See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 17 December 2009
<paulc> Good morning/mid-day
<rob> zakim +1.510.495.aaaa is rob
<paulc> We need a scribe volunteer.
<paulc> I expect the meeting will be short so it is a good day to volunteer
<scribe> scribe: Sam
<paulc> Review of action items pending review
<mjs> (sorry, dialing troubles)
<paulc> overdue action items
Adrian: I've updated the action and posted some info on the wiki
Paul: so action 159 is done
<trackbot> ACTION-159 Document Extensibility Use Case for Editors on Wiki closed
<masinter> moves into "pending review" ?
<trackbot> ACTION-159 -- Adrian Bateman to document Extensibility Use Case for Editors on Wiki -- due 2009-12-17 -- CLOSED
paul: action-127 on maciej...
mjs: I have yet to send that out
<paulc> Change to date to Jan 7?
paul: new due date: Jan 7th?
<paulc> Agreed: Change the date to Jan 14
mjs: add an additional week to that...
action-127 due jan 13
<trackbot> ACTION-127 establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts due date now jan 13
<paulc> Jan 13 is better (before the Jan 14 telcon)
paul: action 137 on Richard
<trackbot> ACTION-133 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content -- due 2009-12-17 -- OPEN
Richard: I don't think we are
going to get an accessibility API agreed upon in an HTML5
timeframe, but we are close to an agreement on a shadow-dom
... we need to work on alternative content
... we need to propose additions to css
paul: how do I handle this action item? Change the date?
richard: an accessibility API is not likely in the HTML5 timeframe; for now we will approach this a shadow-dom, and we will need to provide a means for providing alternative content
paul: I'm trying to figure out a correlation to other actions, should we morph this one or change the date or ...
<trackbot> ISSUE-74 -- How accessibility works for <canvas> is unclear. -- OPEN
paul: I believe that we should close 133, and open a new action item that correlates to issue-74
richard: (to dsinger) do you think March is a reasonable date?
dsinger: I think so, as long as it doesn't impact css
<trackbot> ACTION-133 Develop an accessibility API and model for canvas as well as attributes to specify alternative content closed
action on richard to draft a proposal for accessibility of canvas due 25 Feb 2010
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on
action richard to draft a proposal for accessibility of canvas due 25 Feb 2010
<trackbot> Created ACTION-165 - Draft a proposal for accessibility of canvas due 25 Feb 2010 [on Richard Schwerdtfeger - due 2009-12-24].
topic Microdata proposals poll
<paulc> Issue-76 proposals poll
paul: I want to remind everybody
that the poll closes this evening.
... the chairs have scheduled a chairs meeting for tuesday to discuss the results and propose next steps
... the chairs recommendation for the subsequent change proposals is to wait until we have accessed these results first
janina: it is confusing how one can contribute to it and defer to others with more expertise
paul: we are not trying to count, we are trying to get all of the problems enumerated.
janina: it is not clear what utility that poll has then
<masinter> people should put in their opinion in their own words
paul: I encourage everybody to review these: http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html
Paul: as we have gotten no proposal for issue-87, I believe that we close this issue at this time.
<masinter> aren't there 4 issues with deadline of today?
<trackbot> ISSUE-87 -- Should spec require whitespace normalization of attribute values, particularly in title attribute? -- RAISED
<trackbot> ISSUE-87 Should spec require whitespace normalization of attribute values, particularly in title attribute? closed
<masinter> 10 35 73 87?
<oedipus> if it ain't a straw poll, don't call it one, and why if answers are in "essay" form why are the results shoved into a TABLE?
<kliehm> Just wanted to remark that the owner of Issue-88 is now the i18n WG: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2009OctDec/0131.html
<masinter> and 35 and 73 are waiting for "object to closing"
paul: issue-35 is on due jan
... issue-10.. that status may be out of date
... we will recheck on 10
... we will also double check on issue-73
... will do as soon after the meeting as I can
action on paul to recheck status of issues 10 and 73
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on
action paul to recheck status of issues 10 and 73
<trackbot> Created ACTION-166 - Recheck status of issues 10 and 73 [on Paul Cotton - due 2009-12-24].
Paul notes that there are no volunteers yet for most of the calls to proposals
Paul: got input from mnot on
issue-27 and encourages everybody to review
... will need to update issue-74 based on the new action items
Larry: I have a change proposal for versioning (issue-4), and I owe an update to the change proposal, and once updated may also apply to issue-84.
Paul: that still leaves a number of issues without volunteers
Larry: this issue was amicably resolved...
Paul: that distinction is effectively moot
<trackbot> ISSUE-73 Overlap of "predefined vocabularies" with other specifications closed
paul: issues 59 and 67 were originally due today, but have been delayed to January 1
topic New issues this week
cynthia: (accessibility TF) I have an action item to update the proposal for summary due the second week of january
<trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? -- OPEN
paul: can you relate your work to the existing proposal?
cynthia: I'm trying to find a compromise on the hidden meta-data
paul: are you planning to submit another proposal or edit the existing proposal?
cynthia: I plan to replace (refine) the existing proposal...
paul: I'm wondering how we can track that
action cynthia to update table-summary due january 14
<trackbot> Created ACTION-167 - Update table-summary due january 14 [on Cynthia Shelly - due 2009-12-24].
<krisk> No update today from the testing task force, will update the group on jan 7th
<cardona507> Happy Holidays everyone :)
trackbot, generate minutes
<trackbot> Sorry, rubys, I don't understand 'trackbot, generate minutes'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
<paulc> Thanks Sam for scribing today.
<paulc> Have a great holiday everyone.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/form are the/form why are the/ No ScribeNick specified. Guessing ScribeNick: rubys Found Scribe: Sam Default Present: cardona507, Sam, kliehm, Masinter, adrianba, Cooper, dsinger, paulc, Matt_May, Laura, Gregory_Rosmaita, rob, Cynthia_Shelly, Eliot_Graff, mjs, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Janina, Plh, TonyRoss, krisk Present: cardona507 Sam kliehm Masinter adrianba Cooper dsinger paulc Matt_May Laura Gregory_Rosmaita rob Cynthia_Shelly Eliot_Graff mjs Rich_Schwerdtfeger Janina Plh TonyRoss krisk Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Dec/0402.html Found Date: 17 Dec 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-html-wg-minutes.html People with action items: WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]