See also: IRC log
<raphael> Frank Nack and I will share a phone
<frank> hi all
<fsasaki> ACTION: Felix to check WG participant mailing list subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed automatically [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Check WG participant mailing list subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed automatically [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-10-07].
something asking about how to have the meeting
fsasaki: for today we will not discuss much, but mainly go briefly through each issue and distribute action items.
<fsasaki> previous minutes approved: http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-mediaann-minutes.html
fsasaki: next week will be Oct 7. 13 UTC
<wbailer> i volunteer for scribing next week
fsasaki: that's great.
fsasaki: Dec. 9,10 including joint meeting with Media Fragments WG
raphael: media fragments WG decided last week, f2f meeting, on Dec 9, 10
<dsinger> alas, dec 9,10 I will be at a Blu-ray meeting (probably Japan)
fsasaki: only one, new added. check the scribe and emails
<raphael> wonders whether the group participants should create a wiki account of if such an account has already been created?
fsasaki: you can edit wiki pages with your w3c login name / pw for this working group
Joakim: many candidate use cases relate to mobile aspects
<Joakim> ACTION: Joakim to describe mobile aspects to use cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Describe mobile aspects to use cases [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-07].
<fsasaki> 6054 Formats in scope / out of scope http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/formats/results
fsasaki: did not have lots of responses on 6054
... delay discussion of the questionnaire again
<frank> regarding the mobile use case: is the aim to add automatically localisation data - as for images on flickr?
<fsasaki> 6064 Use case "Services by using an unified media annotation"
fsasaki: call for volunteer to provide more
... and put the information for the use case to wiki
Tobias: will put XG related use case into the WIki
<fsasaki> ACTION: Tobias to put XG use cases into wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-8 - Put XG use cases into wiki [on Tobias Bürger - due 2008-10-07].
6065 Use case "Video on IPTV"
fsasaki: any ideas about this one ?
wbailer no use cases linked with video at all expect this one
fsasaki: ask somebody to elaborate this use case
Joakim will do this
<Joakim> ACTION: Joakim elaborates on the video use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-9 - Elaborates on the video use case [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-07].
6066 Requirement "Covering variations across locales"
fsasaki: anybody want to work on
this requirement ?
... propose to drop it ?
Dave: pretty tricky one, maybe leave it, will provide more information later
ACTION-9 Dave to elaborate 6066
<scribe> ACTION: Dave to elaborate 6066 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Dave
6067 Use case "Audiovisual archive as a Cultural Heritage institution"
fsasaki: any volunteers want to create information in wiki
<raphael> Veronique is interested in this use case
<scribe> ACTION: Vassilis to create information in wiki about 6067 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ??
Vassilis: what about split the use case into two
werner: application / technique points of view, interoperate problem, search problem
Vassilis: very important issue, not only ontology, but more to be covered
<frank> if the search problem is seperated - what is the difference to 6083
fsasaki: we have to see the result to seperate 6067
6068 Use case "Metadata to help promoting safe environments"
fsasaki: ask for volunteer to work on this oen
<raphael> this use case comes from the POWDER WG
<raphael> ... and Phil Archher
fsasaki: more discussions were required
6069 Use case "Multi media and semantic web technologies"
fsasaki: too general, will be dropped
<raphael> agree to drop
6077 Use case "Photo"
fsasaki: call for volunteers to work on it
Felix: look for volunteers 6083
Vassilis: it's too specific to semantic technology, also to multi media
6078 Use case "Music"
fsasaki: use wiki to write is recommend
6085 Use case "multimedia sharing"
call for volunteers to produce material
... volunteers for 6086, 6109 ?
<frank> happy to fill in 6084 and 6086
<scribe> ACTION: frank will work on 6084 and 6086 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-10 - Will work on 6084 and 6086 [on Frank Nack - due 2008-10-07].
6113 Requirement "Allowing for a simple API, abstraction in the ontology, and a clear mediation inbetween"
<dsinger> I like the way this is phrased! (Maybe it was from my mail)
fsasaki: explaining 6113 , question is how to make it happen
ACTION dsinger will work more on this issue 6113
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - dsinger
Raphael: it would be better have a idea what does it mean to provide this API
Raphael: better to postpone this issue when ontology is ready
fsasaki: if we postpone work on the API, we will be very slow,
and the relation between the API and the ontology will become unclear & hard to create
later. Maybe we should work on both of them at the same time.
... most of people here are interested on ontology, so I am also looking for people to working on this API
6126 Machine readable license data
fsasaki: already discussed a lot in the mail list, any feeling whether we need to specify ontology on this kind of data
rapheal: IPTC, they did some work on it, the result is to put this part as a link to other vocabularies, such as MPEG-21,
<frank> I agree with Raphael
a good approach
... it's a good approach
... thanks for all,
<fsasaki> thanks for scribing, hui