IRC log of html-wg on 2008-07-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
15:57:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-irc
15:57:46 [DanC]
Zakim, this will be html
15:57:47 [Zakim]
ok, DanC; I see HTML_WG()12:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
15:58:19 [takkaria]
oh, I'm around for the html wg meeting today, interesting
15:58:24 [ChrisWilson]
agenda?
15:58:36 [ChrisWilson]
agenda+ ask for additional agenda items
15:59:09 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has now started
15:59:16 [Zakim]
+Gregory_Rosmaita
15:59:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.218.349.aaaa
15:59:28 [ChrisWilson]
agenda+ review overdue actions from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda
15:59:31 [Zakim]
-Gregory_Rosmaita
15:59:32 [Zakim]
+Gregory_Rosmaita
15:59:38 [Zakim]
+Julian
15:59:43 [robburns]
robburns has joined #html-wg
15:59:55 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:59:59 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, microsoft is me
16:00:01 [Zakim]
+ChrisWilson; got it
16:00:26 [Zakim]
-Gregory_Rosmaita
16:01:00 [ChrisWilson]
agenda+ review action items due today
16:01:02 [Zakim]
+Gregory_Rosmaita
16:01:12 [oedipus]
zakim, mute Gregory_Rosmaita
16:01:12 [Zakim]
Gregory_Rosmaita should now be muted
16:01:15 [ChrisWilson]
review issues discussed this week
16:01:31 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, take up item 1
16:01:31 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "ask for additional agenda items" taken up [from ChrisWilson]
16:01:40 [Zakim]
+DanC
16:01:51 [ChrisWilson]
always forget that... aAny offers to scribe?
16:02:22 [ChrisWilson]
meeting: html-wg chair: ChrisWilson
16:02:57 [Julian]
Dan: could you say something?
16:03:00 [Zakim]
-ChrisWilson
16:03:18 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:03:24 [Zakim]
+ +0161442aabb
16:03:30 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, microsoft is me
16:03:30 [Zakim]
+ChrisWilson; got it
16:03:37 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, who is on the phone
16:03:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', ChrisWilson
16:03:44 [DanC]
Zakim, who's talking?
16:03:54 [Zakim]
DanC, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +0161442aabb (8%), +1.218.349.aaaa (79%), DanC (69%)
16:04:08 [Laura]
zakim, 1.218.349.aaaa is Laura
16:04:08 [Zakim]
sorry, Laura, I do not recognize a party named '1.218.349.aaaa'
16:04:16 [DanC]
Zakim, mute Laura
16:04:16 [Zakim]
sorry, DanC, I do not know which phone connection belongs to Laura
16:04:18 [Zakim]
+??P14
16:04:19 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, aaaa is Laura
16:04:20 [Zakim]
+Laura; got it
16:04:26 [DanC]
Zakim, mute Laura
16:04:26 [Zakim]
Laura should now be muted
16:04:45 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, unmute Laura
16:04:45 [Zakim]
Laura should no longer be muted
16:04:50 [Laura]
regrets+ Joshue
16:04:53 [takkaria]
Zakim: +0161442aabb is me
16:04:57 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, mute Laura
16:04:57 [Zakim]
Laura should now be muted
16:05:03 [DanC]
Zakim, aabb is takkaria
16:05:03 [Zakim]
+takkaria; got it
16:05:16 [DanC]
scribe: DanC
16:05:30 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, agenda?
16:05:30 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
16:05:32 [Zakim]
1. ask for additional agenda items [from ChrisWilson]
16:05:34 [Zakim]
2. review overdue actions from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda [from ChrisWilson]
16:05:35 [Zakim]
3. review action items due today [from ChrisWilson]
16:05:36 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:05:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:05:50 [ChrisWilson]
any additional agenda items? Going once...twice...?
16:06:01 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, close item 1
16:06:01 [Zakim]
agendum 1, ask for additional agenda items, closed
16:06:02 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:06:03 [Zakim]
2. review overdue actions from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda [from ChrisWilson]
16:06:09 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, take up item 2
16:06:09 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "review overdue actions from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda" taken up [from ChrisWilson]
16:06:11 [robburns]
zakim, present+ robburns
16:06:12 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'present+ robburns', robburns
16:06:42 [oedipus]
present+ robburns
16:06:43 [ChrisWilson]
action-73 on dan...
