See also: IRC log
<TomB> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2007/05/29-swd-minutes.html
<TomB> Edsu, welcome!
?aaaa is me
<TomB> Scribe: benadida
<TomB> Scribenick: benadida
TomB: welcome Ed Summers, new member from library of congress
EdS: doing some experiments with
SKOS with Rob Sanderson (Liverpool)
... categorizing books, new journals. Awkward, PDF form, data munging, figuring out semantics from layout
... came up with simple SKOS file.
... connected with TomB, working with colleague Barbara Tillett on updating formats for library data, taxonomies.
... looking at ways to make data URL-addressable on the web
... fairly new to semweb, but have followed XML closely
<RalphS> welcome, Ed
<edsu> thanks :)
TomB: recent publication, use
case document is a good place to start.
... PROPOSE to accept minutes of 5/29 telecon
RESOLVED to accept minutes of 2007-05-29 telecon
TomB: postponing discussion of f2f until next week
TomB: comments on readability: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007May/0079.html
Antoine: the confusion came from
the last part and the names given to requirements
... commenter expected names to denote official relationships
... hopefully can be solved easily for next version
TomB: a number of links need to be made on the site, volunteer?
TomB: SKOS pages on wiki and w3c web site. They are not quite current, missing links to UCR.
<scribe> ACTION: Ralph to update SKOS pages to point to UCR [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-swd-minutes.html#action01]
<guus> [I want to say a few words about repkying to comments
TomB: no rush
Guus: a few words on replying to
comments from outsiders, as this is the first time.
... if you reply to someone from outside, a number of rules.
... (1) be extremely polite
... (2) try to reply by citing the document itself
... what you remember is not necessarily what the document says
... (3) is commenter satisfied with response? Can we close the comment?
... can give some examples of good comment responses
... if a document gets no response, that's bad. Interest = comments.
<scribe> ACTION: Guus to point to typical responses that follow guidelines described in telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-swd-minutes.html#action02]
Antoine: what if something in the mail is very wrong?
<RalphS> I second Guus' comments about the value of giving careful responses
Guus: give a careful, methodical response. The conclusion is not "do you agree," but rather "can you live with it?"
Ralph: looking at the document is indeed important, as memory != document.
TomB: very useful, thanks.
<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to fix wording on skos issues sandbox [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-swd-minutes.html#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: Alistair will look at raising the examples from the issues to test cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-swd-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: TomB to fix wording of IssuesProcess [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/29-swd-minutes.html#action10] [DONE]
TomB: look at http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/IssuesProcess
... added lifecycle issues mentioned last week
... if an issue is not in the tracker, it's not an issue
... issues are assigned, issues are periodically reviewed
(scribe skipping TomB's description of doc, refer to http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/IssuesProcess)
<RalphS> (Tom reviews 1.3. Life cycle of issues)
TomB: discuss on list or next week
Ralph: small question on
transition from "raised" to "open"
... in this draft, "open" = actively worked on, in other WGs, it feels that open is lower threshold
Guus: if it affects the requirements, it must be recorded
Ralph: worried about issues staying in "raised" state too long. As long as we quickly cover raised issues.
Guus: OWL experience, 60 issues
total, 6-7 hairy ones, 6-7 difficult. Once the hairy and
difficult were resolved, remaining issues were resolved
... if we resolve the current issues, we can produce a new WD for SKOS, and then resolve remaining issues.
Ralph: my concern would be resolved if, when we move to LC, we've only address all open issues and we have no raised issues left.
Guus: when we go to LC, issue
list should contain no raised or open issue
... resolved, dropped, or postponed.
Ralph: that's fine.
<scribe> ACTION: Jon and Alistair: Move SKOS issues over from Sandbox to Tracker on an ongoing basis [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/08-swd-minutes.html#action10] [CONTINUES]
Jon: we haven't coordinated on
issues to move
... can't say we're done with it yet
Issue-26: RelationshipsBetweenLabels (http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/26)
... one issue. current proposal lets you use terms as resources
(scribe getting a bit lost here, less familiar with this work.)
