User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

14 Jan 2010

See also: IRC log


Simon, Kelly, Jeanne, Greg, Henni, Kim
Jim, Mark, Jan
Jim_allan, Kelly_Ford




<trackbot> Date: 14 January 2010

Jeanne will later today post the hotel for the Face to Face.

Review Action Items - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/open

Generally updating past due dates to February.

Jeanne will ping Jim re ACTION-39.

Kelly will ping Mark re ACTION-41.

Jeanne will discuss ACTION-47 with Mark, and we'll take up again next week.

close ACTION-53

<trackbot> ACTION-53 Contact the i18n (Keiko) and PF to see if there are specific needs we to specify for Issue-22 closed

Jeanne reports that ACTION-53 was actually done.

Simon will take over ACTION-162 which Jeanne started.

Kim will email Greg and Mark re ACTION-173 and how it relates to ACTION-150, both dealing with focus.

<jeanne> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2009Apr/0000.html

<jeanne> #55. (Re 4.1.10 **) Clarify difference between 4.1.10 vs. 4.1.11: 4.1.10

<jeanne> and 4.1.11 seem to overlap and the difference between them is unclear.

<jeanne> Were the two supposed to be combined? First, 4.1.9 applies to UI only,

<jeanne> whereas 4.1.10 applies to both UI and rendered content (e.g.

<jeanne> accesskey=). Second, 4.1.9 requires the user be able to assign new

<jeanne> shortcut keys, whereas 4.1.10 does not. (At least not explicitly; see my

<jeanne> other comment on the need to define "override" in these contexts.)

<jeanne> (Priority: 1 High) (Type: Clarify)

Greg will ping Mark re ACTION-183 (Greg's #55).

Simon, re ACTION-211, see transcript at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009JulSep/0018.html

Simon will take over ACTION-211 from Greg.

Kelly will ping Mark re ACTION-226 and ACTION-227.

Kelly will clarify ownership of action items re Guideline 4.9 (Provide control of content that may reduce accessibility), as Simon noted many different people own items in that section.

Jeanne reports ACTION-243 is not applicable to our needs.

close ACTION-243

<trackbot> ACTION-243 Follow up on the spec tool demonstrated at TPAC lightning talks by November 12 closed

ACTION-250 re creating educational video is more appropriate for Education & Outreach working group.

close ACTION-250

<trackbot> ACTION-250 Make agenda item for creating UAAG video closed

Re ACTION-258, Jim sent email to the list with our proposal, so it will be handled in next survey.

Editor's draft and publication prep – What changes have we made? What areas do we want feedback on? Group comes up with details and Jeanne will write.

Jeanne asks everyone to review latest Editor's Draft for the portions they discussed, to make sure what they expected is there.

Jeanne notes we need a status section for next published draft, which would summarize what changed and call for specific feedback we desire from specific audiences.

Jeanne will also use high-level information from the change section to create press announcements.

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/closed

Kelly asks everyone to take some time to try identifying major changes during the last six months.

<jeanne> And changes we made that we want feedback on.

Simon notes useful to review action items closed in the last six months, but not all of them were implemented in that period. Action item closed date isn’t available on the W3 Web site, so one might have to search transcripts for trackbot saying “attempting to close ACTION-”.

F2F - 2/24-26

<jeanne> ACTION: JS to post information for F2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-262 - Post information for F2f [on Jeanne Spellman - due 2010-01-21].

Strategize for candidate recommendation i.e. what browsers will implament our success criteria

<jeanne> We need to have a 2 implementations of each of our success criteria.

Jeanne has a list of success criteria online (just the titles, as a quick-reference).

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2009/UAAGscList.html

One strategy might be to create browser add-ons that implement features we'd like to see but which are not implemented by any browsers.

(Add-ons have shorter development cycle, cheaper cost, and don't require as much red tape, etc.)

Kim notes potential value of brief videos illustrating products meeting specific criteria.

Greg notes also valuable for us to take screen shots illustrating products meeting specific criteria.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JS to post information for F2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/01/14 19:33:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Greg
Inferring Scribes: Greg
Present: Simon Kelly Jeanne Greg Henni Kim
Regrets: Jim Mark Jan
Found Date: 14 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-ua-minutes.html
People with action items: js

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]