16:06:55 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:06:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:07:34 [oedipus]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
16:07:38 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:07:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:07:41 [DanC]
ACTION-73?
16:07:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-73 -- Dan Connolly to follow up on WAI-ARIA markup thread, emphasizing the conformance point -- due 2008-07-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:07:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/73
16:08:23 [oedipus]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria - new editor's draft impending
16:08:44 [oedipus]
new conformance wording and host embedding verbiage - will be pushed to TR space soon
16:08:52 [DanC]
DanC: in progress.
16:09:02 [DanC]
good to know, oedipus
16:09:06 [shepazu]
zakim, call shepazu
16:09:06 [Zakim]
ok, shepazu; the call is being made
16:09:08 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
16:09:32 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, close item 2
16:09:32 [Zakim]
agendum 2, review overdue actions from http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda, closed
16:09:34 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
16:09:35 [Zakim]
3. review action items due today [from ChrisWilson]
16:09:37 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, take up item 3
16:09:37 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "review action items due today" taken up [from ChrisWilson]
16:10:06 [ChrisWilson]
due today: action-23, on Joshue
16:10:09 [DanC]
action-23?
16:10:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-23 -- Joshue O Connor to coordinate tests using ARIA -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN
16:10:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23
16:10:29 [oedipus]
danC, the new TR has revised verbiage about host language embedding and aaron leventhal is working with a team of implementors on a User Agent Implementation Guide to ARIA
16:11:08 [oedipus]
q+
16:11:37 [DanC]
ack oedipus
16:11:46 [ChrisWilson]
yes?
16:11:46 [oedipus]
zakim, unmute Gregory_Rosmaita
16:11:46 [Zakim]
Gregory_Rosmaita should no longer be muted
16:12:19 [DanC]
GR: at our last ftf [when?] we discussed test suite building and who was to do which parts...
16:12:48 [DanC]
... but we're working on issues on host language embedding...
16:12:55 [DanC]
... to appear in upcoming WD
16:13:09 [DanC]
q+
16:13:22 [ChrisWilson]
ack DanC
16:14:48 [DanC]
action-23?
16:14:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-23 -- Joshue O Connor to coordinate tests using ARIA -- due 2008-10-01 -- OPEN
16:14:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23
16:15:24 [DanC]
action-54?
16:15:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-54 -- Chris Wilson to ask PF WG to look at drafted text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN
16:15:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54
16:15:30 [Laura]
We are still waiting for a reply from the PFWG for Action Item 54 regarding
16:15:36 [Laura]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Mar/0234.html
16:15:42 [Laura]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Apr/0408.html
16:15:52 [Laura]
Action 54 is dependent on PF's response. Request for an Action Item 54 time extension until there is a response from the PFWG.
16:15:52 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 54
16:16:05 [takkaria]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5/MediaSpecifcElements might be of interest, too
16:16:22 [ChrisWilson]
done
16:16:24 [DanC]
CW: on action-54, I meant to set the date to 6 Aug; we're waiting for something from WAI PF
16:16:38 [oedipus]
takkaria, that's a rudimentary collection page for PF issues to coordinate with and review for HTML5
16:16:55 [oedipus]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/XTech/HTML5 is main page
16:17:06 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, close item 3
16:17:06 [Zakim]
agendum 3, review action items due today, closed
16:17:07 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
16:17:18 [oedipus]
takkaria, the media specific elements is an action item i have from the PF face to face
16:17:24 [ChrisWilson]
review issues discussed
16:17:50 [oedipus]
takkaria, we (PF) were asked to outline and define requirements
16:17:59 [ChrisWilson]
(that is, we will now review any issues from the list discussed this week)
16:18:16 [ChrisWilson]
status update on SVG-in-html from Doug
16:18:18 [DanC]
Topic: ISSUE-37 html-svg-mathml
16:18:56 [DanC]
DS: there's discussion on SVG itself and on more general integration issues
16:18:59 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:19:23 [oedipus]
s/that's a/that's part of a
16:19:27 [tlr]
tlr has joined #html-wg
16:19:28 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:19:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:19:45 [oedipus]
regrets+ Josh_O_Connor
16:19:54 [DanC]
DS: Hixie says he hasn't yet reviewed the SVG WG proposal. Some comments from hsivonen are pending; vacations make progress slow
16:20:21 [ChrisWilson]
any other issues to discuss?
