HTML WG Weekly

31 Jul 2008


See also: IRC log


ChrisWilson, Cynthia_Shelly, DanC, Gregory_Rosmaita, Julian, Laura, Laura_Carlson, Doug_Schepers_(Shepazu), robburns, takkaria
Joshue, Josh_O_Connor


Convene, review agenda

<ChrisWilson> review issues discussed this week

<scribe> scribe: DanC

<ChrisWilson> any additional agenda items? Going once...twice...?

aria-processing (ISSUE-35), aria-role ISSUE-14


<trackbot> ACTION-73 -- Dan Connolly to follow up on WAI-ARIA markup thread, emphasizing the conformance point -- due 2008-07-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/73

DanC: in progress.

<ChrisWilson> due today: action-23, on Joshue


<trackbot> ACTION-23 -- Joshue O Connor to coordinate tests using ARIA -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23

<oedipus> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria - new editor's draft impending

<oedipus> new conformance wording and host embedding verbiage - will be pushed to TR space soon

<DanC_> good to know, oedipus

<oedipus> danC, the new TR has revised verbiage about host language embedding and aaron leventhal is working with a team of implementors on a User Agent Implementation Guide to ARIA

GR: at our last ftf [when?] we discussed test suite building and who was to do which parts...
... but we're working on issues on host language embedding...
... to appear in upcoming WD

DanC: best guess at next checkpoint? Dec? Oct?

GR: Oct is a target


<trackbot> ACTION-23 -- Joshue O Connor to coordinate tests using ARIA -- due 2008-10-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23


<trackbot> ACTION-54 -- Chris Wilson to ask PF WG to look at drafted text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54

CW: on action-54, I meant to set the date to 6 Aug; we're waiting for something from WAI PF

<ChrisWilson> done

<Laura> We are still waiting for a reply from the PFWG for Action Item 54 regarding

<Laura> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Mar/0234.html

<Laura> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0408.html

<Laura> Action 54 is dependent on PF's response. Request for an Action Item 54 time extension until there is a response from the PFWG.

<takkaria> http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5/MediaSpecifcElements might be of interest, too

<oedipus> takkaria, that's part of a rudimentary collection page for PF issues to coordinate with and review for HTML5

<oedipus> http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5 is main page

<oedipus> takkaria, the media specific elements is an action item i have from the PF face to face

<oedipus> takkaria, we (PF) were asked to outline and define requirements

<oedipus> ARIA User Agent Implementors Guide (Moz Dev doc) - http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA_to_API_mapping

ISSUE-37 html-svg-mathml

DS: there's discussion on SVG itself and on more general integration issues
... Hixie says he hasn't yet reviewed the SVG WG proposal. Some comments from hsivonen are pending; vacations make progress slow

<ChrisWilson> any other issues to discuss?

publication schedule

DS: I note recent mail from Mike Smith re publication schedule

CW: overly frequent publication is somewhat expensive for me, for monitoring the scope

<oedipus> next steps on forms? GJR's thoughts (logged as part of survey/vote): http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07

<oedipus> requirements & recommendations on forms in HTML5: http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07

DS: forms likely to land in October?

CW: or sooner; as forms are clearly in our charter, that's not burdensome

<robburns> :-)

<ChrisWilson> (but we do need to honor the publication schedule)

<ChrisWilson> move to adjourn

<oedipus> second

<ChrisWilson> adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/07/31 18:41:18 $