SVG Working Group Teleconference

07 Jan 2010


See also: IRC log


ed, ChrisL, Shepazu, anthony
Patrick, JWatt
anthony, chris




<trackbot> Date: 07 January 2010

<ed> trackbot, start telcon

<trackbot> Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 07 January 2010



was working on ACTION-2697

<scribe> scribenick: chrisl

action items for 1.1SE



<trackbot> ACTION-2358 -- Jonathan Watt to propose wording for the clip path pointer-events erratum and masking/compositing module change -- due 2008-12-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2358


<trackbot> ACTION-2372 -- Doug Schepers to propose revised wording for the errata item "Capturing pointer-events with a zero opacity mask" to clarify it with clip-path -- due 2008-12-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2372

Whos is waiting on what there?

DS: Did we decide to make it undefined

leave to next telcon so JWatt can comment

DS: Sent a draft proposal for the joint CSS SVG taskforce


<trackbot> ACTION-2695 -- Erik Dahlström to investigate getIntersectionList and add clarification to the specification -- due 2009-11-26 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2695

ED: Reviewed one test by Cameron,

<ed> struct-dom-11-f.svg

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/struct-dom-11-f.svg

Opera now passes

ED: Difference of nterpretation on what coordinate system applies
... if there is a veiwbox and a container that does not match that aspect ratio

CL: Is the spec unclear?

ED: Cam and i interpreted it differently

"initial coordinate system"

<ed> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/coords.html#InitialCoordinateSystem

<ed> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/0062.html

ed: edited spec to reword, Cam didn't disagree

cl: does that change affect implementations

ed: not really. mainly an explicit cross link in the spec

cl: seems ok to me


<trackbot> ACTION-2685 -- Erik Dahlström to work on java bindings scripts -- due 2009-10-28 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2685

ed: have to manually copy *changes* to svg.idl from master to publish, these are *not the same* and the publish script does not update the one in publish

<ed> http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/coords-dom-03-f.svg

its in ok. should be marked as accepted

action ERIK make coords-dom-03-f and struct-dom-11-f accepted

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2708 - Make coords-dom-03-f and struct-dom-11-f accepted [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-01-14].

ed: progress on single page PDF. is it manual or automatic

ag: I used safari to make it

ds: cameron made it in the build scriopt for tiny 1.2

cl: maybe uses apache fop?
... we need to make patch files for the tests that batik doesn't pass so we have reference images
... useful to cvs tage the version of errata tests used to exit cr

list of relevant tests is http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/errata/implementation-report.html


<trackbot> ACTION-2477 -- Doug Schepers to propose a solution for ISSUE-2071, referring to external resources and how that affects security (\"tainting\" an svg) and how that might apply to methods like elementFromPoint -- due 2009-02-26 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2477

ds: didn't we talk about that in December, there is a way around it
... will get to it this week


<trackbot> ACTION-2676 -- Chris Lilley to fix the 1.1 second edition wording for values that are accessed where no attribute was provided, http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/svgdom.html#SVGDOMOverview and have it be NaN or 0 with unknown unit depending on the type of domobject -- due 2009-10-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2676

re-assigned to Erik

element and attribute tables

ag: extracting from xml, putting in hash table

ds: please document it so we can keep using it
... in future we might extract this from rng which would make it easier
... can it be written so extraction part and composing/spec making part are semi independent?

ag: yeah
... by swapping in a different xslt
... its a one-shot thing

ds: applies to other specs too, handy tool to have

cl: have a look at tiny1.2 rng if you want

ag: will work on this over the next week

ds: would like integration to be a rec so html can reference it

svg charter update

ed: whats the timeline here?

ds: chartered till march, want to have it ready so ac review before charter ends
... ensure jwat and patrick are there for that one

cl: task force charter does not have ac review

<ed> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0005.html

ds: but needs to be a subset of the deliverables

cl: yes

ed: transitions should be an area of coordinations

<anthony> scribe: anthony

ed: you have advanced text layout here what did you mean by it?

ds: the two bullet points underneath
... they are sub bullet points

ag: might want to turn them into dashes
... to make it more clear they are sub bullet points

ed: i guess the task force would go on for sometime?
... that way Cameron can participate and work on layout

ds: Cameron gave me feedback on this
... I expect him to be back while taskforce is operating
... I can make the suggested changes
... and a draft charter for next Tuesday

<scribe> ACTION: Doug to Create a draft charter [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2709 - Create a draft charter [on Doug Schepers - due 2010-01-14].

<ed> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009OctDec/0068.html

Review of ACTION-2597, Case sensitivity errata


<trackbot> Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel

<ChrisL> ag: wording different because case sensitivity for rgb was different

<ChrisL> ... tiny errata new section above html color keywords

<ChrisL> ed: maybe possible to miss, a link would help

<ChrisL> .. from definition of integer and float func notation to that section

<ChrisL> ... make it clear its different from 1.1

<ChrisL> ... make it easier to spot they are case insensitive

<ChrisL> ag: add links in the first couple of words in that section. will do that

f2f location and date

<ChrisL> I have permission to go to LGB2010 in Brussels, if that affects anything

<ed> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Meetings#F2F_Meeting_Information

<ChrisL> ag: can come to that too

<ChrisL> ds: dom api summic. ecma tc39 is meeting in CA March

<shepazu> ECMA TC39 meeting on March 24-25 at Yahoo

<ChrisL> so a couplde of days after tc39 would be good

<ChrisL> Jon F would be good there

<ChrisL> ds; so fri-sat 26 and 27 for a dom summit?

<ChrisL> ag: priority is the svg f2f

<ChrisL> ed: depends who from opera is going to tc39

<ChrisL> ... probably ok

<ChrisL> ... nice to have some more details to present but couldd do that before the meeting

<ChrisL> ... interesting to go

<ChrisL> lgm is 26-29 May

<ChrisL> http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2010/

<ChrisL> ds: also, remember the mini tp idea?

<ChrisL> ds: maybe minitp 3-5 april

<ChrisL> ... dom summit 1-2 april

<ChrisL> adjourned

<ChrisL> scribe: chris

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Doug to Create a draft charter [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/01/07 21:37:07 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: chrisl
Found Scribe: anthony
Inferring ScribeNick: anthony
Found Scribe: chris
Scribes: anthony, chris
ScribeNicks: chrisl, anthony
Default Present: ed, ChrisL, Shepazu, anthony
Present: ed ChrisL Shepazu anthony
Regrets: Patrick JWatt
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2010JanMar/0001.html
Found Date: 07 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: doug

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]