HTML Weekly Teleconference

14 Jan 2010






<mjs> hi everyone

<cardona507> good morning

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 14 January 2010

<rubys> ???

<rubys> OK, let's improvise. First, everybody who is on the call who is also on IRC, please state your name.

Paul is on the call and on IRC.

<rubys> sam is on the call and IRC

<Julian> Julian is on the call and IRC

<rubys> John Stewart, Mark Foloder are on the phone

<mjs> I'm on the call too

scribe is paulc

<mjs> ScribeNick: paulc


Due and overdue action items

<scribe> scribe: paulc

<Stevef> regrets can't stay today, re: action on me ACTION-158 (deprecating element handler and role semantics via attributes) on Steve Faulkner


<Stevef> close it as i don't have time to do it

defer issue-32 to Accessiblity TF report



Larry sent an update. no further discussion.

Delay this to the A11Y TF report?

Review of newly submitted and revised Change Proposals

Steve F was no present to speak to this item.

<Stevef> RE: ACTION-158 (deprecating element handler and role semantics via attributes), close it as don't have cycles to do it.

going back to ACTION-158 - Steve want to close action

Closing this has no issue impact since it is not associated with an issue.

<rubys> close action-158

<trackbot> ACTION-158 Bring question to group: Do we want changing of element handler and role semantics via attributes to be deprecated? closed

Issue-32 (table summary) - Change proposal will come next week

Draft proposal can be found in a link to be provided by Cynthia:

<cyns> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010Jan/0157.html

Review of Chair Calls for Proposals

<cyns> decision at html-a11y meeting was to procede with items 1&2 (the summary part) in a change proposal next week, and separate out 3&4, which are around general table accessibility issues.

5 issues with calls for volunteers: 89-92, 95

Opened over the last week by Shelley

Issue 1, 2, 30 have calls for counter proposals

Two issues would close tomorrow but we have a volunteer for issue 79

no volunteer for issue 84 yet

<Julian> I volunteered for ISSUE-79

Larry Masinter has said his proposal for versioning covers 84

both 79 and 84 are thus covered

3 issues under active work but past their deadline

Issue 66 - deadline jan 16 - will deliver tomorrow

other two are 74 (canvas accessiblity): A11Y TF - due late Feb

<mjs> we agreed to push back 81 at the last telecon

Issue 81: representation vs resource - provision due date on Jan 16 on Roy Fielding

<mjs> er, not 81

<mjs> 74

Roy and the chairs are negotiating how to do a specific change proposal

for Issue 81

Review of Chair Calls for Consensus

Publishing Microdata as a separate spec

Ian said it requires a couple of days of work - due early next week

Ian intends to make it more independent of HTML spec and will let us when this is done.

Next WG meeting there will CfC to publish a new "heart beat" set of documents:

HTML5, RDFa, Microdata and Canvas API doc

Canvas API doc = 2D context

progress on publication will be reported to WG next meeting

New issues this week

there are several items up in the air on how to publish - chairs working on this

<scribe> New issues 89-97

Call for volunteers is specifically for 89-92, 95

Others will come later for this batch of new issues.

Status of Task Forces

Accessibility TF report:

Janina: TF started to discuss the possibility of having a F2F meeting focused on A11Y issue (maybe April)
... TF cannot say when they will be concluded - TF is still collection issues and on specific issues
... TF is still scoping bugs to determine grouping and priority
... Scoping of bugs will take another couple of weeks.

Maciej: Interested in TF progress on tracker escalated issues
... understands it will be harder to give status on new bugs

<Laura> Accessibility Change Proposal Status: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Accessibility_Change_Proposal_Status

<scribe> ACTION: janina to update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues by jan 28 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - janina

Janina: Cynthia is coming with a summary proposal but orientation description etc will take longer
... Even though the parts of summary will be dealt with as separate proposals they really need to be adopted together

<Laura> HTML5 Accessibility Bug Status: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Bugs#Bug_Status_Table

janina: Strong support for F2F meeting and agreement to hold poll for F2F anchored on a conference date to encourage as wide as participation as possible

<krisk> Testing Task Force met on 1/12/2010 and will again on 1/26/2010

Testing Task Force

Testing TF: Kris

<krisk> 3 of the 4 due action items completed, remaining item was blocked

<krisk> Testing Task Force started to look at the window object and parser for intial set of HTML5 tests

<krisk> 1 test case submitted by Microsoft for the window object

<krisk> wiki is up at http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing

<krisk> Should be able to move from CVS to Mercurial in Febuary (thanks to the w3c!)

<krisk> Meeting notes -> http://www.w3.org/2010/01/12-htmlt-minutes.html

next Testing TF meeting is Jan 26

No Testing TF questions

Heartbeat requirements

already covered before , Charis will give update next week WG meeting

or before

Scribe for next meeting

<plh> regrets from me

Nice try Philippe!


adjourned at 9:37am PT

<cardona507> thanks everyone

<cardona507> Carlos Cardona was present

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues by jan 28 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/01/14 17:38:59 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: paulc
Found Scribe: paulc
Inferring ScribeNick: paulc
Present: Laura

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Gregory_Rosmaita

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 14 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]