Forms Working Group Teleconference

17 Feb 2010


See also: IRC log


[IBM], wiecha, Steven, ebruchez, Leigh_Klotz, John_Boyer, Nick_van_den_Bleeken


<trackbot> Date: 17 February 2010

<Steven_> Leigh?

<scribe> scribe:nick

Recharter and next f2f

Steven: John_Boyer is correct that the next F2F due to the re-chartering

ebruchez: What is the problem with having the f2f?

Steven: We think new people will join and the F2F is quite close to the recharter date

John_Boyer: Is the f2f not before the next charter will start?

<John_Boyer> if it is then perhaps we won't have an "optics" problem for new members, i.e. we won't be having a ftf they couldn't possibly attend, but rather still having a FtF under the old charter

Steven: They get the results together after the close date, the requested changes are discussed, this can be done not earlier then the 17th which is indeed very close to the AC meeting

John_Boyer: if we are stilled covered by the IP policy and we are still under the old charter, so we maybe can still go through with it and do some extra work, we have a lot of work

Steven: Charlie and Erik want to go forward with it
... I'm there already
... John, Nick also find it ok to proceed with the FtF

RESOLUTION: We will have a FtF in Boston in the week of the AC meeting

<John_Boyer> Steven to request that any recharter announcement should occur only at the end of the month

Steven: We need to buzz the same people that voted for the XF11 advancement

<John_Boyer> of March

<Steven_> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/xforms2009/results

<Steven_> It's member-only

<Steven_> so we can see all but one answer

Steven: I'm going to contact some of those

<Steven_> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

<Steven_> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/forms2010/results

<Steven_> Altova

<Steven_> DAISY

<Steven_> Deutsche Telekom

<Steven_> EMC

<Steven_> Fraunhofer

<Steven_> Helsinki University of Technology

Action item list

We should close actions of Sebstian, Mark Seaborn, Dave Raggett, Joern Turner, Keith Wells, Paul Butcher

<Steven_> trackjbot, help?

<Steven_> trackbot, help

<trackbot> See http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

Workshop on Future Standards for Model-Based User Interfaces

Steven: There is indeed an overlap with XForms
... I got the approval to travel

wiecha: There is some text about XForms in it, we need to look at it
... They are really design oriented

<wiecha> current draft of the xgr: http://bit.ly/94pL7S

<Steven_> Jos� Manuel Cantera Fonseca, Telef�nica I+D

<Steven_> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/94/279083319_506a39c644.jpg

XForms 1.1 Test Suite issues

<Steven_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Feb/0022.html


John_Boyer: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Feb/0025.html
... 10.8.f is ok now, we have a problem with 10.8.e


<Steven_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Feb/0023.html

John_Boyer: The attached did what I asked, it dispatches a cancelable custom event, and stops propagation. But if you read DOM events then you can read that cancelation cancels the defaults action
... so we can't know if you canceled a custom event, bcz. you don't know what the default action of the custom event does
... we could get rid of this test, or we could change the title of the test

wiecha: it should be good to have some more coverage of XML events
... I could do that
... could we add more tests

John_Boyer: that would be another edition of the test suite

Steven: what do we do

wiecha: maybe keep it like it is, test only stop propagation, and add other tests to the next edition

Steven: We could write some more tests at the F2F

<Steven_> Thanks for scribing Nick

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/02/17 17:02:41 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: nick
Inferring ScribeNick: nick
Default Present: [IBM], wiecha, Steven, ebruchez, Leigh_Klotz, John_Boyer, Nick_van_den_Bleeken
Present: [IBM] wiecha Steven ebruchez Leigh_Klotz John_Boyer Nick_van_den_Bleeken
Regrets: Uli
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Feb/0032.html
Found Date: 17 Feb 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/02/17-forms-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]