HTML Weekly Teleconference

23 Jul 2009



Joshue, SteveF




<pimpbot> heycam: Sent 1 hour and 38 minutes ago: <MikeSmith> Cameron, please ping me when you get on

<heycam> MikeSmith, ping?

<MikeSmith> heycam: mornin'

<heycam> g'day

<pimpbot> changes: "mike: [specbuild] unwind a mistake I made that was do dumb I surprised myself with the novelty of my own stupidity" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2009Jul/0197.html>

<johndrinkwater> /sb clear

<johndrinkwater> oops :)

<MikeSmith> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 23 July 2009

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-07-23 from Sam Ruby on 2009-07-22 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2009) (at lists.w3.org)

<johndrinkwater> :)

<kliehm> Oh, that's probably me. I'm new, so I haven't got a clear idea yet.

<scribe> scribe: ChrisWilson

<scribe> scribenick: ChrisWilson

sr: first item: summary attrib, but apparently more people will be joining, so perhaps we should wait?

JR: we can move up issue-13 - there's no new draft, just push date +1 month


<cyns> IBM Cambridge is the WAI-PF Face to Face

SR: let's take up issue-32 (table summary)



<trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-32 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

SR: proposal has been sent to me, can I fwd to the mailing list?

<Laura> Josh mentioned to me that he had sent his survey text to you Sam. The impression that I got was that he considers action 128 finished.

MichaelCooper: go ahead and fwd

SR: action 111/127/128 have been done, wiki is updated, given comments are listed I think we can proceed with a vote?

LM: vote or straw poll?

<richardschwerdtfe> +1

SR: straw poll

<cyns> +1


<trackbot> ISSUE-41 -- Decentralized extensibility -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41

<J_Voracek> +1

CW: didn't complete this week, though I have started - moved out +1 week


<trackbot> ISSUE-59 -- Should the HTML WG produce a separate document that is a normative language reference and if so what are the requirements -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/59

<MikeSmith> Zakin, unmute me

MS: due date is today but I'm going to have to change it again.

LM: any update? MS: still need to finish document, but not ready to post draft. +2 weeks


<trackbot> ACTION-132 -- Steve Faulkner to report on canvas accessibility -- due 2009-07-23 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/132

<Laura> A canvas task force is being formed.

SR: Anyone wish to talk about canvas accessibility

<Laura> HTML WG members as well as all interested parties are welcome. The first meeting is expected to take place in the 1st or 2nd week of August.

<Laura> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0562.html

<Laura> New canvas Element Accessibility Issues Wiki Page

<Laura> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AddedElementCanvas

SR: what should the deferred due date be?

<richardschwerdtfe> please extend the due date

CS: +3 weeks is probably good.

<richardschwerdtfe> I will participate in looking at it

CS: if there are others that would like to participate in TF, we'd be happy to have you.

SR: done with items on agenda, anything else?

<kliehm> I'd be happy to participate in the TF.

<dsinger> dave singer wants to help with canvas accessibility

<dsinger> if he can (!)

LM: there's an IETF meeting next week - I've produced a new draft of IRI document with Martin (& ?) that defines HREF, hopefully capable of being a reference for HTML5.
... I'd urge people to review it.

<Julian> Martin Dürst

<Julian> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duerst-iri-bis-06

me sorry, missed a few seconds - spilled my coffee

<cyns> Dave, yes, please. Contact Steve Faulkner

LM: meeting is Thursday in Stockholm in the evening

<cyns> (Kliehm too)

<DanC> BOF info http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/BarBofs/IETF75/IriIssues

<DanC> IRI draft for review http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duerst-iri-bis

<Julian> Thursday, 30 July, 7:30pm - 8:45pm

LM: other thing at IETF meeting is another meeting of the HTTP update working group - some of the topics from the HTML doc (e.g. origin-header, et al) will likely be discussed there.

<J_Voracek> My apologies for missing a few seconds. I was mysteriously disconnected from the IRC.

SR: any other business?

CS: are people aware of the article about process that Manu recently posted?

<cyns> http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/a-new-way-forward/

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0660.html

<Julian> BTW IETF HTTPbis WG Agenda for Stockholm meeting: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/agenda?item=agenda75.html>

I agree with a lot of what Manu says; I need to re-read more deeply his document.

<cyns> +!

<cyns> +1

SR: anything else?
... adjourned

<Laura> bye

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/07/23 16:26:53 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/?/MichaelCooper/
Succeeded: s/MC/LM/
Found Scribe: ChrisWilson
Inferring ScribeNick: ChrisWilson
Found ScribeNick: ChrisWilson

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: CS CW ChrisWilson DanC Darxus Dashiva Gottfried Gottfried_Zimmermann Hixie IBMCambridge JR J_Voracek Julian LM Lachy Laura MS Marcos MichaelC MichaelCooper Microsoft Mike MikeSmith Murray_Maloney P11 P18 P6 P8 Philip ROBOd Sam Sander Shunsuke Thomas Title Yudai aaaa aabb aacc adele alexf anne2 annevk becka11y billmason changes clown cyns dbaron deltab dsinger ed_work gavin gavin_ gsnedders heycam html-wg inimino janina jmb johndrinkwater joined karl kliehm krijnh laplink maddiin masinter mattmay myakura phenny pimpbot richardschwerdtfe rubys rubys1 scribenick shepazu sr takkaria timelyx tlr trackbot webben webben_ work xover
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Joshue SteveF
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009JulSep/0005.html
Found Date: 23 Jul 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/07/23-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]