See also: IRC log
zakim ??P4 is me
<asheth2> Zakim sees me (Amit Sheth) as Prateek
<asheth2> do we have URL for minutes?
<Holger> ScribeNick: Payam
Holger, we will wait til we have something represantable for the ontology
on page 4, you have a figure, is that the core ontology?
Michael explaining the core ontology from the paper (page 4)
Amit, we can add other ontologies to the core; e.g OWL-time, geo-location
Amit, main dometions are spatial, temporal, and theme
<JohnGraybeal> I'm confused -- If we get sufficiently atomic, we don't have to model anything -- everything that describes a sensor can be found in some other ontology. ?
Amit, discussing need for an upper ontology and mapping to other concepts
<krp> No that's right!
<asheth2> Key issue is how to use an uppoer ontology and specific ontologies that bring in sensor, time, locaction and thematic dimensions-- the framework for this
John, there are multiple ontolgies which are contradictory; depending which ontology we choose, relations between cpncepts will be different
Michael, the are Unit of measurments, location, etc. ontologies ... which are core aspects which need to there
Action Michael to add a page to wiki regarding the ontology
<scribe> ACTION: Michael to add a page to wiki regarding the ontology [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-SSN-minutes.html#action01]
<krp> Sounds right for the EU
Holger: Timeslot(s) for telephone conferences
discussion on the timeslot to continue on the mailing list
before discussing extenstion packages on the ontologies; we need to discuss the current status of the ontology
John, whether this core satisfies the use case, and everybody should comment on this - it is on the wiki
Holger: one solution is having a dedicated phone call to discuss this, another solution discussing it in f2f meeting
<JohnGraybeal> the link is http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Favorite_Use_Cases_List
<JohnGraybeal> instructions are at the top...
[Action] all to discuss the usecase in two weeks
[Action] all to discuss the core concepts of the ontology
[Action]: all to discuss the usecase in two weeks
<michael> I'm putting up a wiki page aswell
[Action]: all to discuss the core concepts of the ontology
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found ScribeNick: Payam Inferring Scribes: Payam WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found. Default Present: Holger, Payam, +1.202.408.aaaa, +1.650.450.aabb, krp, Prateek, michael Present: Holger Payam +1.202.408.aaaa +1.650.450.aabb krp Prateek michael WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 26 Aug 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-SSN-minutes.html People with action items: michael WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option. WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found! Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>. Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of new discussion topics or agenda items, such as: <dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]