dka hhalpin mcarvalh mcarvalho melvster[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]