See also: IRC log
<Gregory> GJR: notes that PF has invited simon pieters to join to expedite the process
"Discuss with PFWG role attribute vs aria attribute", on Michael Cooper
<DanC> I updated actions/8
keeping Action 8 open pending more talk with Michael Cooper
"Talk to WebAPI and WAF WGs about their role in offline API stuff and how they work with and contribute to the discussion", on chaals
<Gregory> last PF WG meeting (MC's action discussed) - member confidential archive: http://www.w3.org/2007/11/26-pf-minutes.html
ChrisW will bring up Action 13 with HCG
<DanC> updated actions/13 reassigned to ChrisW, due 13 Dec
ChrisWilson: what prompted this action?
DanC: yeah, Saturday f2f discussion about offline Web apps
"coordinate comparative tests using competing ARIA proposals"
Gregory - ran into problem with chair of PF group ...
scribe: they think it's an "undue
... there's a push to get it resolved ...
... tomorrow morning there is a meeting with zcorpan (Simon Pieters) to discuss adoption of his ARIA proposal ...
<DanC> (meeting tomorrow? a pointer to mail from whoever is running that meeting would be handy)
<DanC> (er... are we talking about aria-role in substance here or just updating the action status?)
Gregory: OK to [declare] a role
without declaring a namespace (they agreed to this
... have been working with XHTML2 people ...
<zcorpan> DanC, http://www.w3.org/mid/p06110409c3749ffc266b@%5B192.168.1.102%5D
Gregory: now need to broker with
... I can report back about this [after the meeting tomorrow]
<DanC> (which we agreed?)
ChrisWilson: DanC you noted that you wanted examples
<DanC> (I got the pointers I needed.)
<DanC> (3 meetings GR just mentioned... pointers please)
<Gregory> friday 30 november 2007 - meeting with simon pieters http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2007OctDec/0257.html
<DanC> I marked ACTION-23 withdrawn
<scribe> ACTION: Gregory to report back after 11-30 meeting on ARIA syntax [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-30 - Report back after 11-30 meeting on ARIA syntax [on Gregory Rosmaita - due 2007-12-06].
DanC: W3C process requires 7-day notice for meetings
Gregory: this is an attempt to work with the vendors who are supportive of ARIA
[discussion of getting "PF ducks in a row" and "mutual reality check"
<Zakim> DanC, you wanted to note regrets for next week 6 Dec
DanC notes he won't be here next week; ChrisWilson will chair again
<DanC> next meeting: 6 Dec, Chris W to chair
[moving on to discussion of Pending Review AIs]
ChrisWilson: this seems complete[d]
DanC will be at the Video Workshop
above is posting from Dave Singer
<DanC> ACTION: Dan see that Singer's summary makes it to the SJC/Dec W3C video workshop, possibly by confirming Singer's attendance [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-31 - See that Singer's summary makes it to the SJC/Dec W3C video workshop, possibly by confirming Singer's attendance [on Dan Connolly - due 2007-12-06].
<Shawn> fyi: Dave Singer's email was tacked on to the issue for video-codecs: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7
<Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to comment on Karl's proposal
<DanC> ok by me, action done... now what next... a note and a wiki topic look OK to me
Lachy - I'm trying to incorporate Karl's proposal into my draft ...
scribe: as well as stuff from Roger
<DanC> ok: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/products/5 Product HTML 5 authoring guidelines
<DanC> yeah, not a good name. Mike to fix
<DanC> (did lachy take an action)
<scribe> ACTION: MikeSmith to change the product name of "HTML 5 authoring guidelines" in the tracker to something else, eventually [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - MikeSmith
<scribe> ACTION: Michael(tm) to change the product name of "HTML 5 authoring guidelines" in the tracker to something else, eventually [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-32 - Change the product name of \"HTML 5 authoring guidelines\" in the tracker to something else, eventually [on Michael(tm) Smith - due 2007-12-06].
<Lachy> DanC, what action would you like me to take?
<DanC> good question. maybe none, for now
<DanC> . ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide for publication as a Note
<DanC> yup, regular web pages or blogs are fine by me
Justin: [suggestion about considering blog items]
DanC - I consider the series-of-blog items to be a fairly comfortable way of publishing this kind of information.
<DanC> ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide for publication as a Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - Lachy
<DanC> ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide, maybe as a Note, maybe other [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - Lachy
<DanC> (Lachy, can I add you to the issue tracking task force? i.e. will you be in touch with the chairs regularly?)
Lachy: we want to be able to update the info after we publish it
<anne> That's possible with a Note
<ChrisWilson> (i.e. the content will change as the HTML5 spec changes)
<DanC> (I presume so...)
<anne> You just publish another Note
Lachy: blogs are good for describing current state of things but not for things that need to be updated
<DanC> ACTION: ChrisWilson to investigate an HTML WG blog, a la the way the I18N WG does it [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-33 - Investigate an HTML WG blog, a la the way the I18N WG does it [on Chris Wilson - due 2007-12-06].
<DanC> due jan
<ChrisWilson> (or haven't seen recent discussion?)
DanC - you can assign that issue to Lachlan now
<Gregory> GJR: would like a continuation on http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/24 - I've noted in the tracker the steps taken so far, and am in the process of finalizing a tweaked stylesheet for review
[discussion of nonconformance of the style attribute in HTML5]
ChrisWilson: how are we tracking follow-up and resolution on these issues?
DanC: there is a new testing task force?
<Zakim> DanC, you wanted to note another idea: an edited series of blog articles
above is about testsuite stuff
<Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to talk about testsuite stuff
<DanC> ah... test suite product is already there... http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/products/4
<ChrisWilson> Tracker watching public-html; the public-issue-tracking is for discussing how we do issue tracking.
<ChrisWilson> Above was DanC
<Shawn> Lachy: it was primarily for discussion of issues with the Tracker software... and yes... what ChrisWilson said.
<Lachy> ok, so it's not something I need to subscribe to (I'm on too many lists already :-))
<ChrisWilson> I believe that is true, yes.
<ChrisWilson> I don't think I'm subscribed.
<Shawn> We just didn't want to clutter public-html with noise on backoffice issues
<Julian> No, I didn't.
[discussion about mailing lists and interaction with tracker:
<ChrisWilson> Any other issues?
<ChrisWilson> Motion to adjourn?
[no objections to adjourning heard]