See also: IRC log
<RalphS> previous 2007-08-16
<scribe> Scribe: markbirbeck
Ben pointed out that the key thing now is to get a new draft of the syntax document out.
<ShaneM> I have a question about: http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/htmlwg/rdfa-syntax/Overview.html#s_rules
Steven, Shane and Mark are working on this now.
Steven said that a lot has changed, so we do need to be careful about coordinating.
Shane replied that although it is true that there are changes, the fundamentals remain.
Other than things like 'meta and link everywhere' a lot is similar.
<ShaneM> sorry - here: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-rdfa-syntax-20070812/#s_rules
Shane was asking about the section called 'Rules'...i;e., what is it for?
Mark said that 'very old' versions of the document did have a rules section, but we've not bothered keeping it up to date until everything is final.
<scribe> ACTION: Ben to update the bookmarklet to handle img@src [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
<scribe> ACTION: Ben to work test cases 31 and 32 into primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action14] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: mh to add a test case for @src [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action10] [CONTINUES]
<mhausenblas> Michael: I'll add another TC with @resource overwrites @src
Ben pointed out that there is no reason not to add additional 'tests' for the single feature.
scribe: there can't be too many test cases. :)
mh to write an img@src test case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
<Steven> ACTION: mh to write an img@src test case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action11] [DROPPED]
<scribe> ACTION: mh to create best practices wiki page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
<RalphS> Mark: I'm concerned that we may be getting too many sources of information; stick to just a couple of documents
<RalphS> Michael: I don't care where we put best practices information but I think we should have it
<RalphS> Mark: I worry that we'll have too many things floating around
Ben, can see the point, but Bob's comment about showing how to do microformats with RDFa is a good idea.
Mark: Would just point out that
the problem with microformats is that they don't always
correspond to a vocabulary, so we'd have to first find the
'underlying' vocabulary that they've mapped to.
... not saying we shouldn't do it, just that it is not so easy.
Ben: Sees support from Shane and Steven for showing how to do microformats with RDFa.
Mark: Why not just focus on microformat users for now?
Ben: Ok...so let's withdraw MH's action item and change to "RDFa for Microformats authors".
<scribe> ACTION: mh to create "Microformats done right -- unambiguous taxonomies via RDF" on the wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
I'm just pasting the old actions. :)
<scribe> ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/11-htmltf-minutes.html#action04] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Steven to check test cases 29-33 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action09] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Ben to recontact implementors Elias, MarkB, triplr [and Fabien] and post their implementations to http://esw.w3.org/topic/RDFa#Implementations [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Ben to work through xml:lang issue with Ivan [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-rdfa-minutes.html#action07] [DROPPED]
Discussion on @xml:lang.
<RalphS> Shane: Karl's message says that you may only use xml:lang in the XML serialization of HTML5
Ben: Summarising the situation in relation to @lang and @xml:lang.
<benadida> PROPOSE to resolve: lang is not part of XHTML1.1, xml:lang is, thus XHTML1.1+RDFa supports only xml:lang.
RESOLUTION: @lang is not part of XHTML1.1, @xml:lang is, so we resolve that XHTML1.1+RDFa will only support @xml:lang.
<benadida> ACTION: Ben, Mark, Elias, and other implementors to add xml:lang support [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
<mhausenblas> Q: Does datatype hold a CURIE or a CURIE/URI?
<mhausenblas> implicit: CURIE only
Ben: PROPOSE that @datatype holds a basic_curie, rather than a safe_curie.
Ben: to use the terminology in the latest edits of CURIE syntax.
<RalphS> Shane: in the latest CURIE editors' draft we removed square brackets
<RalphS> Mark: we didn't actually remove them, we moved them to a different level
<mhausenblas> +q ot ask about definition of basic vs. safe
<RalphS> ... the author of a language using CURIEs can make a reference to a "basic CURIE" or to a "safe CURIE"
<mhausenblas> +1 to Ben's datatype proposal
RESOLUTION: @datatype holds a basic_curie, rather than a safe_curie. (I.e., it does not need to have square brackets around it, and is essentially the same behaviour as @rel, @rev and @property.)
Ralph: The WG has decided to have
a meeting on 8 and 9 October.
... we started to put together the agenda.
... question is whether RDFa 'wants' to be on the agenda.
Ben: We need to be on the
... who else is going?
Steven: It's a holiday week, so won't be there.
Ralph: Think we should involve
others from the SW Deployment WG.
... because we (Ralph, Ben) haven't been pushing RDFa onto the agenda then it hasn't often been raised.
... if we think that there are contributions that we want from people then we should try to be on the agenda.
Mark: Asked if it was worth being on the agenda so as to do some RDFa marketing.
Ralph: Thinks it may well be worth it.
Ben: Thinks it would be worth
promoting RDFa too.
... if we had mature documents by then, and good implementations, perhaps Mark could present 'the package'.
<RalphS> [draft] SWD WG f2f agenda
Ralph: So it looks like Ben, Michael and Shane could be there remotely, and Mark might be able to attend in person.
<RalphS> Mark: Shane and I were working on CURIEs the past week
<RalphS> ... I'm interested in the Rules section of the syntax document
<Steven> Correction: I am in Amsterdam that week
<Steven> I can attend
<RalphS> ... if I focus on the Rules section that might be a way to manage editing conflicts
<RalphS> Ben: can the editors find a time for an hour telecon?
<Steven> I have posted to rdfa.info about Joost
<RalphS> Ben: I'm planning to revamp the Primer completely, focus on the important attributes
<mhausenblas> Michael: any input for riese welcome ;)
mmm...what's the magic again?
"zakim, make minutes"?
or do I do something else first?
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128 of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/the author/the author of a language using CURIEs/ Found Scribe: markbirbeck Inferring ScribeNick: markbirbeck Default Present: Ralph, Michael_Hausenblas, benadida, Steven, ShaneM, markbirbeck Present: Ralph Michael_Hausenblas benadida Steven ShaneM markbirbeck Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Aug/0158.html Got date from IRC log name: 23 Aug 2007 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/08/23-rdfa-minutes.html People with action items: ben elias implementors mark mh other[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]