SVG Working Group Teleconference

11 Sep 2008

See also: IRC log


Andrew_Sledd, Doug_Schepers, anthony, aemmons




<trackbot> Date: 11 September 2008

<shepazu> http://schepers.cc/?p=71


AG: finished generating references, and made fixes
... some of the animation tests revision numbers don't match
... all the ones I checked have matching revision numbers, but the ones I haven't checked I'm not sure about

ED: how many are left to check?

AG: ~190 tests to check

ED: if the reference and the testcase pass criteria don't match, which is the true pass criteria?

AG: testsuite doesn't say currently

DS: we can publish the testsuite, and come back and change the mismatches in the coming weeks

<anthony> fonts-desc-03-t.svg

<anthony> fonts-desc-05-t.svg

AG: came across two tests (above)
... they're font-matching tests
... both have status="accepted" but are not approved yet
... from svg basic 1.1
... bitflash and opera pass fonts-desc-03-t.svg
... bitflash passes the 05 as well

<anthony> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/fonts-desc-03-t.svg

<anthony> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/fonts-desc-05-t.svg



ED: we'll come back to these for the next release we make of the testsuite

<anthony> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/animate-elem-201-t.svg?sortby=file


AG: will choose a smaller fontsize and regenerate
... so we'll go ahead and publish, some of the references will have mismatching revision numbers

NH: can I help out?

AG: checking references against each test is useful, but we can do it after the publication
... would be good

NH: when is the publication?

AG: asap
... will contact CL to push it out


DS: made changes to the spec in the past few days, please check them
... most from actions
... put in criteria for search-engines
... hopefully useful for search-engines...
... still working on dom 3 events -> udom, should be done later today
... then I need to put the highlevel view of the changes
... and making it pubrules compliant
... CL and me are probably the only ones to have spec-editing actions left
... made some notes about what might be broken in the schema
... that's something that can be fixed while we're in LC
... finishing up title and desc, changelog and dom3events...those are the only things holding up the publication

<shepazu> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0262.html

DS: we had agreed to add @rel and @rev to svgt12
... spoke to some microformat people, and there are some attributes missing for rdfa
... this along with ARIA will allow svg to be processed in more interesting ways
... added the 9 attributes and 'role'
... only requirement is to put them into the DOM

AE: if it's XML then it'll be in the dom, no additional impl. burden

NH: i agree

DS: ok
... so AE did you do the action for 'static'/bufferedrendering

AE: yes

DS: is a good addition to svg

NH: agree


AG: did you check revision numbers on the ones you checked?

AE: most of them yes, converted most to use svg patchfiles
... some of the media-anim ones are wrong, because it wasn't supported in batik
... I could go through and make mockups for those

ED: think we should do that after publication yes
... svgpatchfiles are much simpler to handle than the png ones

AG: ok, will send out an email and we can go through the ones that we have to fix up





DS: curious about deployment patterns
... content on mobiles is a bit dynamic, right? because of sandboxing

NH: we have different mobile and tv solutions, so there are different players out there
... may be a problem if the content is using the old way of accessing the content

DS: could you deploy it as having both?

NH: yes

ED: or simply ask them to change the content

DS: this is the reason we want to change it: it'll ease our transition to the next phase
... will help people making content, to move content out on the web as browsers see it
... the impact on your impl. is probably smaller than if we wait and try to do it later

NH: will get back to you in two hours or so

ED: it's mostly about changing the name, the functionality will still be there

NH: right, will research how it would affect us
... some solutions use an svgplayer and then have a bunch of svgfiles and scripts
... others package svgfiles with the player that isn't dynamically updated
... some use dynamic updates from a server

RESOLUTION: we will remove SVGDocument.global and replace it with defaultView from DOM 2 Views

<scribe> ACTION: ed to remove SVGDocument.global replacing it with defaultView in the 1.2T spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2190 - Remove SVGDocument.global replacing it with defaultView in the 1.2T spec [on Erik Dahlström - due 2008-09-18].

trackbot, make minutes

<trackbot> Sorry, ed, I don't understand 'trackbot, make minutes'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: ed to remove SVGDocument.global replacing it with defaultView in the 1.2T spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/09/11 11:46:41 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: ed
Inferring Scribes: ed
Default Present: Andrew_Sledd, Doug_Schepers, anthony, aemmons
Present: Andrew_Sledd Doug_Schepers anthony aemmons

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 11 Sep 2008
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: ed

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]