See also: IRC log
<ChrisWilson> working thru action items pending review:
<ChrisWilson> action-50: separate email list
<scribe> scribe: MikeSmith
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-50 -- Dan Connolly to investigate separate mailing list on canvas/2d-graphics API with Doug S. and Chris W. -- due 2008-02-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<ChrisWilson> close action-50
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-50 Investigate separate mailing list on canvas/2d-graphics API with Doug S. and Chris W. closed
<ChrisWilson> (list has been created)
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-52 -- Anne van Kesteren to bring summary of where the Forms TF is and recommendation for action to HTML WG -- due 2008-02-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
ChrisWilson: there has been no follow-up to anne's summary e-mail
<ChrisWilson> (that is, no further emails since the charter discussion)
ChrisWilson: his recommendation is that if nothing has happened by July 2008, then we just revert to the HTML WG owns forms in HTML and the Forms WG owns forms as a standalone
<ChrisWilson> This seems reasonable to all on the call
ChrisWilson: So I think his recommended course of action is good.
<ChrisWilson> close action-52
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-52 Bring summary of where the Forms TF is and recommendation for action to HTML WG closed
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-53 -- Dan Connolly to check for offline api stuff in WebAPI proposed charter -- due 2008-02-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<anne> FWIW, Ian Hickson would like explicit consent from the Forms WG that they're ok with us working on forms again, as I understand it.
<Hixie> i don't mind
<Hixie> i just want to make sure that i don't start integrating wf2 into html5 only later to be told that it needs to all be undone and turned into xforms
<Hixie> if the group decides that wf2 is fine and we're not going to try to use xforms, that works too
<Hixie> (the group = htmlwg)
<ChrisWilson> ACTION: Chris Wilson to follow up with Forms WG to make sure they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-56 - Wilson to follow up with Forms WG to make sure they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008 [on Chris Wilson - due 2008-04-03].
<ChrisWilson> noted. I'll make sure that we follow up with them.
<ChrisWilson> we are trying to work together here, but we do want to eventually ship html5. With forms.
<Hixie> certainly, since they are forms experts, their input can only make the spec better
<Hixie> it is unfortunate that they have not been forthcoming with feedback so far
<ChrisWilson> Mike: not going to have mention of offline apps in webapi charter
<ChrisWilson> I want this ot be discussed in the hypertext cg, so I'm keeping the action pending review.
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-54 -- Gregory Rosmaita to work with SteveF draft text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements -- due 2008-04-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<ChrisWilson> Waiting on input from PF group. Reopened, moved to 2 weeks from today.
<ChrisWilson> can't seem to re-open the action, it stays as pending review. Oh well.
<ChrisWilson> overdue action items: large number on Dan, moving them to next week.
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-8 -- Michael Cooper to discuss with PFWG role attribute vs aria attribute -- due 2008-02-21 -- OPEN
<ChrisWilson> I believe this is resolved, but needs a pointer to the spec.
<ChrisWilson> Gregory isn't around, so skipping action-23
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-40 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add links on HTML WG home page to mechanism for watching changes to the HTML5 spec -- due 2008-02-21 -- OPEN
<trackbot-ng> ACTION-40 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add links on HTML WG home page to mechanism for watching changes to the HTML5 spec -- due 2008-04-03 -- OPEN
<ChrisWilson> motion to adjourn?
<ChrisWilson> any new business from IRC?
<ChrisWilson> no objections, ADJOURNED