W3C

Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

08 Jan 2009

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
adam, jo, Francois, DKA, dom, achuter, SeanP, miguel
Regrets
DavidStorey, rob, BruceLawson, VicquiChan, SangwhanMoon, Bryan, Abel, nacho, Kai, yeliz
Chair
DKA
Scribe
Adam

Contents


Errata

francois: Can we take a resolution to edit the MWBP errata, please?

francois: Just need groups approval to add these comments to the errata page.

<dom> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/

<francois> First erratum

<francois> Second erratum

<dom> trackbot, filter any resignation from jo

<trackbot> Sorry, dom, I don't understand 'trackbot, filter any resignation from jo'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

jo: will you acknowledge the comments when you update?

francois: yes.

dka: don't think we need a resolution, just go ahead.

<DKA> No objections noted.

MWABP Status Update

<francois> Last published draft of MWABP

dka: Got new draft out before the end of the year. Should lead to additional interest.
... Further updates? Feedback ?

<jo> Jo's Comments on MWABP

adam: I've received comments from Jo, but nothing else. Will fold in Jo's comments and wait for further comments (external or otherwise) before proceeding.

jo: Comments are in the form of an updated draft. (Link inlined).

CT Status (and merging calls)

dka: Should we remerge CT task-force back into general BP work ?

<jo> [fewer rather than less Dan]

dka: I think this is a good thing: fewer calls, increased focus now we are in final stretch.
... Both documents need to be finished up by end of June, btw.

<francois> Questionnaire's results on merged call

jo: CT doc awaits update from Jo, but it's coming really soon.
... Key issues... question of HTTPS; wording around treating content apparently created for mobile.

francois: Agree that merging calls would help drive these issues to conclusion in the larger group.

jo: Yes, right time to merge calls and get group consensus.
... On the subject of attendance, CT call tends to be well attended.

dka: Not proposing that we demote CT task-force to not being a task-force... Just suggesting that we combine calls.

francois: Not really sure there's a difference.
... Should also move back to general mailing list to ensure everyone engages with discussion.

<DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls.

dka: Proposal is also to move the main call to Tuesday (CT slot).

jo: Has a conflict and can only make 1hr in that slot.

dka: Suggest moving the Tuesday call 1hr earlier.

<dom> so the proposal is Tuesday 2pm UTC, right?

<DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot an hour earlier on Tuesday at 14:00 UK.

dka: Bryan might be adversely affected though. Because this will be early in the day for him.

francois: Could we just move call to 2:30 instead ?

<dom> no problem to start at 1/2h

<DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK.

<francois> +1

<DKA> +1

<achuter> +1

<SeanP> +1

<jo> +1

+1

<DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented pending feedback from Bryan.

<dom> I'm a bit concerned about changing the schedules without asking more people...

dka: To be implemented pending feedback from Bryan.

<DKA> RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented next week as a trial pending feedback from members not on the call.

<dom> +1

<jo> +1 post facto

RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented next week as a trial pending feedback from members not on the call.

<DKA> Note: the call time is the only thing pending feedback. Everything else needs to be actioned.

<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Big thanks to Francois for his extremely capable Leadership of CT Task Force

<dom> +1

<DKA> +1

<SeanP> +1

RESOLUTION: Big thanks to Francois for his extremely capable Leadership of CT Task Force

Open Actions

<dom> ACTION-882?

<trackbot> ACTION-882 -- Daniel Appelquist to encourage people to answer the poll. -- due 2008-11-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/882

<dom> close ACTION-882

<trackbot> ACTION-882 Encourage people to answer the poll. closed

<dom> close ACTION-888

<trackbot> ACTION-888 Be lucky :-) closed

<francois> ACTION-890?

<trackbot> ACTION-890 -- Eduardo Casais to provide a short definition of "pagination". -- due 2008-12-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/890

<dom> close ACTION-890

<trackbot> ACTION-890 Provide a short definition of "pagination". closed

<dom> close ACTION-874

<trackbot> ACTION-874 Refine the wording on graceful degradation trimming and making more explicit the text closed

<dom> I think this refers to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007/00-part

<dom> ACTION-855: Bryan's contribution being http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007/00-part

<trackbot> ACTION-855 Add an appendix on device info based on Bryan's contribution with a placeholder for additional device capabilities that are implied by the BP2 BPs. notes added

<dom> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/pendingreview

<dom> ACTION-786?

<trackbot> ACTION-786 -- Jo Rabin to draft wording for an appendix that identifies the aggregators and operator roles that are different in the mobile ecosystem. -- due 2008-06-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/786

<dom> Jo's contribution on the role of aggregators and operator

<dom> ACTION-790?

<trackbot> ACTION-790 -- Alan Chuter to produce some text around accessibility of Javascript for Web Application Best Practices -- due 2008-07-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790

<dom> Alan's contribution

<dom> ACTION: Adam to review Alan's http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-894 - Review Alan's http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html [on Adam Connors - due 2009-01-15].

<dom> close ACTION-792

<trackbot> ACTION-792 Propose some text on SVG closed

<dom> ACTION-873?

<trackbot> ACTION-873 -- Daniel Appelquist to provide some words on conservative use of resources -- due 2008-10-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/873

<dom> ACTION-837?

<trackbot> ACTION-837 -- Kai Scheppe to provide explanatory text for the addendum which will put the document (mobileOK Pro Tests 1) in the correct context and explain to the audience that it is intended to aid content authors in creating still better content. -- due 2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837

<dom> ACTION-857?

<trackbot> ACTION-857 -- Alan Chuter to initiate discussion on ISSUE-282 (Overlap) -- due 2008-10-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/857

<dom> close ACTION-857

<trackbot> ACTION-857 Initiate discussion on ISSUE-282 (Overlap) closed

<dom> ACTION-869?

<trackbot> ACTION-869 -- Jo Rabin to review the mobileOK license in more details and send further questions to rigo -- due 2008-10-27 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/869

<dom> Jo: no feedback from rigo

ACTION-876?

<trackbot> ACTION-876 -- Adam Connors to send to Jeff list of test cases that Jeff can inflict on a grad student. -- due 2008-10-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/876

dka: Reassign to Jeff since action is now pending some potential results from grad. student.

ACTION-879?

<trackbot> ACTION-879 -- Fran├žois Daoust to ask [someone] about adding IETF headers -- due 2008-11-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/879

close ACTION-879

<trackbot> ACTION-879 Ask [someone] about adding IETF headers closed

F2F meetings

dka: Last conversation last yr was to decide that we couldn't get good attendance for the Korean meeting due to budget constraints.
... So we don't now have a plan for a near-term F2F.

<dom> Process document on F2F meetings: 8 weeks advance notice

dka: 18th/19th March in Boston would work well for me.

<achuter> That's Easter Week

achuter: Actually, maybe that isn't easter week.

<SeanP> Easter is April 12, 2009

dka: We would need a host in any case.

<dom> ACTION: Dan to look for a potential host for a meeting in Boston week of March 18 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-895 - Look for a potential host for a meeting in Boston week of March 18 [on Daniel Appelquist - due 2009-01-15].

dka: We will create a poll to confirm dates and also location.

jo: We will also need to plan for a concluding F2F.

<achuter> bye all

<miguel> bye

<jsmanrique> bye

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Adam to review Alan's http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Dan to look for a potential host for a meeting in Boston week of March 18 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/01/08 16:17:31 $