See also: IRC log
PROPOSED to accept minutes of 3 April telecon: http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html
RESOLUTION: accepted minutes
April 24th, for sure
May 1st: TomB has a problem. Will check to see if Guus is available
Alistair regrets for May 1st
May 8th: WWW conflict
Ralph, Sean regrets for May 8th
Spring face-to-face meeting. Proposed to hold it in Sept/Oct/Nov
RESOLUTION: Next f2f in Sep/Oct/Nov
<scribe> ACTION: TomB to start questionnaire on date for f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
Bernard: W3C plenary in 1st week of Nov. Why not synchronise?
Ralph: Probably good idea, but conflict with ISWC
... depends on how many from this group are attending.
... W3C Plenary is in Cambridge, Mass: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/TPOverview.html
ACTION: Antoine, Jon, Daniel respond to the SKOS Use Case reviews, target a decision to publish on 17 April [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action02] [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action02]
Antoine: issues still to be
resolved, hopefully in the next few days.
... requesting feedback from reviewers to comments addressed
ACTION: Alan to write up the preferredLabel modelling issue [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action03]
ACTION: Alan to write down the general documentation requirements, in particular to those that are related to literal values, and how to represent that in skos [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action04]
Antoine: Is it possible to get
some support (e.g. Ralph) w.r.t the
... editorial aspects of putting documents into W3C and get processed
... with proper stylesheets
Ralph: From WG homepage there are
pointers to guides for editors
... tech report editors materials (bottom of WG home paghe)
... document is in wg space, so pubrules checker can be run over it.
Antoine: worried about technical
difficulties. E.g. uses amaya but then
... output is diofferent. character encoding?
Jon: Can help with this.
<aliman> I just use http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/base as base stylesheet for editors drafts
<RalphS> Editors' Resources
ACTION: Guus revise his ISSUE-26 proposal to account for other options [http://www.w3.org/2007/03/20-swd-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action05]
ACTION: Alistair to write up two alternatives for representing Collections [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action06]
ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to Recipe issue 1.3 [http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action07]
ACTION: Elisa to provide outline of work to be done by Apr 17 [http://www.w3.org/2007/04/03-swd-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action08]
ACTION: Ben to send mail to Semantic Web and HTML mailing lists publicizing and soliciting comments on RDFa Primer and RDFa Use Cases work [http://www.w3.org/2007/03/20-swd-minutes.html#action14] [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action09]
Ben: Just did it 45 minutes ago!
Ben: Report from yesterday's
... Have a solid Working draft for use cases/primer
... hoping for more comments
<RalphS> record of 2007-04-16 RDFa telecon
Ben: working on syntax and
discussing what to bring to last call
... feedback from grddl wg
... grddl taking syntax and test cases to last call.
... use cases and primer kept as notes.
... i.e. normative docs as last call, non-normative stuff as wg notes
Ralph: this is fine. Case by case
decision by wg as to what should be rec and what should
... notes. Anything important for a reader to understand the technology (and use it) should be part of
... rec package. Auxiliary stuff could be notes. Use cases fall into the second. Primer maybe not.
... depends on how complete other documents are.
Ben: GRDDL wg says that their
primer will go to last call if time permits.
... If primer is particularly useful then it could be part of the rec. Documents are
... useful, but pushing them all to rec status may not be feasible in the time.
Ralph: Used to be that could
decide later. New W3 patent policy requires us to say whether
... a document is rec track when first drafts are published.
Ben: Have already made statements about the documents.
Ralph: In case of RDFa rec has
moved from being part of XHTML to standalone document
... can potentially change our minds later
Ben: Safe to say that use cases
and other auxiliaries are ok as notes.
... Primer should be part of rec package
Ralph: I don't see a particular reason to break that trend
Ben: RDFa overview document.
Points to other documents. May be auxiliary
... Just an umbrella
...Proposed: syntax rec track, test cases last call, primer to last call. Others notes
... Will send summary to group cc swd. Any comments please shout
ACTION: Ben to send a summary of status of components of specifications will be handled [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action10]
TomB: Request for comments on
GRDDL last call
... volunteer to read grddl spec and report back to next week's call
... can then send a note to grddl. Purpose of review is to flag issues that we see
... w.r.t. SWD deliverables. Anything that raises issues re. SKOS or RDFa should be flagged
TomB: also soliciting feedback on test cases and primer (but GRDDDL spec more important)
Ben: I was involved in GRDDL. What's the timeline?
TomB: By middle of next week. Not a complete review, but before April 24th.
Ben: Can't do it (is moving)
TomB: Looking for some kind of collective response
<RalphS> "Comments are due by 30 March 2007" -- http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/
Ben: Some mild concerns that they
haven't taken RDFa into account. Not killer concerns,
... but worth noting
... Can email them and say I need more time before feeding back
... whatever happens, Ben should send comment
... This is a good document. Someone else should take a look as Ben's been involved
ACTION: Ben to provide feedback on GRDDL Last Call Doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action11]
Diego: I'll do it
ACTION: Diego to review GRDDL Last Call Doc. Discuss briefly at next week's call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-swd-minutes.html#action12]
No further business, meeting adjourned.