Guus: if we resolve this one
issue, we can come to a consensus
... wordsense binds a particular term to a particular meaning
... proposal: we need to talk about relationships between terms
... discussion is whether wordsense needs a separate discussion
... would make SKOS too complex
Antoine: my comment is about refusing to use the word "term"
Guus: matter of naming.
<Antoine> my real comments on issue 26 are http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007May/0072.html
<scribe> ACTION: Guus to rephrase current proposal, slightly revise naming based on comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-swd-minutes.html#action07]
Guus: we are ready to close on this if Daniel gives ok (while traveling)
<TomB> +1 I like the proposal - would be happy to bring to a vote
Guus: Antoine, could you place my proposal in the wiki, then I will edit?
Antoine: yes, by tomorrow.
Guus: (answer to question), in current SKOS, terms are more directly attached to concept, but old SKOS works ok.
<TomB> ACTION: Antoine to put SimpleExtensionProposal into wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-swd-minutes.html#action08]
Antoine: I am pasting links to original discussions
<Zakim> Bern, you wanted to ask if we have already determined that this is a necessary requirement
Bern: was this a necessary requirement before we provided a solution to it?
Guus: we thought it was
Bern: recorded anywhere?
Guus: good question, thought it
was a conclusion from Boston f2f.
... I will look this up
Antoine: an important aspect of
this issue, if we don't do anything, no one will be able to
represent this kind of link
... does it bring too much trouble in existing SKOS proposal, is the model really complex?
Guus: in a compromise, we cannot fully satisfy a requirement
Bern: some requirements in clarity, ease of use, may conflict
<scribe> ACTION: Guus to include a reference to the original requirements in the resolution proposal [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-swd-minutes.html#action09]
Issue-31: BasicLexicalLabelSemantics (http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/31)
Issue-33: Grouping Construct (http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/33)
<scribe> ACTION: Alistair to propose minimal fix for resolution of issue 33 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-swd-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]
SKOS test cases
<scribe> ACTION: Sean to look at the test environment supporting the SKOS semantics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/05/15-swd-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Elisa to provide outline of work to be done by Apr 17 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-swd-minutes.html#action11] [DONE]
Elisa: a bit more
structure/examples can be worked on
... willing to set up a time to do this
<RalphS> scribenick: Ralphs
Ben: RDFa telecons are on the new
telecon schedule, meeting Thursdays
... yesterday there was an alpha release of FireFox Operator support for RDFa
... documents are a bit behind; working on issues
... discussing now where to define boundary between RDFa and host language
<scribe> scribenick: benadida
TomB: any remaining issues.
next telecon next week
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128 of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/colleague/colleague Barbara Tillett/ Succeeded: s/versiokn/version/ Succeeded: s/these guidelines/guidelines described in telecon/ Succeeded: s/1.2/1.3/ Succeeded: s/text/test/ Found Scribe: benadida Found ScribeNick: benadida Found ScribeNick: Ralphs Found ScribeNick: benadida ScribeNicks: benadida, Ralphs Default Present: Ralph, TomB, EdSummers, Guus, Bernard, Antoine_Isaac, JonP, +1.781.237.aaaa, benadida, Elisa_Kendall Present: Ralph TomB EdSummers Guus Bernard Antoine_Isaac JonP +1.781.237.aaaa benadida Elisa_Kendall WARNING: Replacing previous Regrets list. (Old list: Daniel, Michael, Diego, Vit, Sean, Alistair, Clay, Simone) Use 'Regrets+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list, such as: <dbooth> Regrets+ Daniel, Michael, Diego, Vit, Sean, Alistair Regrets: Daniel Michael Diego Vit Sean Alistair Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Jun/0002.html Got date from IRC log name: 5 Jun 2007 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/06/05-swd-minutes.html People with action items: alistair antoine from guus issues jon move over propose ralph resolution sandbox skos[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]