16:20:54 [DanC]
Topic: publication schedule
16:20:58 [oedipus]
ARIA User Agent Implementors Guide (Moz Dev doc) - http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/ARIA_to_API_mapping
16:21:07 [DanC]
DS: I note recent mail from Mike Smith re publication schedule
16:21:58 [oedipus]
next steps on forms? GJR's thoughts (logged as part of survey/vote): http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07
16:22:27 [DanC]
CW: overly frequent publication is somewhat expensive for me, for monitoring the scope
16:23:22 [oedipus]
requirements & recommendations on forms in HTML5: http://esw.w3.org/topic/GregoryRosmaita/FormsFeedback2008-07
16:23:53 [DanC]
DS: forms likely to land in October?
16:24:09 [DanC]
CW: or sooner; as forms are clearly in our charter, that's not burdensome
16:24:30 [robburns]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:24:30 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Laura (muted), Julian, Gregory_Rosmaita, DanC, ChrisWilson, takkaria, ??P14, Shepazu, [Microsoft]
16:24:49 [robburns]
zakim, ??P14 is robburns
16:24:49 [Zakim]
+robburns; got it
16:24:53 [CGI477]
CGI477 has joined #html-wg
16:25:08 [robburns]
:-)
16:25:11 [ChrisWilson]
(but we do need to honor the publication schedule)
16:25:45 [oedipus]
zakim, microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
16:25:45 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
16:26:06 [ChrisWilson]
move to adjourn
16:26:09 [oedipus]
second
16:26:14 [ChrisWilson]
adjourned.
16:26:17 [Laura]
bye
16:26:18 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:26:19 [Zakim]
-takkaria
16:26:20 [Julian]
ok
16:26:21 [Zakim]
-Gregory_Rosmaita
16:26:23 [Zakim]
-Julian
16:26:28 [Zakim]
-ChrisWilson
16:26:29 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:26:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
16:26:29 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
16:26:38 [Zakim]
-Laura
16:26:39 [ChrisWilson]
thanks Dan, for scribing
16:26:39 [Zakim]
-robburns
16:27:13 [oedipus]
chair: Chris_Wilson
16:27:20 [oedipus]
meeting: HTML WG Weekly Call
16:27:24 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:27:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:28:36 [oedipus]
meeting- html-wg chair: ChrisWilson
16:28:50 [oedipus]
meeting+ HTML WG Issue Tracking Telecon
16:28:56 [oedipus]
chair+ Chris_Wilson
16:29:00 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:29:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:30:34 [oedipus]
s/html-wg chair: ChrisWilson/HTML WG Issue Tracking Telecon
16:30:38 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:30:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:31:06 [robburns]
yeah, I don't understand how this is supposed to work?
16:31:23 [robburns]
I thought maybe asking zakim who's on the phone would add the phone attendees to the present list
16:31:34 [oedipus]
yes, it does
16:31:37 [oedipus]
zakim, please part
16:31:37 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Gregory_Rosmaita, +1.218.349.aaaa, Julian, ChrisWilson, DanC, +0161442aabb, Laura, takkaria, Shepazu, robburns, Cynthia_Shelly
16:31:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
16:31:42 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:31:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:32:03 [takkaria]
oedipus: could you remove my number from the minutes (+0161442aabb) somehow?
16:32:07 [oedipus]
present+ Laura_Carlson
16:32:22 [oedipus]
takkaria - i will try, but rrsagent isn't always accomodating
16:32:40 [oedipus]
present- [+1.218.349.aaaa]
16:32:45 [oedipus]
present+ takkaria
16:32:49 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:32:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:33:07 [oedipus]
present- aaaa
16:33:07 [DanC]
I can probably get the number out of the minutes
16:33:28 [oedipus]
present- aabb
16:33:31 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:33:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:35:25 [takkaria]
it's still got my number in it, but yeah, I go by takkaria
16:36:26 [oedipus]
s/html-wg chair: ChrisWilson/HTML WG Issue Tracking Telecon
16:36:31 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:36:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:37:19 [oedipus]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2008JulSep/0016.html
16:37:22 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:37:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html oedipus
16:37:55 [Laura]
Nice work, Gregory.
