eGovernment Interest Group - Chairs + TF Coordinators Call

26 Sep 2008

See also: IRC log


Josema, John Sheridan, Kevin Novak, Oscar AzaƱon (part)
Chris Testa
Kevin, John


josema: welcome ideas on how to move forward

john: I have some ideas that can share
... we need to focus on basic things

[talk about US/UK approaches]

[practicalities, is WebArch really understood?]

[key: how we can support the people involved in those projects to understand the basics]

[maybe we take some from granted, but it should be understandable for them]

[need to improve the way we communicate wrt standards]

[from W3C stack of technologies to useful government suite of W3C standards]

[risk of some people thinking this too easy, but a long standing challenge]

[we need to contextualize]

[we could do start it ourselves, but how to engage the Group?]

[but it's very inclusive activity, everybody can contribute]

[use cases: we are not expecting people to get to any technical detail]

[we were expecting simple things, overview]

[risk of people going into very technical detail]

[agreement on that we need to go ahead with this]

[basic use cases + good practice on how to use the basics]

[example topic: content syndication]

john: working on something along these lines
... will be able to share in a while
... we should start with very simple diagrams
... very simple text
... two step process: very easy first, and then guidance on
... W3C standards use

josema: where to start? compilation of use cases?

john: could be ok as start but from elementary level
... not deeply technical stuff

[another key issue: provenance and authoritative source of information]

[...and need to achieve trust]

[another topic: what information should be available for free or paid for]

[scope is getting huge again though]

kevin: pressure to agencies to make their data openly available
... but big challenge: how they can control is used according to the "terms of service"

john: and you enter the licensing issues world...

[need a use case on trust/authority/provenance]

josema: regular chairs call?

kevin: ok

oscar: ok

john: ok, but better one hour later than group

RESOLUTION: chairs call at 15:00 UTC every other week (starting on 2008-10-08)

josema: how to proceed?

kevin: need to discuss by email
... john and I, then present to the Group

ACTION kevin, john to prepare agenda for next Group call


Summary of Action Items

ACTION-8 and ACTION-9 john, kevin to discuss by email prepare agenda for next Group call

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/10/01 10:01:14 $