16:38:06 [oedipus]
DanC, i'll leave the rest of the clean up to you - that's all i can do with the tools i have at my disposal
16:38:33 [Laura]
no problem :-)
16:38:53 [oedipus]
did you see my last post on the a11y conformance label and checkers?
16:39:19 [oedipus]
DanC, should i dismiss rrsagent so that you have less to clean out from the end of the minutes?
16:39:56 [DanC]
no need, thanks
16:40:07 [oedipus]
i'll let you take it from here, then
16:40:37 [oedipus]
the only bits are the phone numbers and all of the after-meeting administrivia and chatter
16:41:24 [takkaria]
is there any way to attend the telecon using voip?
16:42:04 [oedipus]
hold on a second, it's too hot here to think without double-checking (32 C)
16:42:48 [oedipus]
takkaria, check: http://www.w3.org/2007/11/VoIP
16:43:33 [oedipus]
takkaria, i know there are those who do, and i'll be joining their ranks soon, so i need to brush up on what's required myself
16:45:16 [oedipus]
also: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
16:46:40 [oedipus]
takkaria, you might try emailing ted guild (http://www.w3.org/People/Ted) (ted@w3.org) or ralph swick (http://www.w3.org/People/all#swick) (swick@w3.org) or inquire of the systeam
16:56:05 [sampablokuper]
Cheers all
17:03:00 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
17:47:28 [tlr]
tlr has joined #html-wg
18:22:22 [DanC]
Meeting: HTML WG Weekly
18:22:26 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:22:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
18:23:09 [DanC]
Present: ChrisWilson, Cynthia_Shelly, DanC, Gregory_Rosmaita, Julian, Laura, Laura_Carlson, Shepazu, robburns, takkaria
18:23:11 [DanC]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:23:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-html-wg-minutes.html DanC
18:38:41 [aaronlev]
aaronlev has joined #html-wg
18:44:19 [DanC]
Zakim, bye
19:51:54 [adele_]
adele_ has joined #html-wg
21:01:48 [scotfl]
scotfl has joined #html-wg
21:18:10 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #html-wg
21:19:44 [Hixie]
Hixie has joined #html-wg
21:20:07 [Hixie]
ok i checked my traceroute AS i got disconnected and saw no problems
21:21:54 [hsivonen]
hsivonen has joined #html-wg
21:32:31 [Hixie]
Hixie has joined #html-wg
21:34:09 [hsivonen]
hsivonen has joined #html-wg
21:39:26 [jmb]
jmb has joined #html-wg
21:57:43 [Zeros]
Zeros has joined #html-wg
22:03:35 [Hixie]
Hixie has joined #html-wg
22:05:01 [Jirka]
Jirka has joined #html-wg
22:05:43 [hsivonen]
hsivonen has joined #html-wg
22:07:19 [Philip]
Hixie: It seems odd that your client reconnects almost immediately after it pings out, rather than sometimes reconnecting much later or reconnecting while you're still present
22:14:13 [Hixie]
yes
22:14:16 [Hixie]
i don't get it
22:14:39 [Hixie]
the only way to see that behaviour would be for the client to self-disconnect or for the server to disconnect
22:15:01 [Hixie]
but the client has been running for 38 days without restarting or being configured
22:15:05 [Hixie]
and it broke more recently than that
22:15:19 [Hixie]
and it only affects this server
22:16:31 [gsnedders]
Hixie: I know that this server has a very low ping timeout
22:17:17 [Hixie]
did it change recently?
22:17:23 [gsnedders]
No
22:17:27 [gsnedders]
Which doesn't explain it
22:17:31 [gsnedders]
It's just an observation :P
22:17:40 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
22:21:31 [Hixie]
odd
22:27:55 [Jirka]
Jirka has left #html-wg
22:56:56 [Hixie]
Hixie has joined #html-wg
22:58:48 [jmb]
jmb has joined #html-wg
22:59:41 [hsivonen]
hsivonen has joined #html-wg
23:05:03 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
23:09:36 [Hixie]
Hixie has joined #html-wg
23:10:55 [hsivonen]
hsivonen has joined #html-wg
23:24:19 [Hixie]
Hixie has joined #html-wg
23:26:12 [hsivonen]
hsivonen has joined #html-wg
23:35:25 [aaronlev]
aaronlev has joined #html-wg
23:40:07 [Hixie]
Hixie has joined #html-wg
23:42:32 [hsivonen]
hsivonen has joined #html-wg